Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Three examples of missed passes through 8 games?

It's ok to use Mark's mistakes as examples for his struggles but not the mistakes as others.

Poster: "Mark has no one to catch the ball! There have been a number of drops and failed rushing attempts that have handcuffed Sanchez."

You: "Stop blaming this on the WR's and RB's! I have seen three major plays ruined by Sanchez. It is his fault."

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I'm not blaming Sanchez, personally I think he is no where near as bad as some think and he still has an upside because of his playoff experience and how well he has played in stretches that being said it is undeniable that his contract is part of the problem, the Jets' FO went all in with elite money , that adds pressure and raises expectations , it's just a fact regardless if it is fair or not for it to reflect badly on Sanchez .

#1862 CowboysFan, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets made a risky pick with Sanchez. They traded up to take a guy who had one year of starting experience in college. Then they botched his early development, rushing him onto the field. Then they screwed up his later development by allowing the talent around him to deteriorate year over year despite mounting evidence that he was not a "put it all on his shoulders" type of QB (who is?).

The contract came with the pick. The renegotiation came with the knowledge that they had likely blown the pick but weren't willing to admit it publicly. The Tebow mess than added a nice big brown topping to the entire messy sundae and the brown wasn't chocolate.

Basically the Jets are going to be living with this mess until they get a grownup in house to clean it up. The kiddies they have have been reaching into their diapers and finger-painting on the wall.

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

If you think the specific plays I mentioned are the only plays Sanchez has missed, you better make an appointment with an eye doctor. Do you really expect me to name all his screw ups?? The point is ... ANY good QB turns those plays into TD's. The problem is we don't have a good QB ... We have a bad one. And all the excuses in the world aren't going to change that.

We have "Jake Plummer lite" as our QB. You may as well accept it.
    And I think, internally the Jets already have. That's why they have no confidence in him.

#1865 truthbtold, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I just clearly explained how 2010 with a balanced attack we had the best team record. Better for the team, means more wins, no? 2010 > 2009 in wins, therefor he was more effective with a balanced attack than a heavy rushing attack. Or wait, maybe the other talent on the team has an effect? Nah, couldn't be. It's all Mark's fault!!!!

#1866 Barcs, Nov 9, 2012
  7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

OMG, it just occurred to me that Romanowski's remarks are at the very core of what bothers me about Mark.

I always watch the Post Game Show because I want to see how the players react that they have Cokely interview and wspecially the guys on the mike in the Press Room. And every damned time I see Sanchez, his demeanor bothers me. I guess it's the lack of passion, I don't know, but his interviews are like he's talking about what he had for lunch.

Win or lose, his demeanor is always the same, with the shrugging shoulders and nonchalant, Commiefornia, cavaleer attitude. I know these guys are told to go to the mike and exhibit a cool, collected demeanor despite win or lose. But I guess what bothers me is, its like he's not trying to control his real emotions about teh game, THESE ARE HIS REAL EMOTIONS, which is like, "Oh well, what the hell. We put this one behind us and we go on to the next game." But you can tell this is not a fasade... hiding his real disgust in himself over an extremely disappointing loss to a division rival in our own house, what you are seeing is the real deal and he relly is saying, "Oh well... what the hell." His interviews really piss me off.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^I couldn't disagree more. The Romaknowski comments are bullshit. Sanchez has been shown to be the first in in the morning and the last leaving at the end of the day. He works hard and definitely cares. The right attitude is not to get extremely pissed off when you have turnovers or bad plays, but to hit the playbook and work on what went wrong. I mean , c'mon. Sanchez is very often criticized for having a "mopey" attitude where turnovers get to him, but now some jackoff criticizes him for not being angry at poor play and turnovers. You can't have it both ways. Bill's just trying to stir the pot and cause contraversy. You don't see Peyton Manning all angry and pissy after losses. He sucks it up and delivers a calm post game interview. That's what good leaders do. They don't get angry and act butthurt during post game interviews. Remember when Brees threw 5 picks in a game last season? At the end he was so calm it seemed like he didn't care. Of course he did, but you have to be professional.

#1868 Barcs, Nov 9, 2012
  9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Bill was an animal and knows football passion when he sees it. And he never would have been cavaleer and uninterested enough to sit on the sidelines and eat hot dogs.

10. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, you can very well have it both ways as "mopey" and "angry" are two entirely different reactions. "Mopey" is "why, why, why, woe is me" crying kind of bullshit. Angry is just that, being pissed at poor performance.

11. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Jets receivers have less drops than average around the league. Your argument sucks

NEXT

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

And he would NEVER let his bias of Tebow get in the way I'm sure :lol:

Sanchez ate a hot dog ONCE on the sidelines. Why are people still sweating that! OH NO! NOT A HOTDOG!!!!!

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The QB position requires a much more level headed and cerebral player than the position Romanowski played. Romo was a great football player but show me how many great QB's played like a junkyard dog.

There are plenty of tangible things to criticize Sanchez for. Reading his mind and criticizing what you've imagined his emotions are seems pretty silly.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think Romo is out of bounds with his comments on Sanchez. I believe he wants to win and loves football. You don't survive the media blitz that is NY with having love for your job. I think when Sanchez has that look, it dosn't mean he dosn't love football, he just discouraged and upset on how things are going.

Also I heard that Romo used steriods, and I think it messed with his head.

15. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

You want stats dude?

2012 Passing statistics... According to ESPN.com

Completion percentage: 52.9%

That is 33rd among active QBs in the league. Which is interesting, because there are only 32 teams.

Rookie phenom Brandon Weeden is 31. We all know he's a budding superstar, with tons of receivers to throw to in Sunny Cleveland, OH.

Josh Freeman's #31... But he was a first round pick. I think he was even the third QB off the board in his draft class. Gotta figure he'd be above Mark, because he was drafted.... Wait. Oh Mark was drafted 5th overall that same year... Oooh.

31st is someone named John Skelton... Sounds familiar. I dont know. I think he might live across the hall from me.

BUT the Sanchize does have top 10 QB numbers in one category. Interceptions thrown

He has thrown 8 picks in 8 games. Tied with Russel Wilson, a mid-round rookie draft pick. Guess there's not much difference between an average rookie QB and Sanchez, except that Wilson has thrown for 3 more touchdowns than our man.

So does Ryan Fitzpatrick, an undrafted QB often made fun of by Jets fans. As does his fellow classman, Josh Freeman.

QB rating 30th.

You might think Sanchez just has no receivers, but we have better receivers than Jacksonville, Miami, and Buffallo who all curiously have higher rated QB.

Statistically, in multiple categories Sanchize is a bottom 5 QB in this league.

Kind of sucks for a top 5 pick, right?

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Rating: 30th
    Completions: 25th
    Attempts: 18th
    Completion Pct: 33rd
    Yards: 25th
    Yards per Attempt: 28th
    Yards per game: 25th
    Long: 17th
    TD: 17th
    INT: 10th
    Sack: 14th

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hey, Sanchez IS TOP 10 in 2 QB categories now, INT's and Highest Paid (7th iirc)

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Like I "clearly explained", that was then....this is now. The talent around Sanchez just ain't there. No matter what the root cause, the effect is that Sanchez is struggling. The entire team is struggling.

So let's concern ourselves with this season. As stated, every time Sanchez threw more than 30 times, the Jets lost...excepting the 1st Miami game, a game that went to OT and we easily could have lost. The most passes thrown in a game this year (54) was last weeks Dolphins game, an embarrassing lose.

The fewest passes attempted (18) was in the week 6 win over Indy. The next fewest pass attempts (27) was week 1 vs. the Bills and week 2 vs. the Steelers. A win followed by a lose.

Keep in mind that Sanchez threw at least one INT in every game except the Steelers lose and the Indy win. The only games where he passed for over 300 yards were the overtime games against Miami and New England, a win (barely) and a lose.

So where's the sweet spot?

You state that our running game is "not a threat", and I would agree to a point. But is our passing attack scaring anybody? You said yourself that in 2011 Sanchez played better but the Jets lost 8 games anyway. Obviously, his improved play didn't make much of a difference to the bottom line. And really...how much better was he? I'd love for us to be able to air it out and put up mucho points...but that's a pipe dream at this point.

The Jets have thrown 275 passes and rushed 228 times this year. The balance is already tilted toward the passing game and we're 3-5 and barely in the playoff hunt. I hate 3 yard runs up the middle as much as anybody, but a running attack can be more imaginative than that. If the run is established, effective passes follow, as well as benefits in time of possession and turnovers (usually).

I've seen what Sanchez is capable of doing, and it's reflected in his stats, not only this year but since he was drafted. He can be an effective "game manager" and has shown that he can step it up at the end of games and make plays....but Peyton Manning he's not. Rumor has it that he has difficulty dissecting defenses and has issues checking out of plays at the line of scrimmage.

Rex has stated that Mark is his guy, so I say take the pressure off Sanchez and run more.

Will it work? Who knows, but what they're doing now sure ain't.

#1878 Acad23, Nov 9, 2012
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has thrown 10 picks this year.

Maybe they can even-up their TD/INT #'s this week.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

See I hear Jeter dismiss reporters all the time and not get worried. I see Melo doing it all the time also. Lebron too. Eli Manning also. Eli pouts all over the field and is a successful QB. Like below said, you need to be level headed to lead a team. Not too high, not too low.

This. So many tangible things to criticize and people pick the strangest things

Interesting if the Jets would have picked him if he was there. Would have been a great move but they had already traded for Tebow at that point, so no idea what they would have done. Althought a Jets move would be to extend a QB, trade for one, and draft one.

To your "who is", there are 3-4 QBs who can do it for regular seasons, rarely for regular seasons and post season. We put all our eggs into the basket that Sanchez was going to turn into a supreme talent. No idea why. I see why they started him out of the gate even though I disagree with it. I don't see why they took the talent away. Never made sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.