So how do you feel about the current MNF Announce crew?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

[​IMG]

2. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

I think when Rex retires he will make the best color guy ever.

and OT Hack Go NOVA FB game on espn 12 noon sat
    Go Nova BB

3. GodDamnedSnack

They are about 500x better than the Thursday Night Football crew, so I don't mind them

4. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I agree. But all announcers are more tolerable when we win.

5. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Can't stand Chris Collinsworth. Anyone else?

6. GreenMachine

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...eviews-the-Jets-Patriots-Monda?urn=nfl-292380
    Fake Jon Gruden previews the Jets-Patriots Monday night game
    By Chris Chase

Hoo boy, we've got a special one for ya tonight from New England. The New York Jets. The New England Patriots. It's the National Football League at its finest.

Mark Sanchez(notes): You talk about gutty quarterbacks named Mark Sanchez and the first thing that comes to mind is this gutty young quarterback for the New York Jets. I mean, they call this guy The Sanchize! I love this kid. What a competitor. Whenever there's crunch time, The Sanchize takes a big bite out of it.

Tom Brady(notes): This guy's a star with a capital "S." Super Bowls, MVPs, high-profile marriages, out-of-wedlock children -- Tom Brady has done it all. Yet, you know what, Jaws? He keeps fightin'! He's always hungry! That's why I love this guy! He may get some heat from that mop of his, but I bet all of us would trade our hair for his. Am I right, Mike? (The camera zooms out to reveal Gruden has put on a Tom Brady wig.)

Danny Woodhead(notes): What can I say about this little guy. (Gruden begins to hyperventilate.) He's got Secretariat's heart in an Oompa Loompa body. The fire! The moxie! Boy, Bill Belichick can sure pick 'em, can't he, Jaws? I mean, this guy went to Chadron State! I can't even spell that! But, oh, when he gets goin', it's like bringin' down a Mack truck. BOOM!

Rex Ryan: I'll tell ya, this guy is a 100 percent character. When we met with him on Friday, Rex Ryan comes in laughin' and jokin' like he's preparin' for a scrimmage against Chadron State! Nothin' bothers this guy. He has his defense playin' at a high level too, lemme tell ya. The brand of defense this team plays is what I call putting speed on power.

Darrelle Revis(notes): I don't think a lot of people know this, but Darrelle Revis may be the best player in the National Football League. The term Shutdown Corner may have been invented because of this guy. They don't throw to him! Hoo boy, that New York Jets sideline won't be cold tonight, because Revis will be bringing the heat.

7. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Gruden is one of my most hated commentators of all time. Yes, he knows his stuff. But he also thinks every single player is either an All-Pro talent or going to be one. He doesn't know how to speak negatively about anyone.

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I hope it's better than these idiots on Sportscenter. This idiot has went on rambling and explaining his pun of calling us the Jests like he is clever or something for about 5 minutes.

9. 624

624 Banned

I watched that too.

Steve Young made 0 sense

10. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

If it's an eventful game, I think they're fantastic. Gruden and Jaws both know their shit inside and out and explain everything very well.

If the game is a dud, I can't stand them. That Chucky-Jaws dynamic gets old quickly.

I think Jaws should be a staple of MNF for some time. Gruden should get back into coaching. Tirico could be upgraded, but I'm never too critical of the play-by-play man.

11. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Young sucks as a commentator.

12. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

Gruden made Tom Brady and the Patriots sound like the Pitts. Penguins and Cindy Crosby of the NHL. I get it, Brady is great, but honestly the guy doesn't throw the ball more then 5 yards, his receivers have an insane YAC Avg. which really helps the QB's numbers look great.

Something that probably not many people caught, but really caught my eye because I'm def. superstitious. The play on the 12 Yard line, right before the snap Gruden goes, Sanchez has yet to throw a pick, boom, pick. Just another thing to add to what went wrong that night haha. Thank god it's almost time for the next game.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

This is all I hear:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7_iNIgGjc[/youtube]

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I like Gruden and Jaws but wish Mike Patrick was doing the play by play.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Is Bob Pappa so hideous looking that he can't get a job in front of the camera doing play by play? He's really one of the best, hands down.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You mean the guy who does play by play for the NFL network Thursday night games? He sucks on the NFL network, couldn't tell you about the radio.

17. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

Gruden made me sick with his never ending praising of Belicheat and Brady. I turned down the sound after Tirico's SOJ comment after the 3rd period.

18. even_flow

even_flow New Member

You're joking........right??? Even the most avid Jets fan has to at the very least give Brady props.

19. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

Avid Jets fans NEVER give Brady props. F*CK Brady.

20. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

100% agree. To me, most announcers suck. I usually watch every Jets game with the sound off. As bad as Matt Muillen was as a GM, I think he does an excellent job as an analyst, very insightful.