Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Ponder has more upside than Sanchez

The Jags will draft a QB next year

Freeman is better than Sanchez

Bradford is better than Sanchez

Manuel has upside

Cleveland might draft a QB next year if Weeden continues to suck

Locker has upside

Pryor has upside

if i'm the GM of a team with a QB with upside why would I want to bring in Sanchez? I'd rather let the young guys start and develop than to bring in a guy that isn't any better than what we have at QB already.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ponder is fucking trash man, he's about to get benched in his 3rd season. Man plays with Peterson and Jennings.

I would easily take Sanchez over Ponder, Locker, Gabbert. That shouldn't even be a discussion. They haven't done ANYTHING for their respective franchises.

Get real.

If those teams need a new QB that's fine but they need a backup also. Sanchez could very well compete for a job somewhere

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're really over estimating the market for Sanchez IMO.

He'll be looked at as a backup or a stop gap for a rookie. I doubt anyone is going to bring him in to be "the guy".

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's sad, I want Geno to do well but if he didn't I think mark would have been able to step in and save his Jets career. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, I appreciate everything he did for our franchise.

6. The 1985er

Okay so Ponder is trash, does it make sense to replace trash with trash? And where did you get the idea that Ponder is about to be benched?

Some Jets fans overestimate Sanchez value/worth.

At this present time Locker is better than Sanchez and he has upside.

Gabbert is the only one I wouldn't argue against, and even then I'd rather draft Bridgewater or Manziel next year than bring in Sanchez.

7. nyjunc

Ponder doesn't have more upside
    Mark is 1,000x better than Freeman
    Locker doesn't have upside

Mark is going to have a chance somewhere at some point. His best bet is going to a team w/ an established QB, rehabbing his flaws under that QB and stepping in when that QB gets hurt. He'll have another shot(assuming this injury isn't career threatening), he will have a small window to get it done and it will be up to him to do it.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ponder is the type of trash that a bum wouldn't even pick up. Mark is that type of trash that could one day be salvageable. Go ahead and google Ponder and getting benched. It has been a rumors since the off-season that Cassell could take the job. Ponder has struggled since last season. No one has confidence in that kid.

What has Locker done to show you he's better than Mark? He has a harder time completing passes than Mark did. He has Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt. He hasnt done jack shit since he entered the league. I see no upside in his game

Jags or Raiders are the worst teams in the league. One of them will get Bridgewater. They will need a decent backup to compete.

I'm not over valuing MS, is it obvious that Mark is better than all of those QBs listed. Painfully obvious. Your bias against Mark is on display

9. The 1985er

Well Tampa Bay doesn't agree with you, they turned down Sanchez in the Revis deal. If Sanchez was better wouldn't TB be ecstatic to not only be getting the best CB in the NFL, but also an "upgrade" at QB?

Ponder and Locker has upside because those guys are only 25 years old and are already 3 year vets, and both can still develop into good QB's. Neither guy has played as bad as Sanchez to this point. If I'm Minnesota or Tennessee I'd stick with those guys and let them develop instead of bringing in a guy that wont improve your team any more than Ponder or Locker could.

Now in your opinion why don't they have upside?

10. The 1985er

Ponder is coming off a season where he threw for 2900 yards completing 62% of his passes something Mark has never done. 18 TD's and 12 INT's. But yet everybody was excited after Mark's 2nd season with close to similar numbers.

Jake Locker has been injury prone but when healthy he has the ability to be good. I can give a guy til the end of his 3rd season before totally dismissing him.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You can't be serious..

12. nyjunc

That was all speculation and what team would inherited that contract on top of what it was going to cost to get revis? I guarantee you this, the Bucs beat us if sanchez was their QB and they would have been legit contenders in the NFC w/ Mark and all those weapons on offense.

Those guys played worse than Sanchez.

I don't like either, they don't throw it well enough to be pocket passers and while mobile they aren't good enough to run the pistol type stuff. I like Locker better but I don't see either becoming consistent playoff QBs.

Looking strictly at #s I see, when did mark have Adrian Peterson commanding all the attention of the offense?

down 31-12 in the 4th at Wash after a Ponder INT for TD:

20-29, 69%, 199yds, 2 TDs

IMPRESSIVE!

Dig deeper than just stats. Ponder had one of the best RBs in NFL history gaining over 2,000 yds on 6 YPC, Mark has never had anything close to that. Ponder also plays more than half his games in domes.

last I checked neither has a single playoff victory through 4 combines seasons. In 4 seasons mark has 4.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You do know that most Jets fans consider Sanchez a disappointment. They expected more from him by now (and please, you needn't rehash all the reasons why they're wrong to feel that way as every possible reason has long since been provided).

Having said that, I blame Rex for putting Sanchez in in the 4th quarter. I have no doubt that a healthy Sanchez would have lost his starting role to Geno at some point or another... that was inevitable. And I also think that Sanchez probably would have stayed on with the Jets as a backup.

Oh sure, his agent would have shopped him as a starter around the league, seeing who he might find that would be willing to bring him in. But in the end, for contractual reasons, I don't think a healthy Sanchez would have gone anywhere and would have stayed with us.

Now, unfortunately, this look grimmer for him here. How will his surgery go? Will it make him 100% And if not, how useful will he be to us? These are all questions no one knows the answer to right now.

I do wish him luck as you do, even thought you know how disappointed I am in him. But I never take that disappointment to a level that I don't wish him well. I just think it was stupid as hell for Rex to put him in in the 4th quarter of that meangless freaking game and now it's going to haunt the NY Jets and Sanchez' entire career. What a shame.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

unreal u just cant make this shit up. oh well onto the geno smith/matt simms era

15. nyjunc

It's not even close. I think Freeman has ability, he's never been able to play up to it though. he has one good stat season where they had a creampuff sched and were never seriously in the race. Other than that he's done nothing, mark has helped his team win 4 playoff games. The 2 aren't close.

Freeman in 2011 was WORSE than Sanchez 2012 b/c he actually had talent around him and still won fewer games and had more TOs.

16. nyjunc

I don't worry about what most Jet fans think.

17. The 1985er

If the QB was good no team is gonna have a problem paying/overpaying. The rest of that first paragraph is more hyperbole (if Sanchez was on the Bucs they beat the Jets) that can't be proven one way or the other. But I know you love those kind of debates.

So Adrian Peterson was the reason Ponder threw accurate passes? Didn't Mark face stacked boxes which SHOULD open up more opportunities for the passing game? Ponder faces the same stacked boxes as Mark did because both teams relied heavily on the run game, and teams knew this.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

it's pretty retarded. Just watching the game (and having shoulder injuries myself, I knew he was F-ed)...... you'd think they'd have the multiple opinions ASAP.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why would you jump to the conclusion that Sanchez not immediately being put on IR is an indicator of a poorly run franchise? He wanted a second opinion, didn't he?

Your post seems stupid.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahahaa.... that's quite obvious when you make statements like, "Mark is 1000X better than Freeman."

I enjoy message boards and I expect to read anything and everything. And some things are so outlandish that they go beyond tongue-in-cheek. That statement is one of them, but again, you're entitled to you opinion and so is everyone else!

Hahahahahhaa..... "1000X better".... Hahahahahahhaaaaaa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.