So, which JET impressed you vs. the Bills?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSimpala, Sep 24, 2006.

1. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Leon Washington

2. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

There are a lot of candidates but D'Brick and Mangold and Ben Graham are my unsung heros.

3. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Rhodes stood out, he is definitely looking like a pro bowler.

I was impressed with Washington and Houston. I think next week we need to go with these two as our backs next week.

Our pass blocking was superb. Smith needs to be used more, and not as a decoy.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Rhode's definately but Drew Coleman had an outstanding few plays but how could Bobby Hamilton not get a mention after his huge play. He had the play of the day IMO.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chad, Coles, Washington, D'Brick, Vilma, Rhodes, Moore (again), Coleman, Barrett (starting to grow on me now that he has 3 good guys back there with him) all had excellent efforts.

The player of the game though was Graham. He's what Parcells used to call a weapon.

You can give up 475 yards and still win a game when the punter keeps making the other team start on their 12 yard line.

#25 Br4d, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  6. 1028

1028 Active Member

I forgot about Barrett. Hes been making some nice plays these past few weeks. He may suck in coverage, but at least hes somewhat been compensating for his mistakes by being a playmaker

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Pennington. He is cool under pressure and he calls good audibles. he also keeps the team calm by his demeanor.

8. canuckgreenandwhite

canuckgreenandwhite New Member

Chad was still impressive, so was Rhodes.....Barlows gotta go, the guys a stiff.....just like in frisco.

9. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Mangini, Mangold, D'Brick, Rhodes, & Chad Pennington. :jets:

10. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

I think kerry rhodes good topic but dont taake my neon leon washington phrase

11. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

The entire Defense....:beer:

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hobson not getting enoguh love here. He was huge today.

13. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

In addition to what everyone has said, the running game in general did give me some hope as to what they will do over the rest of the season. I really think that Houston could be somewhat of a valuable option in the offense, and Neon Leon looks like he's going to be a playmaker. I would like to see more of Brad Smith though...

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I forgot about Ben Graham! He was great today. A lot of his punts were 45+. That's amazing especially battling the wind.

15. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Ben Graham was sensational today. Leon Washington and Cedric Houston need the chance to show what they can do. We forget, the Bills run defense aren't slouches, they have a damn good defense so for our offense in adverse conditions to go in there and hang some points really gives me reason for optimism. Bobby Hamilton came up huge today, Rhodes looks like a Pro Bowler, Cotchery is making a case around the league that he's a legit number 2 receiver and Vilma never ceases to amaze me with his athleticism. One play he wasn't even covering Lee Evans and got him immediately from behind he just has a nose for the ball.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Rhodes never stops surprising me, although I din't think he'll ever be a great cover safety. However his playmaking ability more than makes up for it. He is becoming known for making these game-changing plays. I remember reading that Parcells called Bradway on the day lf the draft last year congratulating Bradway on the steal of Rhodes.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Rhodes is an obvious choice.

As for RB, I think it's time Houston got the chance to be the starter on first and second down and Washington showed that he should be the third down back while Barlow and Blaylock grab some pine.

As for WR, Cotchery made some impressive grabs today.

The pass blocking was excellent today.

As for the defense, it gave up a ton of yards. I can't say that anyone besides Rhodes played well. The turnovers were the key to the game.

That being said, while Pennington did not light it up, he did his job on a day when many, including me, thought he would struggle. With the Bills pass rush and 20-30 mph wind, I thought the passing game was toast. Instead, he managed the game, made a few big plays, and avoided mistakes. The three Bills turnovers were the difference today.

As for Vilma, I thought he had his worst game as a Jet. The pass interference call in the third quarter when the Bills were backed up and down by 11 was inexcusable. The horse collar didn't help either. And he almost blew recovering that first fumble. For a smart player, he is making uncharacteristic mental mistakes this year. Recovering that blocked FG last week is another example of not using his head.

Still no pass rush, other than Rhodes on the blitz. How else do explain JP Loseman throwing for 300 + yards????

18. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Anyone else think Barrett is becoming a very good Nickel-back?

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

While our pass rush really sucks, our run defense is even more of a liability against tough backs. If the Bills were coached by someone other than Jauron, I think McGahee could have rushed for 250 yards and a couple of TDs today. No reason why they should have abandoned the things that made the Bills competitive the past 2 weeks.

#39 abyzmul, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005