Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good!

Maybe we can get a good deal when we trade him.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the Trent Dilfer argument. Yes he was on a Super Bowl winning team. No he was not the reason or even a major contributing cause in the win. Trent Dilfer was a bad NFL QB who got lucky on a good team that peaked at the right time.

3. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

:eek:hmy:

:rofl:

A+ trolling, would read again.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Trent Dilfer was obviously not the main reason Bal won but he was vital to their success just as Sanchez was for us.

Anyone that watches this team and thinks we are losing b/c of the QB I question what you are watching or if you know what you are watching. That is not to say he has played well b/c he has been awful at times but it's been a team effort.

5. nyjunc

he started multiple games this year w/ Kerley as his #1 WR, Chaz Schilens at #2 and Jeff Cumberland at TE, add in no threat of a run game and I'd like for you to show me what QB would be able to succeed in that situation?

6. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

And got let go by the Ravens immediately after winning the Super Bowl.

Team success doesn't = QB quality, unless some of you think Tebow was a top 7 QB in the NFL last year.

Sanchez got lucky to land on a loaded team and still couldn't capitalize. The odds of us putting a top 5 running game AND defense around Sanchez in the same year ever again are extremely low.

7. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

How about all the other games (and years)?

2009: 28th in passer rating, 29th in completion percentage
    2010: 27th in passer rating, 29th in completion percentage
    2011: 23rd in passer rating, 28th in completion percentage
    2012: 30th in passer rating, 33rd in completion percentage

8. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, so the poorly thrown passes to Kerley, Schilens and Cumberland... the passes described above, are on the receivers? It's their fault now that the ball arrives late or early or on the wrong shoulder/side, is underthrown or over the head?

Run game has been enemic, granted, but to what do you attribute the poor judgement, i.e., not throwing the ball away, ill-advised, panic-like shovel passes, throwing off the back foot while being tackled and launching it up in a moon-ball trajectory into double coverage at the 1YL and generally handling the ball like a loaf of bread even though he's been coached 8 thousand times to stop doing that?

9. nyjunc

yep and notice how many SBs they have won since they let him go? notice how many they played in? Trent was much more valuable than the average fan thinks.

a loaded team that hadn't won a playoff game since 2004 and hadn't been in a title game since 1998. Please stop, we don't make those title games w/o Mark's play.

Our D and run games were not great in 2010 and we won 11 games, what is the excuse for that year?

watch games and don't just look at stats.

we don't know whose fault those plays were, how do you know the timing wasn't off? kewrley is good but he's not a #1, Cumberland and Schilems shouldn't be starting for anyone.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the Felix Millan argument. Millan always looked great at the plate, fouling off a ton of pitches and keeping the at bat alive. The Mets announcers touted him as a great #2 hitter. 191 hits! New Mets record! That guy is just a total pro.

With his .329 on-base percentage in the 2 slot he probably cost the Mets 20 runs and 3 or 4 losses that year.

Put another way: if Mark Sanchez had a career 58.9 completion percentage instead of 54.9 the Jets wind up completing 87 more passes over the last 3 and half seasons. That's real wins he has cost them by being so inaccurate. I'm not even talking 60% here. I'm taking the difference between 54.9 and 58.9.

#1810 Br4d, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  11. nyjunc

how do we know? maybe the compeltions were meaningless completions? maybe 7 yd passees on 3rd and 10. How can we say a high comp % leads to more wins? especially when he had his best comp % season last year and it was the teams worst season w/ him.

12. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Dude, you keep saying watch the games and not the stats. What freaking games are you watching ? The ones I'm watching, Sanchez is leaving yards all over the field with missed passes. He throws slants behind receivers allowing defenders to make a play on the ball or even get an interception. Same with crossing routes. He doesn't lead receivers which means that they get little to no Yards after catch.

Even on his deep sideline throws, what does he do ? He drags receivers out of bounds instead of leaving them room to run down the sideline. He stares receivers down so hard, that even when we have deep routes on both sides of the field, with a single deep safety, said safety almost always comes over to break up the pass because Sanchez telegraphs where he's going to throw the ball. Even then, he exacerbates the problem by throwing the ball late and underthrowing it.

13. nyjunc

sometomes he does leave yards out there and other times it's b/c of protection breakdowns or receivers running imprecise routes. It's not all Sanchez and what about the million drops we have seen?

if that is the case why isn't he throwing more INTs? he's only had 20 or more one season(rookie year) so if he's doing everything you say he is doing why isn't he throwing 20-25 or more INTs?

14. feldspar

feldspar Member

Sounds like rationalization and denial here. Are you really suggesting that accurate quarterbacks may not win more games for you? We are talking about a period of 3-and-a-half years here, not a small sample. It's not a trend or and anomaly, it's reality. You can't blame 54.9% completions over a period that long on anyone but the QB in today's game, really. Sanchez is not an accurate thrower of the football, or hasn't been. That matters.

The highest he's been ranked EVER in completion % is 28th. Are you trying to say that this doesn't matter? Yeah, it's a stat and stats can be misleading, but this is not meaningless.

Sanchez always needed a bunch of help to win, and he's been getting less help.

15. Section 227. Row 5

The staredowns also explain the many batted down balls. Even one of the announcers embarrassingly referred to it recently during one of the games, using slow-mo to point out to the viewers how the defensive lineman's eyes were fixed on Mark and all he had to do was move over slightly to his left and then, at the precise moment, leap up and bat the thing down.

I mean, this is part of what you get when you laser-focus on one target and one only. DBs and everyone else are out there licking their chops when they see the arm go back.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

With the money left on Sanchez contract I've got doubts he'd be able to bring back a 5th or 6th rounder.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Because many of the balls have been so poorly thrown and far off target that even the cornerbacks can't get to them. Serioulsy, some of them are that far off. Out of bounds also and wrong shoulder and short by 5 yards or 3' too high. You've probably got cornerbacks and safeties begging Sanchez to try to throw just a little more accurately so they have a chance to catch the ball.

18. Section 227. Row 5

I know. I was being facetious. We are fucked royally with this contract.

19. nyjunc

I don't care about that, 2 years ago he was a top 10 type QB. I don't worry about #s, I worry about wins and him helping us win. Right now he's not doing that and it's disappointing but I have seen him help us win a ton of games and nearly help us get to 2 SBs and that means more to me than fantasy stats.

ahhh that must be it, I suppose all the drops from his receivers are b/c of poorly thrown balls too.

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

JUNC ... I know you're the biggest Sanchez defender on this board, and I've defended him as well ... but enough is enough.

The man has proven he belongs on the "can't pile". In this league it doesn't come down to how many good plays you make. No doubt, Mark has made some big plays for us but you can say the same for any QB in the league. Any coach will tell you, the much more important factor is minimizing the impact of bad plays, and Sanchez just doesn't get it. It's bad enough that he leaves points all over the field by missing wide open opportunities, but even worse than that, he simply doesn't take care of the football. He has absolutely ZERO "football sense" when he's on the field.

How many more terrible plays do you need to see out of him until it sinks in?
    For me, I've seen enough now. 15 INTs and 9 fumbles in his last 11 games.
    That says all anyone needs to know. I don't care who else is on the field ... No team can win with quarterback play like that. Enough making excuses for this guy. He's had his oportunity and he's failed. It's time to move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.