Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can't help your reading comprehension issues, at no point did I ever say he was blameless in the title game losses. I simply applied more blame to our "dominant" D that was eaten alive in both title games.

keep trying. Who had the better title game? Ben and his 35 rating or mark and his 100 rating?

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Junc is getting owned left & right, for the past few pages.

Normally, he rebuttals are kinda solid. But, now, they've become elementary at best.

Just wave the white towel, Junc. You've staunchly defended another mediocre Jet, who's about to be a goner. Maybe the next player you illogically defend should be one who actually has a future with the organization.

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

BS claim #1:

You're off to a terribly poor start my friend.
    Joe Flacco: 20/38 for 248 and a pick
    Ravens combined running game (i'll even take the kneel out): 34 attempts, 50 yards.
    The Ravens turned the ball over three times, all in their own territory.

The Jets scored 9 points in this game. Three field goals. Those drives started on: The Ravens 11, the Ravens 37, and the Ravens 35. Another one started on the Ravens 31, but Greene fumbled and the Ravens used that momentum to score their only touchdown.

The Jets longest drive of this game was 35 yards, and it ended in a punt. Mark Sanchez had 74 passing yards.
    11 drives. 9 points. None from a drive that started OUTSIDE BALTIMORE'S 40.

btw: Blaming the AFCC in Pitt that year on Sanchez is like my favorite thing to do, Ill get to that a little later on.

#16103 Mantana Soss, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

debatamania!!!!!

its funny, its like 7 different conversations all based around junc and his absurdity.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Since I'm currently following your logic, useless stats out of context. (actually passing rating is a horrible and truly worthless stat...but since you mention it, Freeman has a higher lifetime passer rating than Sanchez.)

See that's what I love about you Junc, stats are useless and meaningless, unless of course in an isolated instance they happen to support your warped view. (and in sanchez's case stats that look good are the exception to the rule).

But since you want to claim passer rating is a valid stat...okay.

Career wise Sanchez ranks #144 of all time, Tied with that hall of famer Quincy Carter.

How bad is that? David Gerrard, the horrible QB ranks #23 all time. The immortal Shaun Hill ranks #22 all time.

Hey, your the one emphasizing how important the quarterback rating stat is, not me. Now lets see there are 32 starters in the league at any given time. and Sanchez's career is 71.1..hmmm the horrible Josh freeman ranks #64...

Actually I'm having a lot of fun here at your expense...but I can't go on, Quarterback rating is the one football stat that is utterly useless and misleading.

6. The Uniform Bomber

Lol.

He can't help it that he's a blind homer.

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Being down by 21 at halftime and 14 to start the 4th really proves we had a chance. Yeah, we lost by 5 points. SD lost by 9 points. Big deal. We were no closer to the Super Bowl than SD was.

SD was down 6 at the half and only 2 to start the 4th. You like to blame our D so how about the SD D allowing NE to eat up over 9 minutes to close the game out. I think SD offense had the ball for about 3 mins for the entire 4th quarter. SD had ONE 4th quarter possession.

8. Mantana Soss

Claim #2:
    This is a decent example, but flawed. Yes. it was both a poor day for the defense, and a good passing day for the offense. Credit the offense for doing so, but they should be expected to do so a decent amount of the time.

Still, only 23 points were given up, 13 in the second half. 6 in the last 23 game minutes.

I don't know if that qualifies for "keep coming back."

Mark was still only 15/28. 55 of Braylon's 67 yard touchdown were purely his after he spun off a defender and took it to the distance. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81ade2e6/Edwards-67-yard-TD

Keller's 24 yard touchdown was also mostly a great play on his part. This is just as easily a pick: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81adc933/Keller-24-yard-TD Keller's second TD was an excellent throw.

9. nyjunc

I am crushing these weak arguments as I always do. All you do is prove how little you know, you are just being an average fan posting meaningless #s.

posting #s? how shocking! How about these #s: 3rd and 5 yds or more allowed:

3rd and 9
    3rd and 28
    3rd and 9
    3rd and 9
    3rd and 10
    3rd and 5
    3rd and 7
    3rd and 10
    3rd and 10

we are talking about the D not the O, the O gets their share of the blame but the "dominant" D allowed a ridiculous amount of 3rd and longs to keep drives alive for Baltimore and keep the ball out of the hands of our O.

I look forward to your excuses about the AFC title game.

10. 1968jetsfan

Oh what the hell, since you want 100 to look like a good game...it doesn't even qualify as one of the top 100 quarterback ratings for a single game.

I also think your shooting yourself in the foot on this argument, your saying the defense sucked but it held Ben to a 35 rating for the game...in a game where Sanchez GAVE the steelers 1/4 of the points they scored that game...in a game where Sanchez had the ball on the 2 yardline and couldn't get it in the endzone....you know, a 14 point spread on the shoulders of Sanchez....He doesn't give the Steelers 7 points and he scores from the 2 yard line and what happens? Yep Jets win the game.....but yeah, it's the defenses fault.

11. nyjunc

you probably should find someone who can read so they can explain to you what I am posting. what does QB rating have to do w/ anything? I was using your claims about stats, ratings and rankings.

answer the question please: who had the better game- Ben and his 35 rating or mark and his 100+ rating?

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:rofl2:Okay, that was funny.

13. 1968jetsfan

I swear junc's got the best drugs in the nation...

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...or the equivalent of one good punt by Sanchez.

Junc...do yourself a favor.

Cry uncle...

15. 1968jetsfan

I have stated many many times Junc that Quarterback rating is a useless stat. I NEVER use it, except to make fun of it when someone else uses it.

But you do realize you are trying to make an argument that says The defense played well against Big Ben...so thank you for making my case.

0 td's and 2 picks of big ben. both of which Sanchez shit the bed and went 3 and out afterwards.

Take away Sanchez's fumble 6 and the failed redzone from the 2 yardline and the jets win the game....If Sanchez just does his damned job. He chocked.

16. nyjunc

we were w/in a score at the end of the game, if our D gets one stop we have a chance to win. SD wasn't w/in a score late in that game.

Only 23 pts were given up? that's it? just 23? 23 is a good amount especially since our O(minus our best WR) gave the D a 14 pt lead in the 1st qtr. The game never should have become a game if we had a "dominant" D.

The next play after the D gave the dolphins a 17-14 lead mark connected w/ Braylon for 67 yds and a TD and 4 pt lead. After leading an 80 yd drive that ended w/ a TD to put us up 8 w/ 2 mins left the D allowed Miami to march down the field and if Miami was smart enough they would have gone back to Marshall who killed Cro all night but luckily they didn't and we held on.

as far as "keep coming back"

14-0 lead Jets
    14-7 Jets
    14-10 Jets
    17-14 Miami
    21-17 Jets
    21-20 Jets
    24-20 Jets
    24-23 Jets
    31-12 Jets

they allowed Miami to keep coming back and we barely held on in our EZ as time expired(a year after allowing Miami to score in the final seconds to beat us)

Sanchez put that ball in a great spot, stop trying to take credit away.

17. nyjunc

ok, which QB had the better game:

QB A: 233 yds and 2 TDs
    QB B: 133 yds and 0 TDs

18. nyjunc

you do know you hurt Soss' cause, right? if you agree he must be wrong. stick to the jokes and please make them funny again, you are slipping.

19. The Uniform Bomber

Haha I haven't even posted any numbers.

Do you just have an auto-reply set on your posts, or something?

Wait.. So.. Ben had a 35 rating, as you stated. But our D was to blame?

Bahaha

20. Mantana Soss

Claim #3
    Claim rating: complete BS.

Dead viking team? The Jets' biggest lead was 22-13.

If I accept this 'dead' claim as true, do you know why they were dead? At the moment the score reached 22-13, with 4:37 remaining in that game, Brett Favre was: 9/20 for 164yards.

The Vikings first 8 drives went: Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Fumble, Fumble, Punt. This game should never have been close. The Jets had two 3-and-outs and a 4-and-out in their 4 3rd quarter drives. I imagine the defense might have been getting a little tired once those Viking scoring drives got going.

The Jets scored 5 FGs and 1 TD. Those scoring drives began on: MIN 40, NYJ 32, MIN 47, MIN 46, MIN 19, NYJ 34. That glorious late touchdown drive was THE ONLY OFFENSIVE ACCOMPLISHMENT IN THIS GAME. The defense did everything but score the points themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.