Taylor to Jets "close to done"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Apr 9, 2010.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

Where else can he look for the production Taylor has consistantly put forward? A draft pick is a bigger gamble than Taylor. Taylor is coming to be the face of the franchise. I doubt he will like Jets fans suddenly, and I don't think anyone expects us to accept him with open arms.

He is, for all intents and purposes, the best available option at this time.

2. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

I agree with you 100% and yes I believe it was Pace running his mouth on SNY after the game.

There are several guys I'm not crazy about on the Jets, LT being the newest (yup I said it), and I just don't wanna add anymore, especially the player I hate most. I seriously question his motivation and willingness to be a team player.

Enjoy your Sunday man

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

those against the signing will never accept that. obviously it is the truth or the team would be looking into that better option. all the arguments and counter arguments are great but the only thing that really matters is that the coach of last season's number one defense thinks taylor will make that defense even better. that's good enough for me until rex proves to me he doesn't really know what he is doing.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

^ What he said. ^

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

No one is infallible.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really? Walking out of the tunnel with both middle fingers extended to the fans in Buffalo isn't as bad as calling us white trash?

7. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

No, he's the only one that would play for a kickers salary.

8. ........

........ Trolls

I don't think you remember Bryan Cox very well. Prior to his arrival with the Jets, I hated the guy, and that was in an era with a hell of a lot less media coverage than we have today. He was good for at least a few on-field outbursts per season, constantly got in trouble for running his mouth off against players and fans, and was generally an asshole before teams like the Jets managed to harness his emotion. It's actually a somewhat fair comparison.

9. CatoTheElder

Taylor:Jets fans::Cox:Bills fans

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

by monday Jets will be trying to sell me a jersey

11. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

this is right on the money. fuck jason taylor.

Sent from my Droid

12. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I can't believe we're close to signing this prick but hopefully he'll play well for us..despite hating our fanbase..

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Those were the days.

German Jets Fan doesn't post anymore...

14. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Bryan Cox is an excellent example of an extremely passionate, intense ( Dolphins player whom Jets fans (myself included) hugely despised but who was later totally accepted if not fully embraced as an extremely valuable contributor shortly after becoming a member of our squad.

Those who whimper and whine about turning their back on the team should he sign with us are either not true fans or simply need to put down their dollies, cancel the weekly stuffed animal, backyard tea parties and try to at least grow some hair on their prepubescent womanhood. Some of the crybaby sh*t I've read here is truly embarrassing. I could understand it if the tears and petulant foot stomping were coming from fans who actually were young children (which may be the case in some instances) but for those whiners who are old enough to drive, grow the hell up already.

If Taylor has enough left in the tank to make the type of contributions he is capable of (both tangible and intangible) he will be an extremely valuable asset to this team and improve our defense substantially. Boo fricken' hoo!

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I started following the NFL once Cox was already on the NYJ, but I was lead to believe Cox had major beef with Buffalo fans/organization not the NYJ. Maybe it was the whole division because he was such an agitator.... He was one of my favorite Jets when he was here, such a beast.

16. CatoTheElder

That's the most intense rivalry as I remember it. Everyone hated Cox because he always ran his mouth and was generally an asshole to everybody but it seemed to be greatest between Cox and the Bills.

17. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAH:rofl:

Thats going in my sig if you dont mind

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I've seen a picture of Cox walking onto the field in Buffalo through the tunnel flipping off the crowd with both hands. Epic pic.

19. ........

........ Trolls

His biggest moment was with the Bills fans, but he had developed animosity with everyone.

20. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Cox was pretty much a general prick, had a few favorites but was mostly hated by everyone. Like Bart Scott, everyone probably hates him because of how he is on the field, but no team really stands out in terms of hatred. Maybe the Steelers? I think when it comes to Taylor he is specifically and definitively hated most by Jet fans, who he equally despises.