Simply pathetic officiating

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Every NY media member should be calling representatives from the NFL to come on their show and explain how this wasn't holding ...

The WWF is less fixed than tonight's game.

EDIT: No idea why the twitter post I embedded won't show.

#61 Unhappyjetsfan, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Why take the high road on this? I mean, I get it, but it's counterintuitive here.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  3. jetophile

All the cult weirdos are so happy for Taylor and her boyfriend!

4. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

I just rewatched the replays. The flag on the interception play came so late. If they're calling holding on Sauce as they're coming off the line, why wait until after the ball is in our hands to throw the flag?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We all know why... ;)

Borat and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

ya - sauce called them out, it was great!

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  7. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Sauce is great!

He said all game the KC Receiver was pushing off him and no calls in his favor, but then that last play somehow he gets called. But it was like in basketball when you take a layup, see you miss the shot, then yell "Foul!". Since the ref didn't throw the flag until Michael Carter picked it off

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  8. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

What is with these officials relatives getting ref jobs?

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Just watched the play where Mahomes picked up a 3rd & 22 with his legs. (6:14 of 4th qtr.)

The hold on Jermaine Johnson was ridiculous... JJ was waving to the ref WHILE he was being held!

edit: Mosely was called for illegal contact... but it was after the hold and it looked like a bullshit call.

#69 Acad23, Oct 2, 2023
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The hope is that KC makes the play without the help so that the flag doesn't actually have to be thrown.

HomeoftheJets and GoldenShowers like this.
  11. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    NFL's New commish

REVISion likes this.
  12. jetophile

I'm glad I sail the high seas for games because having the ability to re-watch the robbery would only make me feel worse about the crime.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but its really suspicious.. Is there a logical explanation for the timing of the flag on Sauce I'm missing?

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#74 Unhappyjetsfan, Oct 2, 2023
  15. jetophile

If that ever happens to the Jets everyone else in the league would be showing up at Goodell's house with torches and pitchforks that this corruption must be stopped. It's gotten to the point where I have this vague feeling that I'm somehow being manipulated every time I turn on a game depending on the match up. More like the result is somehow being manipulated. Both.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We all know what the explanation is. Same one as for JFM roughing the passer last year on Mac Jones pick 6. Refs took this one from us. Or at least they took the opportunity to win or tie the game.

Jets81 likes this.
  17. jetophile

Him and his annoying brother and godawful wife. I'll never get over the fact that she openly said over the champagne spraying incident why am I being attacked, I should be able to do what I want. Uh, what? Then she started some ridiculous anti-bullying campaign (more attention whoring) about online harassment (because she should be able to do what she wants, primarily, spraying champagne on all the peons literally and figuratively below her) and had a bunch of t-shirts printed out that this type of behavior blah blah. No-one even said anything mean to her ffs, just that she should get off her high horse. She took that as bullying and she must bring awareness to the injustice perpetrated on the likes of people who feel they should be able to do what they want.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. jetophile

He does gamble when he shouldn't. He definitely needs to play smarter there and with some restraint. He doesn't play for the Cheats or a team that's going to get the benefit of favoritism.

On the other side of the ball, speaking of the Cheats, the team I love to crap on . . . Gronkcheatski pushed off relentlessly his entire career and got flagged, er, um, maybe never. If he was on the Jets he probably would've wound up working for Home Depot.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The holds lasted 5-7 seconds. It was blatant. It's not like they got held for 1-2 seconds and then the OL let go.

It was absolutely blatant and had Mahones held the ball for 30 seconds and had Huff/JJ been held for 30 seconds the refs were STILL not throwing a flag.

Oh yeah, the old "I missed it" or "let them play" stuff doesn't apply. They called a ticky-tack call in the secondary away from the ball...late !! And they didn't miss the OL holds....they lasted long enough and they were right in the line of sight to the QB Mahomes.

Clearly, DraftKings and FanDuel needed a desired outcome and Roger "PSL's Are Good Investments" Goodell obliged.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Don't forget the bogus roughing the passer call a few years ago on one of our guys (forgot his name) when after the play was over he gave Tom Brady a nudge and Brady backpedaled about as much a a 300 pound lineman when pushed by a toddler. The refs threw a flag.