Should the Jets cheat too?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 10, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Lmao Brady was a shitty college QB who couldn’t win the starting job, and was benched after finally getting a shot (causing his fragile ego to require sports psychologist visits),

He was considered barely draffable for a reason.
    If drafted to any HC other than Belichick with the benefit of systematic cheating he’d be a never was.

Fuck Tom Brady’s overrated cheating legacy!

cval likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

What are talking about? Brady wasn't shitty in college he was really good his senior year. 4 touchdown passes in the Orange Bowl to comeback 14 points and beat #5 Ranked Alabama

Brady is Belichick's winning lottery ticket

3. He had acouple good games but was mostly average.

Watched him alot as an MSU fan & my best friend is a Michigan fan who will tell you the same thing. He was no better than Scott Dreisbach in terms of all time michigan QBs

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yep on par with Dreisbach and a step below Griese.
    Wasn’t he even benched for Hanson?
    Guy was lucky to see the field at all in Michigan.
    He owes everything to Belichick, a perfect situation, and the benefit of systematic cheating.
    If drafted in Cleveland he’d be Couch.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He owes everything to Belichick, a perfect situation, and the benefit of systematic cheating.
    If drafted in Cleveland he’d be Couch.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Mo Lewis... :confused:

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Don't agree. He would have eventually gotten a shot and won. Kurt Warner, who in my opinion was absolutely great, was underrated from a small school and was cut after being invited to the Packers training camp his first year.

Brady may well have been a late bloomer and it's pretty clear the sports psychology, diet and personal training regime he has followed is part of an insanely competitive nature that is clearly one of the obvious things that separates him from other really good QB's. Brady would have forced his way in at some point and thrived.

The guy may be a lot of things but there is absolutely no doubt he is one of the greatest QB's in NFL history and in the argument for the GOAT. No question BB attention to detail including getting an edge any way possible had a positive influence on Brady depending on your POV. You simply can't ignore the guys work ethic, intensity and accuracy in pressure situations.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You forgot Mo Lewis... :confused:

[/QUOTE]

That hs a certain amount of irony to it really, fucking typical Jets. :(

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

That average career is a stat that is outrageously over used. The reason the average career is so low is due to so many 6th and 7th rounders that last 1 season or even less, not to mention UDFAs.
    All you have to do is look at some other stats to see how that 1st stat means nothing. Start with this, average career of a player that makes teams opening day roster in rookie season 6 years, almost double that 3.3 years. That 3.3 years was also from a study done in the mid 90's covering back to the mid 80's, a time when they had 12 rounds to the draft.
    Average 1st round pick is 10 years, 2nd round is around 7 years, and even a 6th rounder averages close to 4 years. 7th rounder is the only one that is close to 3.3 years but even they are over that at 3.4 years.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's interesting I like the stats and I think you're right.

NFL players really get screwed on contracts thought. Players 40-53 are making peanuts for the risk and cuttable at all times.

They really need to expand the rosters though. With all the revenues these douchebag owners and executives make at the top, it'd really increase the quality of the sport if teams could carry developmental players.

Of course the players association needs to cooperate and let teams work with said players deeper than the cupcake training camp practices, if they ever want to develop things for the bottom of the rosters.

10. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I agree to an extent... i think 53 man roster is enough but maybe expand practice squads. Or another alternative would be a developmental league. Like what soccer and baseball do. The problem with that would be losing years for younger players. Its been attempted but not with full support from NFL. But there should be some kinda of way to develop young talent that maybe isn't quite ready for the NFL after college.

11. Its time for a full fledged developmental league.

ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  12. J-Raw24

Each team could have a developmental team. Same rules as practice squad. Teams can sign from developmental league only if the player goes to active roster. Maybe make some compensation, nothing big. You can use your developmental team to practice against.

13. I just think w all the restrictions on the cba resulting in lack of roster depth combined w the fact there truly IS a deeper talent pool than in the past(just more raw undeveloped talent) it makes an awful lot of sense.

Fans will complain about the level of competition but league should pay no mind.Its the same deal as NHL/AHL or MLB/4 lower levels.And many football nerds like myself would eat it right up.

The jets had a “minor league” team in the 60s/70s called the Orbits which was based out of Waterbury & later Bridgeport CT. Its a timeframe that fascinates me. As a CT Jet fan its something I hold sacred & i can dream of its far fetched return since the Whalers are never coming back!

14. J-Raw24

Unfortunately I still live to far away to catch many games live . But I would absolutely follow it and think it would be an amazing idea.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That hs a certain amount of irony to it really, fucking typical Jets. :([/QUOTE]

You somehow managed to misquote me and plagiarize me in the same post!

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .As previously said, "in spite of Lloyd Carr" whom Brady bailed out time after time, e.g. the previously cited Michigan-Bama OB: watch & learn.

. ."Shitty QB." Atta boy.

17. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah but unfortunately Brady and Belichick have six Super Bowls there!

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You somehow managed to misquote me and plagiarize me in the same post![/QUOTE]

I took it as Lewis smashed Bledsoe and got Brady into the cheats 1st team quicker.

So typical jets to damage themselves in the long run.
    Sorry if that was not your intent.
    Oh and I made a tiny mess with the quote button, hardly life altering really though.

Plagiarized ffs :rolleyes:

Acad23 likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's all good...

K'OB likes this.