Schefter: Jets to hire Saint's WR Coach John Morton as their OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Jan 29, 2017.

1. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

You're right, he definitely has not helped his image by taking this long. I wasn't referring to you with the argument, it was the other 2, and I thought you joined in. I thought studesville would have taken the spot personally but eh.

I still hope they get a tight end. 3 of the top 4 can catch and block.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rohirrim665 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. David-The-Meats-Harris

1. Never said chip Kelly was my "choice" learn to read. Again, Kelly had success, AND has experience so stick that shit in your pipe.

3. David-The-Meats-Harris

Chip Kelly is God awful but had 2 10-6 records back to back which is twice as many as our current HC lol. Holy hell man

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Then why did you bring him up? Chip is a shitty coach that is a cancerous asshole as evident by his stint with the Eagles. Your idea was absolutely awful and you have no right to bash the OP

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

On a positive note from todays online NY Daily News:

Morton has been the Saints wide receivers coach since 2015 but previously worked under Sean Payton as an offensive assistant/passing game coordinator with New Orleans in 2006. Prior to his latest stint with the Saints, he was the wide receivers coach with the 49ers from 2011-2014 under Jim Harbaugh. Before that, Morton worked at the University of Southern California, as a wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator with a single season as offensive coordinator in 2009.

Guy from USC helps us land Darnold if he is here long enough,,,

Hey did I just read he did some OC at SC ????? There ya go.....better than nuttin

6. David-The-Meats-Harris

2. Who bashed the OP? Again, learn to fucking read. I bashed the Jets choice. There's a difference that's evident when you can read. You're saying Morton can learn something he may know not a terrible amount about but chip can't fix his problems.

7. David-The-Meats-Harris

Yes I'm sure Marshall and decker are both looking forward to their future development. Enunwa maybe. the stick figure Anderson too.

8. 101GangGreen101

I'm good I can read just fine, the person asked you a question and you decided to be a dick about it.

If you mentioned a different coordinator with some sense we wouldn't be having this conversation. Enjoy the hire and see what he can do.

9. David-The-Meats-Harris

You're right to 2 of them I was being a dick. When people say shit like "for the 3rd time tell me" I tend to get dickish. I have a boss already. The 3rd I apologized to, rightly so.

I assumed the dude from Denver would have been the guy. My only criteria was someone that could work around what's looking to be their biggest issues that will likely go unsolved in the off-season through fa or draft. I don't see it with Morton.

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

3 weeks into the season this will turn into the official Fire John Morton thread, its already got the great TGG substance.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hopefully he learned a lot from Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh. Two coaches that were available when we had openings over the years btw

Cman68 likes this.
  12. David-The-Meats-Harris

It won't even matter, Bowles will certainly sabotage him anyway

Jets69 likes this.
  13. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

There's always that one person who bitches and complains about something and, when asked what they would have done, reverts to "my choice doesn't matter!". Which translated means 'I have no idea what I'm talking about, I just want to bitch and moan!" Which is how we end up with a President Trump. The cherry on top of this crap show is his compliment of Chip Kelly, who is the very definition of "one hit wonder". So not is only this guy a loudmouth, he's clueless about actual NFL coaching. But please, by all means, hit me some kind of lame insult. I look forward to laughing at you.

As for me, truth is the pickings for OC were slim. I would've loved Mike McCoy but he would not have chosen NY over Denver, where he knows he has a legit shot at the HC job if the new guy falters. Norv Turner? I like him. I can't think off the top of my head who else would've been that much better than Morton. Like someone else said, all coaches start somewhere. Maybe this guy will be good. Maybe he's the second coming of Schitty. Time will tell, and to be honest we have no choice BUT to wait and see. It would behoove the Jets to add a QB coach also.

14. Joey Jett

Joey Jett Member

Payton and Mangini were both hired the same year. I don't remember if we had a shot at him. Maybe we can coax Harbaugh back to the big leagues next year after they fire Bowles.

15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Meh. Unproven commodity could turn out decent but I'm more interested in who he brings in as QB coach. At least we have a good core of receivers.

hwismer likes this.
  16. David-The-Meats-Harris

Oh Mr Kotter, Mr Kotter I know who you mean. Smh. Yeah it's never the dick that says "Oh tell me your choice" 3 times to be exact. Ever. The point was did Morton makes their choice? Did they have a choice?

You know what other people exist? Ones that get involved in other people's bullshit and insert their own pointless opinion. And then there's the superset of those "people " that always say they're going to laugh. Nicely done.

But back to the point, I'd like to know, for the first time, why Mccoy?

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

#77 NYJetsO12, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  18. 101GangGreen101

Thanks for reminding me about work damnit ... but there is some uncertainty to this acquisition no doubt ... never called plays at the NFL level. I do think players like Quincy, Robby Anderson, Peake and Devin Smith could benefit from this guy. He's coached up some good receivers and help make them productive. Hopefully he brings the power run game he saw in San Francisco along with the the west coast offense from Sean Payton

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes. Hopefully he learned a LOT, because this is the first time he's been an OC in the NFL, and has been an OC only once at the collegiate level.

20. David-The-Meats-Harris

Lol yeah work looms indeed. He's just got so little experience, especially in the area they're weak. I'm hoping Kevin Greene can get the line fixed, and then there's the qb situation. Feels like a next best hire to me, probably was. I could be way way wrong, but I'm not expecting much. A house cleaning is all