Taking off the green glasses...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Sep 14, 2009.

1. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I think most wouold argue the Pats are the best team we will face this year. I'm pretty sure anyone who says 12-4 has at least one loss the new engleand in the 4. If we can beat NE I would up my prediction to between 13-3 or 16-0

On the other hand we have 1 win and people start talking championship. It was less than a week ago people on this board were saying we might go 0-5.

My favorite thing in all this is we dominate the Texans and now all the "experts" are saying the Texans were over rated. I have a feeling we are going to be facing a lot more "overated" teams before the Jets start getting any respect.

2. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Yeah, its such BS, every post game show i watched everyone was like, " the texans are just an awful football team, or they need to find an identity."
    I was like, dude a week ago people were saying this team is the surprise team this year.

3. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

To the OP.

Run game started slow because they were all geared up to beat us defending against our run. This left things open for Sanchez to exploit in the air. This would have never happened under Mangini. We would have stubbornly kept attempting to run.

The real winner last night was R. Ryan. The defense was way better than expected. I always thought our secondary wasn't that bad last year, the opponents just had too much time to throw. yesterday the Texans had no time to throw and any downs. period.

As far as luck. They got plenty of luck too:
    1. Int -> fumble -> TD, that was pretty lucky. should have just been a menaing less int near midfield
    2. Revis slip and missed int. Don't remeber when it was, but schaub was hurried and thew up a terrible pass and it looked to me like revis slipped cutting back at the ball and just missed the int.
    3. Harris (I think it was Harris) going for the ball instead of the body on what should have been a punishing sack. He jsut missed, this was all luck because Shuab couldn't see him, so it certainly wasn't skill that he moved his arm out of the way.

I'm sure there were other lucky moments for them.

Leave it to a jets fan to think we didn't deserve a win where we had the most dominating performance on both sides of the ball in the league yesterday.

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Number 3 was Bryan Thomas. Went for the slap strip but whiffed and Schaub got a 7-yard gain on the play when he should have been sacked. I believe that was on the drive when Slaton fumbled. Great hit by that kid Strickland.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Could not have said it better. Great response. That was B. Thomas that went for the ball and missed it. BTW, good teams make their luck. I can not count how many times NE gets those kind of brakes. I guess to some Jets fans when other teams get the brakes is because of skill...and for us is luck. Hogwash I say. We deserved every inch of that win and Houston is a very good team.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Agreed. We're not surprising anybody next week. The Pats D will surely come up with schemes to throw Sanchez off. A lot will depend upon how well he adjusts. Damn, it was a fun game to watch.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The one thing they will see on film that is very tough to defend is his ability to back up quickly and plant along with his ability to throw on the move. He has very quick feet.

Sanchez will carry our O, not saying they wont hold our O down. I'm much more interested in what the Pats do to break our D down and how our D holds up to it.

8. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

What, you mean we're not going 16-0? Damn.

I fully expect that the 'kid' will have a couple of rookie games, but for now, I'm going to really enjoy this one.

I'm sure we can pick the team apart another week.

9. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Jets controlled the clock for 39 minutes.

Only stat i really need to see. Its like the Titans game last year. Domination.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

oh man the koolaid tastes pretty sweet this morning.....

seriously though - thinking ryan left a few defensive tricks in his bag as well.

lets hope the bills give em a tough one tonight.

jil

11. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Not picking the team apart just staying realistic. Thought D was awesome yesterday just concerned at how this team will keep it up the more film becomes available

12. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Yeah, I knew I'd get taken teh wrong way. I quoted you but didn't mean to direct it all at you.

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

This week proved that we are a team to be taken seriously. Next week will prove whether we are good or really good. If we can pick up a win against the Patsies with a healthy Brady, then we can start talking playoffs. I'm pumped about this win, it was a dominating win. I'm most excited that we didn't just get a lead and hang on trying not to lose. We got the lead and kept trying to get a bigger one.

14. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

No worries guy.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I think the consensus is this was great , but we are all waiting to see what he does against the Patriots. We all know they will be throwing the kitchen sink at him and it will be the tell tale game , as to what can be expected for the rest of the year. It will also show whether our coaching staff is prone to curling up into a ball , when adversity is faced , which Belicheck can provide no matter who his players are.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Take off the Green glasses???? Are you crazy? I'm getting in my car right now to go BUY some Green glasses. My old ones cracked along with Favre's biceps tendon.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I thought the Pats traded the Kitchen sink to the Raiders?

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Not sure what the point of this trhead is. Predicting season records is a pointless exercise. Stating that there is some amount of good fortune involved in winning football games is stating the obvious. The performance by the Jets yesterday was domination on the road as underdogs against a team that was supposed to be better than the Jets. Great win. Most of all it was the result of hard work and execution, not luck. What this portends for the rest of the season is nothing. The Jets could go 1-15. Last game is now meaningless. Move on, work to improve and get ready for the next game.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Yes, it was frustrating not to see bigger gains on the ground in the first half, but in the end, our offense did exactly what it was supposed to and kept the Houston defense on the field. With a power running game and dominant defense, patience is often the key. Soften the opposing defense up in the first half and look to dominate in the 2nd. Baltimore last season won because it became more dominant as the game wore on.

That's also why I was so glad to see the distribution of carries was so even. It allowed TJ to remain fresh and pound on that D when it was tired. We're going to see a lot of games this season in which, if we keep it close in the 1st half or build up a slight lead, we come out and dominate after halftime.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I think part of the reason the running was so bad in the first half was because the Texans were stacking 8 and sometimes 9 in the box. There was absolutely no room to run whatsoever and they basically dared the rookie to go out and get it done.

Lucky for us, the rookie was up to the challenge. It was also good to see that the Jets were able to consistently rely on the passing game to come through clutch on 3rd downs... that alone won us the game on offense.