Tannenbaums not Gonna Pay Chad His Bonus

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KRhodesMVP, Mar 5, 2008.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I disagree. I feel the team is being put in a position to clearly be competitive today and continue winning into the future. Five and Six year deals, and maintaining the bulk of our draft picks just doesn't smack of a get it over with attitude. It shows that they are committed to winning now and looking toward the future.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I agree. Pay him and keep him in case Clemens goes down. We need to also draft Joe Flacco.

3. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

I think you mean "SACKED". Or "SHELL SHOCKED".

And the second definition would have a picture of Kellen Clemens circa end of 2007.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

agreed...although, I think Clemens will come in to his own this coming season....and won't have to run for the hills everytime the ball is snapped....

As far as Harrington goes.....we shouldn't even be talking about this guy......he's terrible.

5. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

I agree... and I think Clemens will be a much better QB this year, but it's hard to judge to a QB when he's running for his life as soon as he gets his hands on the ball.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If we could get Harrington as the backup or even Cleo Lemon and use the 5million to either bring in another quality starter or lock up Rhodes long term, hell yes. Using up big time cap money on a small time QB is just a waste. Get a decent backup QB and draft one and bring in another impact player somewhere else. We aren't going to a SB with Chad we already know that. We probably aren't with Clemens but who knows he at least has a live arm and a great release and is apparetly very smart. Give him the team for a year while he costs us very little, if he's the real deal we need to find out now in year 3 he only has a 4 year deal. Bring in another young gun in the draft and get a vet who can fill in if he gets hurt.

Chad Pennington is Jay Fiedler in 05 waiting to happen.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was not even close to being the worst player. The Ol was putrid and w/o a decent OL it's hard to do anything. Did you see how Brady looked human when the Giants were able to get some pressure?

If KC wasn't so horrible qtrs 1-3 he wouldn't have had to lead a couple of comebacks.

8. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

The 3 worst players in 07 were Adrien Clarke, Pennington and Shayne Graham, and probably in that order

9. nyjunc

When did we get Shayne Graham?

10. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Who is Shayne Graham?

11. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Most sensible post in this thread

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Clemens' "comebacks" were FGs. The games we won with him were 19-16 in OT and 13-10 in OT, any time you need OT to get to 13 or 19 it's hardly the QB winning the game. We scored 8 TDs in something like 89 possessions with him-- sure, let's just hand him the keys to the franchise. Sound thinking.

13. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Oh yea Ben I guess is his name, that useless punter we have

14. winstonbiggs

How many games did Chad win against a team not named the Dolphins last year? How many did Clemens win against a team not named the Dolphins last year?

I have no problem agreeing with you that Clemens was awful last year, Chad was worse he outright killed the team when they were in position to win games last year.

15. nyjunc

What did KC do in those games the Jets won? He got Coles hurt w/ a bad underthrow and kept Pitt in the game until leading us on a tying FG drive then leon did the rest in OT and against KC he allowed KC to hang around then thomas Jones took care of everything in OT.

16. winstonbiggs

Now your bashing Clemens for using the Chad winning formula of managing the game?

17. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Chads final pass before he was benched got Coles Concussed so don't even try it with Clemens! KC moved us in field goal position with the same sorry talent chad could not win with. If not for a dropped pass in Ot by Cotchery Clemens would have been 4-3. 4-3 to quote "Mr Biggs" against a team that is not the Dolphins!

18. nyjunc

Chad at his best wouldn't kill us, Clemens was killing us for 3 qtrs in most of his games. A few he played well in the 4th. That is what I like about Clemens, he seemed to forget how bad he was playing which is a good trait(alot like Eli '05) but KC was awful last year but the worst part was he didn't seem to progress. he didn't get better from the Bal game to the KC game.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes, but in all fairness to KC, the O-line got progressively worse as he didn't progress. Coincidence? Not at all. He never had a chance.

20. KSJets

KSJets New Member

So a healthy Coles can run 50 yards in 2 seconds??? Nice. I don't see why we're not resigning him and giving him what he wants then :rolleyes:

Also, the reason why Coles was injured so often in KC's games was because of Clemens. Not the concussion, I know that was Chad's fault, but the ankle injury was a direct result of an underthrown deep ball that Coles had to wait for from Clemens. That effectively ended his season because he couldn't run the same. If people are going to fault Chad for getting Coles hurt, then they need to do the same for Clemens.

Also, Chad's plant foot was injured in the first game of the year and probably affected him for awhile. He had less than ideal velocity to begin with but then hurting his plant foot probably took even more off of the ball.