Serious question...How can the Jets beat the Steelers week 2?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

So is thread gonna become a common thing for every week?

2. JerseyFrasca

JerseyFrasca New Member

It may already have been mentioned, but IMO, the jets win if they win the turnover battle, and finish their tackles.

3. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

While this theory sounds absolutely crazy at first, many forget the apparent trend among last year, and apparently among those teams who tried this theory, all twelve of them made the playoffs.

I might dare say...this strategy might be crazy enough to work.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Short answer,

By continuing to get the ball out of Marks hands quickly.

Check the analysis, on the thread from Buffalo, The All22.

Sparano seems to get what I've been saying during Schottys tenure, G&P isn't first quarter philosophy. Parcells played it to take the air out of the ball after getting ahead.

Last weeks game plan, will be good enough, with a little more Tebow.

It's already in Tomlins head frm the articles I've read. He expects more, than they've shown...he should, so how much coaching time are they spending....and the Jets are not going back to the Denver playoffs win, so that's an interesting coaching chess match..
    Can't Wait.

5. Hobbes3259

No. Once e eryone sees how good an above average without Schitty can be with this defense, the question will reverse..l

6. Hobbes3259

Good Jets should get to 27 without too much teunle

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You mean in regulation time, right? Just want to be clear about "your plan" :breakdance:

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Bradway's post was on the money.

I want to add that I think the real emphasis this week will be on the performance of the defense rather than the offense. Where the offense controlled the game last week with the help of the defense, I believe to beat the Steelers the Jets defense needs to control the game with the help of the offense.

One factor with the Steelers is that they tend to shell shock teams with their aggressive hard hitting nature. They are not a common team in this regard and especially coming off playing the Bills this will sober the Jets up real fast. The Jets are built to go toe to toe with them which is why I think the key is to not have any major breakdowns on the defensive side of the ball. If the Steelers are converting third downs and taking out huge chunks from the defense then its going to be a slow death for the Jets.

I believe the offense has the capability to put up enough points to win if they continue to build on what they did last week. Somehow I expect we'll get more Tebow this week than last week. Ultimately I expect this game to be decided by less than 10 points and the winning team not to put up more than 24.

It's going to be a good game. Don't underestimate the Steelers... they may be damaged goods right now but then you can compare them to a cornered animal... the fear of failure is there and the Jets need to avoid getting steamrolled by a team in a pressure cooker.

EDIT: Also want to add that this is a week 2 "must win" game for the Jets. If the Jets lose this game we'll be lamenting it at the end of the season.

9. Bill Belidouche

I have no doubts we got this... Rex Ryan will figure out a way to beat them.

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I agree with this. The Steelers aren't winning the north so they will be a wild card team. Head to Head tie breaker could be huge at the end of the season. The Texans will win the South and the 49ers are NFC...but the Steelers aren't a team we will battle for that playoff spot. Win this game and worst case they are 3-2 after 5.

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Atmophere and motivation are the biggest things to overcome on Sunday. I think our roster matches up with theirs quite well.

Ben is gonna be a prick when it comes to keeping plays alive and turning nothing into something. That might happen decently often if our pass rush isn't great, but our coverage is.

Assuming Revis plays, which he will, he more or less shuts down the multi-threat Brown, while Cromartie does what he does best, run with burners, Mike Wallace. This is how it should be, anyway.

Emmanuel Sanders vs Kyle Wilson will be a key matchup.

Heath Miller is not a particularly athletic TE and shouldn't abuse us like they do. Mendenhall is likely still out, or will be running cautiously in his return. Johnathan Dwyer and Issac Redman do not scare me.

---

As for when the Jets are on offense, we SHOULD be able to score points. No matter who plays or doesn't play, they're gonna be tough to run on. Setting the tone with ground and pound is gonna be rough. I imagine trying to chomp away with 5-8 yard three step drop throws with churning steady 3-5 yard carries is the formula to keep the chains and clock moving. The health of Polamalu will obviously play a big role in some of our choices.

Seems to me like this is a game of whoever does the little things better will win. Win the turnover battle, try to control field position.

This game has 17-13 written all over it for me. Ben will give you a couple mistakes. If we don't make any and aren't completely useless on offense, we should squeak this one out.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Mendenhall had a full practice yesterday so I expect he will be out there on Sunday. Troy and Harrison DNP. Troy will probably play but if the Steelers are without their best LB it will be big for us. Also I really want to see Pouha back in this one. Our corners assuming Revis plays can handle their WRs but we really need to stop their run game so we can drop more back in coverage to take out the middle and only have to rush 4 or 5. I want to see Coples, Wilk, and Maybin have a good game getting to Ben. Also if they do get to him make sure you wrap him up and take him down. He's not an easy guy to tackle.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

We have a pass rush. They have a beat up O line.

Jets 31
    Stealers 17

14. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

That sounds about right.......

15. Mono Araña

Mono Araña New Member

We definitely need to finish when we are getting after the QB. We got close to Fitz a number of times, and as a big, strong, relatively quick QB he was able to skirt away. But Fitzpatrick is not able to execute and throw accurately the way Roethlisberger is when he is under duress. If we don't put Ben on the turf, he is going to make those back-breaking plays he is so well known for.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

To win we're going to need a much bigger game from our pass rushers. I'm anticipating Coples getting his first sack, maybe even two sacks. If not sacks then at least some extra pressure forcing some throw aways or bad decisions by Ben.

I feel if we can play even moderately competent on offense and force a couple of turnovers on defense then we can win. I say can win because, honestly, I don't think we will win but I wouldn't say we have no chance at winning like some people (mostly the media) keep saying.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

In another interview, Woodley complained that Austin Howard got away with Illegal Hands to the Face the entire game, which is why he was unable to pressure Sanchez once.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Seems to me like this is a game of whoever does the little things better will win. Win the turnover battle, try to control field position.

This game has 17-13 written all over it for me. Ben will give you a couple mistakes. If we don't make any and aren't completely useless on offense, we should squeak this one out.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% with your assessment. Special teams will need to play a major role for us as well, both for field position, field goals and turn overs. It will be decided by less than 5 points either way.

19. gonyjets

gonyjets New Member

The Jets have won 3 out of the 4 games against the Steelers, Sanchez has won on the road there, its not like the Jets go there and lay down, I truly believe the Jets go into Pittsburgh and win this one, it won't be easy but look for the Jets to show the run and beat them with the pass

#59 gonyjets, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

What's the deal with Polamalu's calf injury? Any word on his status?