Taking off the green glasses...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Sep 14, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think the main reason they were shutting the run down early was they were stacking the box and completely selling out on the run. Once Schotty started passing the ball on early downs with success they had to loosen up.

Sanchez was magic on 3rd downs.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think he's going to regret the Seymour trade before the season is over. If one of the defensive linemen goes down he has less of a cushion and they have gone down some in the pass, admittedly Seymour being the weak link.

When you start trading your prime time players away to cushion the future you're giving something up today to do that. Seymour is a big something.

All of that said, trading a 31 year old star is something that very few teams manage to do and it often helps the franchise in the long run. It is part of the pattern Belichik has established and so far it has worked for them. It just causes snags and hitches now and then and New England is overdue for one of those.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

My QB history isn't great. Has their been a QB like that on the Jets, even though they weren't a rookie with 16 starts in college and on the road in a hostlie stadium against a team that rarely loses at home??

#63 NDmick, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There has never been a game one rookie QB for the Jets who looked remotely as good as Sanchez did yesterday. Namath and Richard Todd are the other two who had the kind of hype going for them in their rookie seasons and both got the Jets at least as far as the AFC championship game before they were done.

Todd would have been a much better QB if he was not following Namath. He tried to be the myth of Joe Namath for years before he just settled in to being Richard Todd, whose skills were more along the lines of Jim Harbaugh than Joe Namath.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

interesting.

if this play stays consistent, and this team's schedule is as hard as it looks, these games will be awesome to watch if one had a neutral position on the game.

that being the case, i am not neutral.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Being that you're not neutral, the games will be more enjoyable for you than for the neutral viewer or the opposition viewers.

I'm anticipating only about 4 games of disappointment this season. :grin:

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahaha

so far you're 8.33% correct on the season. only 11 more games to go. :up:

8. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

I wouldn't DARE just yet, xxedge. Remember last year? We were 8-3 and had the same thought you had....

Let's see how Sanchez does against the Pats....

9. ........

........ Trolls

I actually think they'll be decent against the run this season. Improving their rush defense has been a priority for the Texans this offseason, and Amobi seems to be improving. It's just impossible to keep the running game in check all day when your defense has to spend so much time on the field. I agree that Sanchez's prowess on 3rd down was a big factor as well. I knew he was coming through in the clutch, but it was still surprising when they showed him as 9/11 on 3rd downs at one point.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that is going to be the true test for this team.

11. ........

........ Trolls

If it comes down to improving our ability to run on the Pats at the expense of a slightly more stout pass rush, I'll take that trade off any day of the week.

12. xxedge72x

Last year is irrelevant. The Jets rose because of talent, and disintegrated because of coaching.

This isn't the Mangini Jets. We now play to win. Even if we only finish 9-7 this season, it'll be a much better harder fought 9-7 than the one we had last year.

13. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

guiness, I really don't care much about how we do on offense(though I foresee Sanchez throwing for 2 TDs this time and Thomas Jones & Neon-Leon with 2 Rushing TDs apiece).....I JUST WANT TO SEE OUR DEFENSE *FINALLY* START SLAMMING BRADY-RETARD THROUGH THE TURF!!! :metal::metal::metal:

14. JetsGod

JetsGod Banned

Actually, Favre's bicep tendon "disintegrated", too. I think that played a major part in how they committed a massive FAIL as a team last year.

15. xxedge72x

You're right to a degree... but put in context... knowing that Favre was hurt, why did the Jets then proceed to throw 40 times a game while we had the AFC's leading rusher on the roster?

Coaching.

16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Agree with that. I will happily admit I am going over the top and thoroughly enjoying the win. As Sanchez gets more playing time, and the D gets Ellis and Pace back, we are going to get better! Love it. The way Jenks tossed their centre aside was so funny,as well.

What a way to start. Thanks Jets:jets:

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

If Sanchez get the time he had against the Texans , then Sports center will have an entire segment in relation to them giving away seymour.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Bills are probably fielding one of the worst OL in the league. The Pats probably don't miss him this week. When you take away one of the top Defensive lineman in the league out of your lineup it weakens the entire D. Hard to believe that BB would trade him if he really felt the Pats were a SB team this year.

This deal has me thinking the Pats are rebuilding and maybe Brady isn't 100%?

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've seen a lot of talk about the idea of the Pats switching defensive schemes to a 4-3. In that scenario, the Burgess trade makes Seymour expendable. Not sure how much merit there is to the idea, but it would make sense.

I don't think Belichick would ever wholesale rebuild that team. He's too egotistical to give a season away.

20. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

A game is 4 qtrs, not a half not the 1st qtr... Fatigue / endurance are a huge part of the game. Our run game wast stuffed 3 qtrs but in the 4th we got it going and it sealed the game for us. That's how it goes, you wear a team down, the most physical determined team will win at the end and that was us.

It showed tons that we bounced right back, especially Sanchez, after the INT / fumble TD return.

Our team DOMINATED the Texans and we got a much deserved comfortable victory from it.

Every QB is going to throw a pass that is tipped at the LOS and some are picked and some are not and that's just the way it goes. We can't sit there and ponder the what IFs. Passes are going to be tipped at the line, there's nothign anyone can do about that, it's going to happen, you can't game plan for it or against it.