Scathing article on Marrone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LiterateStylish, Jan 4, 2015.

1. LiterateStylish

LiterateStylish Active Member

Here is our starters.

Glenn - LT - here with Gailey
    Urbik - LG - here with Gailey
    Wood - C - here with Gailey
    Pears - RG - here with Gailey
    Henderson - RT - rookie

Only 1 is new. We did play Cyrus, another rookie, from time to time in games, but that's because Marrone was trying anything and everything to fix the oline.

2. LiterateStylish

Very kind words. Respect.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The Jets need that.

He was trying to protect his crap QB from criticism? Sounds like he's detail oriented.

You can't magically make bad QB's good.

The Bills were second to only Seattle in defensive DOVA ranking, their offense was 26th (under the Jets!). I'd punt too, punting is believing in the defense, and playing smart.

Like who? The pool isn't exactly impressive. I don't think Marrone is at all special, but it's not like Bill Parcells is coming back anytime soon.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  4. LiterateStylish

Dudes that's nothing.

Wait till you hear stories about Marrone.

He would bitch all day to his staff if he heard a caller on a radio station complain about a call he made in a game.

He wouldn't let anything be posted on buffalo bills.com without his consent.

He made the video guys edit out EJ Manuels interceptions in practice.

He put one our better WR's in the doghouse and wouldn't play him because the WR got injured a few weeks before and couldn't pass medical clearance.

He told our stud DE to get off of his team if he didn't like being ridiculed at in front of his teammates.

List goes on and on.

I personally didn't mind it because if he wins I don't care. But if you're against that sort of thing you will HATE Marrone

#44 LiterateStylish, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  5. LiterateStylish

Maybe you're right.

Just giving my opinion.

The Bills defense is dominant. But when it'd 4th and inches at your opponents 40 with 3 minutes to go and your down 10 ... You go for it. I don't care if you're the 85 Bears. You go for it. Same thing if it's 4th and 1 in field goal range on a windy day. You go for it. Not punt.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The piece by Jackson is why vets and newly arrived disciplinarians wind up on the wrong side of the fence too often. In this case the vet was newly arrived to the the disciplinarian coach. Things get much harder when a newly arrived coach has 20 vets like Jackson on the roster to deal with.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just having a guy willing to shake things up looking for answers would be great. Rex does that in the defensive front 7 and nowhere else. Oday Aboushi may or may not be a better LG than Brian Winters but having to wait 20+ games to get a look at him and only then because Winters was IR'd was ridiculous.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Before Rex was here I don't believe Mehta was here long if at all. Mehta at one point in his career was considered a solid reporter. But the guy has lost it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hornblower likes this.
  9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

A lot of the negatives I keep hearing about Marrone sound like positives to me. A control freak? Great we need that. Doesn't like the media? Good fuck our media.

I also like the story of him storming out of draft room after the dummies in Bills FO traded a future 1st for the second best Wr in draft.

My biggest fear with Marrone is he takes Hackett with him. Fuck all Hacketts.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Again hatchet jobs don't count. You'll have to do better than that.

11. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

hornblower likes this.
  12. LiterateStylish

That was even more speculative that Mehta's article. And incredibly poor written. Greggabe needs to go back to journalism school

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I don't think Marrone is a good fit for this market ,there's gonna be a media hangover from not havinhg Rex to write about anymore .They are gonna try and run this guy out of town the first chance they get.I seriously don't get the Metha hate he made some fair points

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Douchewaffles think Mehta is a douchenozzle.

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You don't get the Mehta hate? Where have you been the past few tears? Hate from Mehta is all the Jets have seen. Connect the dots. Mehta is a Syracuse grad. Marrone left Syracuse for Buffalo. Mehta makes his living from player and coach quotes. Ryan's Jets were a gold mine for his type so sensationalist journalism. Now he is facing a very media unfriendly coach. It's in his personal and professional interest to oppose Marrone's hiring.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I never had a problem with Mehta,I don't get my feelings hurt over newspaper articles...it is what it is.I never found anything he says to be that outrageous or not true

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Not even a close comparison. Bellicheck was a great defensive coordinator with a few SB rings. Yes he had a bad run in Cleveland but he redeemed himself as Parcells defensive coordinator. Marrone has none of that as his only claim to fame right now is being a former offensive line coach, a 25-25 record at Syracue and beating the Jets twice in 2014. There are far better candidates to look at and hire than that.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

there really isn't.
    the only candidate in play that can be said to be better is kubiack.although he has moderate success as a h.c. he was also fired from that gig. all the other candidates have no h.c. track record and therefore nothing to quantify them as better selections

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Did you really take away from the post that Marrone & Bellichek were equally skilled? Because that's not the point..its that we should disregard the Marrone hate as others disregard the Belichek hate.

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The hate for Bellicheck was his cowardly, childish resignation. The hate for Marrone is he has ZERO record of success anywhere. If you really want a blah, blah, blah mediocre football team then yeah Marrone's your guy....yay. If you want to get the fans and city excited you try to change the culture and instill some excitement. That would come from someone who won somewhere like Quinn. Selling Marrone to Jets fans would be extremely hard and just makes no sense.