Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

whether any GM would take him or not doesn't change the fact he is a terrible big game player and has held his talented teams back. he was outplayed by rookie Mark Sanchez in the div rd in 2009, he has made a title game just once and in the game to make it his backup led SD to GW TD.

you show how little you know about this game.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Phillip Rivers has outplayed Sanchez for six years, now. One guy is a highly paid starting NFL quarterback. The other guy has already been let go by the team that drafted him and is currently a backup. You do know who is who . . . right?

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. slimjasi

Writes the guy slurping a backup quarterback.

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

If you think I'm average, when it comes to looking at NFL QB talent, you are definitely not above all these people who agree with me my friend. Continue your silly,ridiculous looking,futile, attempt at convincing the pack. Like on the show "who wants to be a millionaire", they ask the audience first.
    Not the "lone wolf", who has had the truth rubbed in his face a thousand times, by numerous people. You aren't a prophet, sorry!!

5. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Sanchez didn't outplay anyone in San Diego in 09, everyone knows that but you! Look at the game, not your ejaculatory fantasy stats!! Hahaha
    You are silly Junc!!!
    The defense won that game, with our running game leading the offense!! Really Junc?

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Seriously, can mods alter the title of this thread? Just a little: "L" instead of "K" will do :)

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Problem with that argument is that Sanchez wasn't any worse of a QB with those receivers than he had been in the prior years or later years. #1 killer of QB's is turnovers. we've now seen that given a very good QB system with elite weapons he's at best average in most categories and still an elite turnover machine. You can agent talk it all you want but the only 2 times a team has made the playoffs with Sanchez at the helm was when they limited Sanchez's ability to hurt them.
    ve

tbruner12 likes this.
  8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

no, but many of them were the results of 3 and outs by the Sanchez led offense where the defense who had just come off the field were back on the field in less than 2 minutes and where the Cowboys were left with good to great field position because of the sputtering offense.

tbruner12 likes this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sancho sucks...

i should change my avatar at some point. ehh fuck it ill leave it for juncers

tbruner12 likes this.
  10. feldspar

feldspar Member

You don't know what you're watching.

LOL.

What a joke.

11. nyjunc

and despite some of the most talented teams in the league the great Philip Rivers has never started and finished a game that led his team to a conf title game.

The lone wolf is a good thing w/ average fans like you. I certainly wouldn't want to be on your side or the side of the other folks rambling in this thread.

The run game did very little outside of the 1 run by Greene, you would know this if you watched the game. we were consistently stuffed in the run game 95% of that game. I saw a rookie QB make a bunch of big plays, I saw the "elite" vet make the crucial mistakes to cost his team the game but I know what I am watching and don't just look at stat sheets and the stat sheets would tell you Mark didn't play well so I understand why you "think" the way you do.

seriously? this was his ONLY bad year, he was terrible but he had no chance. he looked nothing like he did from 2009-2011.

You look at TOs on stat sheets but al TOs are not the same, he had a couple of bad ones but most didn't hurt his team.

so getting stuffed in the run game and dropped passes are the fault of Mark Sanchez?

They play fast and if they don't get 1st downs they give it back fast. that's how they are designed to play, that is how the D is conditioned.

12. slimjasi

And? This means what, exactly? Unless you are arguing that this makes Sanchez a better quarterback (which is patently silly for a whole host of reasons), this is utterly meaningless.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont think Rivers played that impressive against the Jets but this is still a team game, I would love to see a list of QBs who have won playoff games when their field goal kicker misses 3 fgs....just saying.

14. slimjasi

Indeed.

The great (and I mean, great) Dan Marino only "won" one playoff game. He was 1-7 in road playoff games and 8-10 overall. He even "lost" an AFC Championship game at home to a hated division rival (Buffalo in 1992). Was Sanchez better than him, too? When is the idiocy of using team statistics to evaluate individuals (quarterbacks) going to end? This isn't singles Tennis . . . this is football. Let's try and at least agree on basic logic.

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. nyjunc

my argument is not necessarily about Mark vs. Rivers, just discussing how overrated Rivers is after you brought him up.

their QB played worse than our QB. Their QB handed us the game. Their K missed 2 makeable FGs, that happens sometimes but his failures throughout that game won that game for us.

Marino won many more than 1 playoff game, he made 3 championship games and a SB and rarely did he have top notch talent around him like Rivers had from day 1.

the only idiocy here is someone trying to use Marino vs. Sanchez for their weak argument. It is not all about just winning, some guys don't have the talent around them like Marino and some do and still fail like Rivers.

16. slimjasi

Ok . . . So, Rivers is overrated in your eyes . . Cool. He's still miles better than Sanchez ever will be . . . which was precisely what we were discussing since I decided to bring him up. Another Red Herring :)

As usual, you miss the point. The point is that the "logic" (I'm being awfully kind here) that you consistently use to both defend Sanchez and demean Rivers is severely flawed. In point of fact, it could be used to diminish the careers of MANY good and/or great quarterbacks who never won anything.

And the talent stuff is highly subjective. The way you make it sound, Rivers might as well have been on All-Pro teams. But, you're a Sanchez nutt-hugger . . . so you tend to write a lot of irrefutably silly things.

tbruner12 likes this.
  17. nyjunc

you brought him up to deflect as usual. he has nothing to do w/ Mark.

It's not about QBs who never won anything, Rivers is a guy who was handed the keys to a championship caliber team and never got them close.

Rivers is a guy that wows the average fan b/c all they do is look at meaningless fantasy stats. Your argument how Mark threw away the Eagles season leading them to 24 pts and from down 10 in the 4th on the road even w/ his K missing 2 kicks yet you defend Rivers for leading his talent O to just 7 pts in a win and in game. That's all we need to know.

18. slimjasi

Junc: You can win with Mark. It's all about wins.

Average fans: Uhm, Junc, The Eagles were 4-4 in games in which Mark started (5-4 in games he played in) and 6-2 in games in which Foles started. Mark's Eagles lost three out of their last four games and three games in a row down the stretch. And worse, Mark threw the game-changing interception that all but eliminated them from the playoffs.

Junc: Wins? Who cares about wins? It's all about points/game. The Eagles scored more points for Mark than for Foles. Therefore, Mark was better. (Despite the fact that the points/game statistic accounts for points scored by all three phases of the game, without considering the context of anything) The defense blew all of those games! Couldn't the defense have gotten stops in a, b, c, and d? Couldn't the Moon have been blue?

In some other conversation down the road, I'm sure the important metric will go back to being conference championship game appearances.

Maybe, one day, it will even be number of buttfumbles? That would be fun. Who knows? Who could say? The only pertinent consideration is whatever makes Mark sound good . . . right, Junc?

tbruner12 likes this.
  19. nyjunc

he's not going to carry a team, he's not Tom Brady. his team was 5-4 w/ him playing against a very difficult schedule including 5 games against teams still playing- each of the final 4 NFC teams but let's ignore that and just say he failed.

I didn't post pts scored by the D or STs, I am better than that. The almost TD more per game were scored by the OFFENSE alone led by Mark and in terms of average starting FP on scoring drives the Eagles w/ Foles and Mark were w/in a yd of each other so similar starting FP yet almost TD more per game against much tougher competition but Mark failed.

Nowhere did I say the D blew all of those games but they did blow most. the only game not really on the D was the Seattle game.

I am always fair and realistic w/ Mark. you should try it some time.

20. slimjasi

Wrong. I brought up the fact that you once defended Sanchez by attempting to compare him favorably with Rivers, in order to poke fun at how absurdly delusional you are about Sanchez. I was merely illustrating how far you are willing to go to defend your hero. You will write just about anything in order to make him sound not mediocre and below average. It's just amusing to me.

Oh, so now the int wasn't the season-defining play? Let me guess, it happened in "garbage time," just like the rest of Sanchez's turnovers (of which, he LED the league since he started playing in week 9), right?

And missed kicks!?!?!?!? You are going to bring up missed kicks?!?!?! Seriously?!?!!?!? Didn't Nate Kaeding miss three of them against the Jets in the playoff game that Rivers "handed us" (Your exact words above)?????? Are you even trying to be consistent?