Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The "QB situation" was "shaky"...one torn labrum fixed that. All the Sons of Sanchez can thank Rex.

Nobody proclaimed Geno "proven" or the "future". And behind Geno is a young qb who looked impressive in a preseason outing, and a guy who's had 20 starts in the NFL.

It is was it is. Nothing shaky about it.

I think we're in pretty good shape...now that Sanchez is out of the mix.

2. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

When discussing the QB position, there are certain guys Id rather just not have. Rivers and Sanchez being two of them. Comparing them, to me, just seems irrelevant.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What's mind boggling and foolish is harping on a playoff run from two years ago.

Sanchez isn't even in the mix for the foreseeable future.

Junc, I hate to say it, but it may be time to find a new player or coach on which to fixate. In the meantime, maybe you can tell us again how Namath sucked.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There's that lack of reading comprehension again. I have never said Namath sucked, just pointed out a FACT that he is one of the most overrated players in the history of sports.

I have also said for a long time Sanchez's days were coming to an end here and this would be his last year w/ us but you wouldn't know that b/c you either don't read my posts or don't understand what you are reading.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Laugh, nice deflection. The Chiefs won more with him on the bench than they won with him on the field. PERIOD.

Where are the playoff wins against good teams? Two Words, SUPER BOWL.

The difference between Johnny Unitas getting released with never having taken a snap and Sanchez is that Unitas had no NFL track record. A team, the colts, brought him in for a tryout and he won a roster spot because they gave him snaps. Sanchez on the other hand has 4 years of NFL game film for teams to evaluate, 4 years of statistics for teams to put in context with the game films. and for many teams 4 years of scouting him during the season before a matchup with the Jets.

No comparison.

6. 1968jetsfan

Sanchez was a fortunate son of circumstance. When the Jets won in 3 out of 4 playoff games it was because they limited Sanchez's effect on the field. They had him do as little as possible in order to minimize the chances of him making an error.

All you have to do is look at Mark's statistics in the 4th quarter of games, in games that were within 7 points, or hell even his December Performances and you begin to see a picture of just how Tebowesque his performances really were.

Noone will say that Mark didn't have his moments, he did. The problem is over his career the bad has vastly out numbered the good.

I wouldn't take the Rivers of the past two seasons over sanchez, Rivers has been horrible the last two years and I think he's out of football within the next 2 years. I would take the Rivers of 3 and 4 years ago over Sanchez though. Romo, I'd take over Sanchez just because Romo has the same turnover flaws as Sanchez but brings more to the table overall.

It's easy to find a few good plays by any player that's played in the league for 4 years, especially at QB.

Mind you there are A LOT of QB's I'd take over Romo, but yes I would take Romo over Sanchez, but that's more of a statement of how poor of a QB I think Sanchez is.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. While the "4 PO wins" mantra is not telling the story, claiming he only had "moments" doesn't either.

While he was partially - not mostly - responsible for 3 of the playoff wins, he was responsible for more wins than losses. 2011 was a statistically good season for him and had the OLine & WR stayed status quo or improved, I think 2012 would have been a completely different year.

If Mark is paired with a decent OC on another team and at least 1 good wr, he will probably end up playing better than he did in 2012. While the jets dropped the last 3 in 2011 and Mark was partially to blame for that, there was still a drop off in talent.

2012 was a clusterfuck and there is enough blame to go around the whole team, starting with Rex and his choice of OC.

Again, this isn't an excuse for his mistakes or pinning for him to step in for Geno when he's healthy, but using some of Junc's logic - you have to look at the whole picture.

Sanchez isn't the type of QB that elevates the players around him. But he's also not the QB that will bring down a good team. He will do well with a good team around him. There are teams with a QB that have decent to good offenses and are still putting together losing seasons courtesy of the QB play.

8. 1968jetsfan

2011 was a statistically good season for "him" yes. but it was still only a net 6 TD's over turnovers (rushing TD's and fumbles included). it was still a paltry mid 6 YPA, and a paltry 56.something completion percentage. In short his best was still an inefficient year and still bottom 1/3 of the league in every category save TD's, which was basically offset by all of his turnovers.

Marks biggest problem is his lack of ability to take care of the football, I could live with everything else if he'd just grown out of being a turnover machine, but even his best season in turnover 2010 required the luck of having 60% more dropped interceptions than the next highest person, 15 dropped picks vs 9 being the next highest drops and also had the luck of only losing 1 fumble out of I think 10 times he put it on the ground.

I could live with the 55% completion rate, and everything else if you cut the turnovers basically in half. I could live with the turnovers if he was producing 3500 yards and 30 or so TD's a season..but he doesn't.

When you consider 2011 to be a good season your bar on a good season has been set far too low.

9. 1968jetsfan

as for the drop off in 2012, the only thing that dropped off was his TD production, which was BY far his highest. everything else was statistically well within his norm with the normal year in and year out statistical variability of a couple of percent. Until such time as he repeats it the 2011 TD production is a statistical outlier. What you can take for certain is his consistent turnover rate, his constant YPA and his consistent 55%ish completion percentage. He's been remarkably consistent in those categories and showing no growth.

People can say it's because of this or because of that, but the reality is he didn't fall off in 2012...he was just the normal every day Mark.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh trust me Junc, I read every word you write...I don't want to miss an idiotic moment.

Like your first paragraph above for example.

You're fucking clueless.

Now there's a "FACT"....

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

Sanchez needs surgery for his torn labrum, per Mort.

www.twitter.com/mortreport

12. Sixto

Sixto Member

“@mortreport: Jets QB Mark Sanchez is likely to have surgery after Dr. James Andrews confirmed he has a labral tear in right shoulder, per league sources”

13. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Sanchez done for year...... see ya

Breaking news reported from Rich Cimini on ESPN.

#16673 Diabolical_Jet_Fan, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 9m
    Jets QB Mark Sanchez is likely to have surgery after Dr. James Andrews confirmed he has a labral tear in right shoulder, per league sources

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Whelp. That really sucks for Sanchez. I think that just about wraps up his career in NY.

Can we close this thread now?

16. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks......

17. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

18. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

19. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Damn guy loses his job without even trying... I guess the new era has begun. Bye bye mark thanks for providing lot of entertainment n back to back afc champ games!

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Partially Rex's fault, but really his time here was ending. Sad way to go out though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.