Taking off the green glasses...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Seymour would be a great 4-3 tackle. I'm having a hard time envisioning Belichik trading him away if he was trying to make the switch. Put Wilform on the nose and Seymour at the 3T and you have the basis for a dominant run defense out of the 4-3 which is a hard thing to do.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I can't see how taking a player of the quality of Richard Seymour off your line in either D is a plus. This guy could play inside or outside in a 4/3.

3. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Why don't you wait for a disaster before you go all doom n' gloom on the jets. It was one fucking game and a good win. take it, shut it, and move on.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have a feeling that, without Seymour in this scenario, Ty Warren would be designated NT in that scenario and Wilfork would be the 3T. Sort of like how we put Pouha at the nose and Jenkins at the 3T in our 4-3 sets.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Two points worth mentioning:

1) WE DIDN'T PLAY NOT TO LOSE:
    I think it was in the post game PC... Sanchez said "We didn't play not to lose, we played to win." He is so spot on with that, but it also tells you that's his mentality also just becasue he mentioned it. But he also showed it on the field with those tremendous 1st down conversions on 3rd and 8, 3rd and 9 situations. That's playing to win, and not playing not to lose. Mangini and Herm before him would never have played it loose like that, they'd have played not to lose the game, and then probably would have.

2) SHOTTENHEIMER PLAYED IT TO WIN ALSO: Sanchez and Schotty are on the same page, it was obvious. When Houston scored that TD on that flukie fumble recovery/refunmbe recovery (their only score since their offense certainly wasn't getting it done), the momentum briefly looked like it could shift. The fans were going wild now, at 17-7 and figured they can get back in the game. Would Schottenheimer have remainded aggressive under Mangini and called the same plays that got us those 7 points right back again (24-7). Probably not, but Ryan wasn't about to let Schotty do anything but keep the pedal to the metal and Sanchez was down with that also.

This is a whole new look to the NY Jets. Belichick doesn't have his wanna-be, conservative, predictable understudy to kick around any more. This is a balls to the wall, in-your-face team and doesn't resemble last year's Jets one iota.

6. patsfaninpittsburgh

Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what he's saying.

Isn't that what he said last year with Cassel? But this year it's different.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Seymour got traded so they could acquire a top 10 pick (it's relatively safe to assume Oakland will continue to suck) and so that there wasn't a dispute over signing Wilfork or Seymour... Wilfork is clearly the guy, and also the better player of the two.

The Pats have a rookie on their team by the name of Ron Brace who is going to be a force and will make people forget about Seymour rather quickly...

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye, pal. The ride for you must have been fun, but it's over now...

9. abyzmul

I didn't say it was a plus, but with Seymour's impending contract negotiations and Belichick's inability to pay veteran players meaningful amounts of money, it's a workaround.

10. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

And we Jets fans should care 'cause.....OH WAIT! Isn't he a jet? :wink:

11. patsfaninpittsburgh

Why would the Pats "rebuild"?

This is about multiple fronts/looks.

Big 3-4 Brace/Wilfork/Warren

Big 4-3 Pryor/Brace/Wilfork/Warren

Pass rush 4-3 Burgess/Green/Pryor/Thomas

Multiple fronts with multiple looks. The key is personnel grouping that can create 3-4 and the ability to field a Giants style pass rush from the 4-3.

Belichik mode of operation is opponent specific game plans not lunatics running around.

12. patsfaninpittsburgh

Again, same thing you said last year.

:rofl:

13. xxedge72x

Are you a troll or something? They're discussing why NE would trade Seymour away, I gave my input.

14. abyzmul

You're just regurgitating what some knowledgeable Pats fan told you one time.

15. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

No I'm not a troll, dude. Relax. I know Bracer will be(or could be) a very good player. But I'm just saying that I'd rather talk Jets and the players WE HAVE on theganggreen.com than any other team, most especially the Pats. :pats_suck:

16. xxedge72x

So you're saying this side discussion is interference with your ability to talk Jets? Dude, there's lots of threads on here. If you don't like it, don't listen.

17. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

You mean "look", right?

I don't think we will hear anything if we try to listen... :grin:

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Why would anyone take off the Green Glasses today?

19. patsfaninpittsburgh

Actually, I pointed this out. A review of Pats websites would show discussions of football. It's left to other boards to hyper ventilate after a week 1 victory.

Actually here's a question for you, sport. You do you think is more capable of developing a game plan to confuse the opponent's QB on Sunday?

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I bleive Tuck had more sacks last year than the 4 players you mentioned combined last year college and pro's.

Seymour was and is a better pass rusher than any player left on the Pats DLine. You put him in a 4/3 and he probably is a guy getting 11 to 15 sacks a year.