Straight up Rant....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i may or may not be one of those you are referring to mezz. i respect your opinion completely and do think what you said needed to be said. sometimes we all have to step back out of the bs and think about it for a second.

that said, i dont really know what is going to happen to the team this year, however i am disgusted with the way the organization now does things simply because it creates headlines or a buzz. it started with favre, it continued with holmes and burress the aso mess last year.

the scary thing is it appears they are onto something with this one, they dont care that the fans are not real fans and wont be around in 4 years... they are happy as pigs in shit that there is this much buzz and this many more people fawning over the green and white.

and yes, there will be no trip to cortland for me this year, i dont have any interest in getting involved in that hot mess. i wish you luck guy who said he would have to get there early... i couldnt imagine what it will be like...

that said i like tebow, i think he will do some good things for the team. i just dont like the thought process of the organization. i dont believe for a second that this was a football move, i dont believe ANYTHING that any of them says at this point... and probably never will... and thats a shame to me.

2. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Amazing fukin post. Im with ya brotha

3. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I'm not sold on this Teblow BS. I've heard comments about Teblow from Cromartie and Sanchez. I dont care what Sanchez says I firmly believe he doesn't want Teblow there. Put yourself in his shoes, would you really want him there? Its not like he is going to come out and say it.

What about the other 50 players? What % of them dont want that attention whore on the team?

The only thing that will help is if they win right out of the gate. If they start out 0-2, 1-3 they will be a national joke. If 2 QB's can co-exist on the same team like the Jets think can be done than a lot more teams would be doing it.

I hope they can win but right now I dont see it happening.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Well put, I Agree.

People are whiny little bitches. I've said it once I'll say it again.

If your so pissed at this team, Go root for the Giants and STFU.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

How can this upcoming season be a disaster? WE NO LONGER HAVE BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER!

Every waking day I celebrate Jan.10th.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I think a lot of these Tebow haters are not realizing. Yes Tebow sucks as a drop back passer but he is a fucking beast at running the ball. U will never see Tebow as the Jets starting QB for long term. If any of you people that claim they know football would see that.

7. jet setter

jet setter New Member

You should all leave/quit. I want the stadium to myself.

8. LWC611

LWC611 Member

This.... I have told my buddies since Tebow is a Jet I will be rooting for him to succeed.

However, I do think he is getting way to much press. If he is a back up QB then the Jets should be treating him like one. The actions and the words, are not consistent. Drew Stanton was a back up QB and his pick up was little more that a line in the transactions section of the Sports section of the paper. Tebow had a 32 Minute press conference. What back-up QB gets a press conference let alone one that was over a half an hour. The Jets need to reconcile what they are saying with what they are doing.

9. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

no matter who is on the team I will support the side as much as I can. We have been through enough truly crappy seasons for last year to be considered an out an out disaster. No team has the right to win!

Things have changed, coaches have changed! players have gone, new players will come in. Its the ebb and flow of sport.

Over the years i have learnt one thing. And that is to learn to detach myself from a result within an hour or so. I dont let my emotions overrun me to get me down. That way I can say to myself "well its only a game, not life and death" its the only way I have survived supporting so many sides that continually kick me in the nuts and find ways to screw even the most promising situations right up the wall.

10. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i am not sure why we keep saying we need another RB? Shonn Greene avg 4.2 ypc while splitting the backfield w/ LT. Why are people doubting that he can't have a similar year while sharing the backfield w/ mcknight/tebow?

am i the only one who thinks we dont need a rb?

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It's his durability in a run heavy offense that's troubling to most of us.

12. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Do you seriously think there is any Pats fan out there who thinks LOSING in the AFCCG is some sort of significant accomplishment?

13. Cman68

Welcome to JetLand!! You're gonna fit in just fine here.. :grin:

14. RevisIsland18

he got hurt last year, did that happen the year b4 as well? i dont recall...if not then it could be a "one time" thing..

15. nyj62

nyj62 New Member

agree with op. They were 8 and 8 . Giants were 9 and 7. holy crap we stink. if mangold dont get hurt or one play here or there goes either way we could have been 9 and 7 or 10 and 6 . same goes for our two seasons before one play either way and we dont make the playoffs.if we did not have brad smith returning kicks in some of those games we lose and dont even make the playoffs. I have been a fan a long time and since rex came here we are looked at as a contender, that is allot better then being a joke. There were years we could not even compete with a college team. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

The best part of it all is that without having a single practice or draft or anything people are down on Tebow and its a stupid move by the Jets .... But last year they rode Tebowmania into the ground. When we are winning games this year they will ride the Jets and claim they had faith etc

17. RevisIsland18

agreed 100% - 2 plays in my mind stick out that changed our season

1) not being able to tackle (tebow or decker) at the 1 yd line
    2) giving up the 99 yd td to cruz

if those two plays go our way, we would be in the playoffs.

18. Cman68

I believe his ribs or ankle or something was out of kilter in '10. His running style lends itself to take repeated heavy hits. He hasn't been 16games healthy since he got here. I could be wrong but I don't think so. That's why they always like to "save" Green for the late season.

19. RevisIsland18

understood...from that perspective i can understand us need a "safety" net for a running back, but mcknight/bilal still need their shot to prove themselves b4 we make any splashes at RB....my 2cents

20. Cman68

Anytime time I hear the word "splash" associated with the Jets, I cringe. Especially after this last "splash".