Scott Wright Updated NFLDC Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PinPointPenning10, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...I'm wondering the same thing.

2. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I think Leon Washington would work best as part of a two-headed monster, with a more bruising, inside-the-tackles back. Look at Beanie Wells or Shonn Greene. Hell, even Donald Brown who reminds me a lot of Curtis Martin work more inside-the-tackles than Moreno. He's a great back, but not a great complement to Leon.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Have you ever watched Knowshon Moreno play? He is a tough runner.

The fact that you think Donald Brown is a better power option than Moreno shows you know less than I thought...

4. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Brown isn't a power option, but he does run well between the tackles. He's the kind of back that defenses hate, because he'll make them overcommit and beat them. Moreno is phenomenal in space, and I think he's best running off tackles.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

All I can say is this: watch more Knowshon Moreno. He's shown the ability to wear down defenses...

6. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

What does Thomas Jones have left? 2 years? Is Leon a 3 down back? Nope. Both guys want new contracts yesterday. Jones wanting one is a joke, we not only gave him a nice contract 2 years ago, but also a 2nd rounder for him. Then we overpaid a line so he could run. How good is he with teams playing the safety's up again with Farve gone? Don't overrate TJ and pass on this kid( who by the way is a better pass catcher than TJ ever dreamed of being)

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Moreno is one of the toughest runners I have ever seen. Knowshon's one of those guys that wills his team to win - he can carry a team on his back.

For you to say he's better off-tackle makes little sense to me - Moreno has excellent leg drive and fights for extra yards. I don't know why you think he can't run between the tackles.

This kid's a complete back - he can run (inside and out), catch, block, and carry a team.

What else could you ask for in a back?

If Moreno falls to 17 and the Jets don't draft him, heads will spin...

I haven't been talking about him much on here because I never really thought the Jets had a chance in hell to land this kid.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Moreno could be a good one, but he isn't very fast. He should be, but he's not. He is on the smaller side of life too, which makes me wonder how much he would push people around in the NFL. I don't think he will look as tough in the NFL, as he did in college.

I would much rather have, Wells. Power + Speed. His only real knock is this durability issue, which is being abused way to much. He has had nagging injuries but he played through them, and was still very productive. He only missed three games in college, that really isn't a durability concern to me.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Since when is 5'10" and 210 pounds on the small size for a running back in the nfl? No he is not a huge punishing runner, but has more than adequate size, great lateral speed, and very good hands out of the bakc feild on passing plays.

Wells has very good size and speed, but his injury issues may cause some concerns. I for one would take Moreno before him, but not be too upset if wells was taken.

10. IIMeanDeanII

I'm fully aware of his physical stats. He just plays "small" to me. I watch him run and he is physical, but it isn't a dominating physicallity that I get from watching him, it reminds me of someone like our very own, LW. LW is small but is tough enough to break tackles and on occasion, push the pile, but he has to fight for it because of his size. Not a knock on LW, it is just the way it is.

Now.

Moreno reminds me of the same type of runner, that has to fight to move a pile, almost as if he struggles to get those tough yards, when IMO, really shouldn't look like he has to struggle, given his size and all.

His speed is my number one concern though. He isn't that fast at all. 4.6 40 was it? Not very good for a RB, especially if you are the first RB taken.

I like Moreno, I would just rather have, Wells. The bruising back with good speed. Moreno is a better passing option by far though.

I as well would not be throughly upset over either player, if selected.

#30 IIMeanDeanII, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If Wells had been able to stay healthy during his college career, I might agree with you that he'd be a better pick than Moreno. However, that isn't the case and he's a huge injury concern

12. Gunther

Gunther Member

Love Freeman in the first

13. IIMeanDeanII

This excuse gets abused WAY to much. I'm sorry, it's just getting really ridiculous. He only missed three games in his entire college career. That isn't a huge deal, it does happen. He had nagging injuries, yes, but he was still just as productive, if not more, then the other top running backs in college. So it isn't like he was just absolutely terrible throughout college, if he was, he wouldn't be considered a top pick at the RB class in this draft.

He isn't a huge injury concern, he had some bad misfortune with some nagging injuries, but he played through it. He was still productive, and he only missed three total games. It isn't that horrible.

14. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Please let this Freeman talk be a smokescreen, ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think the reason it does is because of the type of back people expect Wells to be. A huge power back with nagging injurys is a concern. We expect a guy like him to run people over as much as go around them. The injury bug is a concern for that type of player.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Moreno's running style. I see him as a true number 1 option with elite all around skills. He runs hard. Not as Physical as Wells , but still a very good indie runner IMO. Also to point to his speed, when he and wells have very similar timed speeds, is not really dertacting much from the debate on the wells side. Wells was a 4.59 at the combine and Moreno a 4.62 according to the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

16. pender30

pender30 Member

From Gil Brandt's chat today:

Andrew, Memphis 01:17 PM ET
    MR BRANDT, I am a big Tyson Jackson fan, where is he going???

Gil Brandt, NFL.com
    Hi Andrew, I think Tysdon Jackson, as I said several weeks ago, will be a top 10 pick. I think he will be an outstanding player in the NFL. And he can play DE in either a 4-3 or a 3-4.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/208

17. IIMeanDeanII

I don't know where I got my information from, but I remember reading that Wells ran surprisingly better than, Moreno. That is not a huge difference, or surprising in the least.

I have been watching more plays of, Moreno. He has incredible instincts and patience out of the backfield. I didn't realize how easily he finds the hole on about every play. I'm more so impressed after watching some more plays.

I like them both, It sure would be awesome to have either of them on the Jets. I would be a very happy Jet fan.