Tannenbaums not Gonna Pay Chad His Bonus

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KRhodesMVP, Mar 5, 2008.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The OL seemed to get worse b/c of KC's questionable decision making resulting in holding on to the ball too long. It was as bad when KC was under C as it was when Chad was.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

KC Got Coles hurt, Chad did not get Coles hurt. Coles always jumps for balls he doesn't have to which led to that big hit and concussion while the KC pass was badly underthrown causing Coles contact which hurt his ankle.

3. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Arguing that Chad should start because KC sucks is just a stupid argument. The fact is that probably neither of them should start on any team.

I’ve watched enough football that I could pretty much say that KC does not have “it” and I’m not confident that he will work out. But any of you that watched Chad last year (and the three previous years) and think he is someone who should be playing in the NFL is just insane.

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I disagree, that pass to Coles was pretty high. If he didn't jump I don't think he would have caught it. But the concussion only kept him out one game. The ankle affected him the rest of the year. Huge difference so on that we definitely agree.

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Did Eli have "it" before the end of this season?

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Chad did kill us or did I dream those games up?

7. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

^^ Yes. I never got on the Eli sucks bandwagon.

8. winstonbiggs

Yes you were just to busy bashing him to get it.

9. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Bob Glauber says this in his NFL Blog: "...Green has been cleared to return from a second serious concussion, although the Giants would complete their own evaluation when they're ready to chat with Green. The bigger concern, I'm told, is whether Green has sufficient arm strength to deal with the swirling winds at Giants Stadium..."

Mr. Green is now being criticized for Concussions AND a spaghetti arm too.

10. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Neither of the Jets QBs carries a gun.

I would say that there was a lot more to those losses than a murderous QB.

You guys are just star struck. If I were to take you seriously it would either be Christ or the Devil.

The NYJ have won when they played well as a team and had a lot of choices both on defense and offense with which to make plays.

They have not been structured as a go-for-broke team -- either under Edwards or Mangini.

This "Take Me To The Promised Land!" mantra that so many people on this blog bray about is not football.

It's a lot more fantasy or Madden.

I think there's a video game hangover in the air over this blog today.

11. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

It appears that you think that a backup is not very important, that "anybody" can do it.

I think that most NFL teams take the position today that you have to have two QBs that are pretty good together and really know how to run the offense on the roster.

Take a look at what Cleveland just did with Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn for example.

I think that the NYJ have had a little experience in the fragility of the QB behind an OL that makes mistakes sometimes or as in 07 alot of the time. It seems that I remember that two NYJ QBs went down in the same game a little while back. I guess they were just fragile, huh?

If the OL doesn't protect the QB so that he has long enough to do his job, or if the OL doesn't open holes so that the RBs have someplace to run, then the offense sucks. Whether the QB takes advantage when he FINALLY gets a break is a crap shoot mostly.

I think a lot of the anger and frustration that is flying off this block is about the team not playing well, not that we don't have a savior on a white horse that magically takes us to the SB on his great cape.

I don't think QBs can do that by themselves, if Elway's line didn't give him time, if Elway's running game and passing game didn't complement each other enough to keep the DBs honest, there would have been no two minute miracles from his golden arm.

The NYJ need an OL. We're getting one together, apparently. Now we'll see how well both QBs run the BS offense.

I don't think much of the OL in the last couple of years. I don't think much of all the evaluations of the two NYJ QBs of the last few years either.

Neither Chad nor Kellen can be judged fairly until they get a killer OL.

Now we'll see what happens.

12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Bullshit, it's easy to backtrack now after the guy wins a Super Bowl. Typical around here though.

13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

His biggest problem during the season was turnovers- both fumbles and ints.

Once he started taking better care of the ball, things turned around.

14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Even though Winston answered this already, I want to let you know that -while I would prefer Chad over Joey- if Joey came for a few million less, then I would rather have Joey. Or basically, what Winston said :up:

15. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

In all fairness I was one of the FIRST on the eli sucks bandwagon... I probably would have been driving it. I NEVER would have thought he would have played that well.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd go for that, Clemens as the guy who has the lead at the start of camp, Flacco learning the ropes and pushing him and Tuiasosopo as the veteran 3rd stringer and maybe 2nd stringer if Flacco is not good to go in that role.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

And as my grandmother was fond of saying (bless her heart), even the sun shines on a dogs ass now and again. :grin:

Eli still sucks in my book.

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

trade the #6 to dallas for their two 1's and a 3rd.

use one of the first late rounders on flacco.:up:

19. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

We were crazy to give chad all that money in the first place. But I think Chad has been a great guy. Restructuring his contract i belive one time or was that Martin?

20. winstonbiggs

Are you seriously trying to say that Chad has anywhere near the value of either of Clevelands QB's. No team can afford to have a mediocre to bad backup QB getting starters money for very long.