Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gopats88

gopats88 Member

This is laughably untrue.

In 2009 the Jets allowed opponents to convert 31.5% of 3rd downs, the lowest in the league.
    In 2010 they allowed 37%, 10th lowest.
    In 2011 they allowed 32.7%, 4th lowest.
    In 2012 it was 37.2%, 7th lowest.

They have never been below average in that category while Sanchez has been the Jets QB, and 3 out of 4 years have been in the top 10. Twice top 5.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/position/defense/year/2009

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It's like saying Brady has choked on every important playoff game.

3. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Hmmmm Sanchez 4 year starter @QB learning a new Offense(all though he did play some wco @USC) VS the rookie Geno Smith, who is also learning a new offense. I think that if Sanchez can only fend off Geno by a small amount I would go with Geno. Sanchez Should be Miles ahead of a rookie if he's not doesn't that say more about the rookie and less about Sanchez? Plus I get the feeling MM has a hard-on for Geno. Pre-season...Can't Wait!!!

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Bromidically lame. Surprised you didn't come up with something reeal clever *cough* like junc food or corn on the Hobbs...onomonopia.

Lehtonen minum kaunis suomalainen kuningatar: vittuun!

:-(

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Nice try. Try sorting that by 3rd downs made, and theyre below average.

The sheet also contains context. As in, critical third downs.

I dont expect you to be watching the games, but....this defense has been horrid at getting off the field at a critical juncture.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sort ascending vs. sort descending

holy crap

7. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

Alleycat, that quote in your sig by nyjunc. Wow.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

Your posts just keep getting dumber and dumber. You realize that the % of 3rd downs is the most important stat? Did you just sort 3rd downs made and saw that they were lower in some years, and just thought "oh hey, that could make a good argument!"

If they are still low in 3rd down %, yet higher in 3rd downs made, it also means they are higher in 3rd downs attempted. Which could easily be concluded that the defense is on the field more... Which in turn hurts your pro-offense standpoint.

As far as them getting off the field in critical points, it can also be said that they were probably on the field for a while due to the high amount of 3 and outs by the offense. Also, Im pretty sure they were no less than average in critical situations compared to the entire league. Those critical situations just stick out more, just like how those few comebacks by Sanchez greatly outweigh the poor play in your mind.

#10208 laxin, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  9. alleycat9

haha thank you for helping me understand his jibberish, i thought he had fallen off the toilet this morning with what he was saying. now at least it makes a modicum of sense.

10. alleycat9

it was surely signature worthy.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You're predicting 11 wins?

Why stop there...let's go undefeated.

12. Hobbes3259

3 of the first 4.

One or two they shouldnt get.

And the back stretch, has one tough team..

Acad. they won 6. With absolute shit on defense, and the Schedule, is fairly kind.

Buffalo,Tampon Bay,Tenn, and NE on the short week week2.

Thats very kind.

13. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Sort by the raw number of 3rd downs they allowed, instead of the percentage? Why on earth would I do that? That might be single-handedly the stupidest thing I've ever read on this site.

You really are turning into Junc

The 1st, 4th, and 7th best teams at getting opponents off the field in 3rd downs, were actually really bad at it at "critical junctures"? C'mon. This is clearly just a case of you having a selective memory.

14. Hobbes3259

No. 3rd downs atrempted. Like, when you dont close out the first third down, you defend a second, like the 6 in Matt Moores infamous twelve minute drive to the sea.

Percentage means shit. And yes, the offense does put them back on the field far too often.we would all like to see more sustained drives from the offense, because the defense is good at generating 3 and outs....just not situationally.Its the difference between being a staisticallygood defense, and an exceptional defense.

Its third downs attempted that is the important stat.

Its fair to say,like you did, that the defense is on the field more, but..,for example, Moore and Tebow say hi.

Difference between 10-6, 8-8.

If the anti sanchez argument was that he was drafted to complement a strong defense, well....where was it.

Eric smith tackling turf in Denver, and the entire cast basking in The Miami sun for 12 minutes, which...,to be honest...if you have been watching, was the most humiating Jets scene, since Gruden ran it 18 straight times for a TD.

But, get caught in The butt fumble hype.

QB makes a bad play, whip out the maxi pads.

Team, gets emasculated..,,,ummmm.,.Sanchez sucks.

They just dont close out in crucial situations.

And since you guys love to tell me how wrong I always am, how many defenses have given up 12 minute drives in the last decade?

(oh, I cant wait for someone to say, well the defense played well, because they made them take 12 minutes to score)

#10214 Hobbes3259, Jun 8, 2013
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is sad Hobbes. I suggest you stop here before it gets worse. If possible. For me this is like that scenario where a little kid says the most retarded thing ever and when he gets embarrassed he doubles down and as an adult you back off because you don't want to destroy his fragile psyche.

16. gopats88

gopats88 Member

If 3rd downs attempted is a good measure of how good or bad a team's 3rd down defense is, then San Francisco, Baltimore, and Chicago were all below average last year, and Indianapolis was the best team in the league. Do I need to continue? Your reasoning is fucking stupid. Bad defenses easily give up 1st down conversions on 1st and 2nd down, and therefore don't see as many 3rd down attempts against them.

Percentage gives you a perfectly good measure of how many conversions a team allowed compared to how many they possibly could have allowed. It is clearly the logical way of judging how good a team is in that category.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

To the first bold, yes your percentage goes down then because if a team gets another 3rd down that means they converted the 3rd down before it. So if a defense stopped them the first time, opponenets 3rd down % is 0% which is amazing. If they let one go by and stop them the second time, it's 50%. If they let two go by and stop them the 3rd time, it's 67%. If they let 3 go by and stop them the 4th time, it's 75%. So percentage is actually a lot more useful because a team could face more 3rd downs because of their offense not holding onto the ball for a while.

To your 2nd bold, what would happen if we judged the offense by saying if they fail in one drive for the whole game they did bad (this is how you are judging the defense). In reality the defense played much better than the offense in the MIA and DEN games you are referring to. The Jets offense needed the defense to be perfect those two days, guess what our defense isn't perfect.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Few have said the defense is near perfect.

Unfortunately, our boy Sanchez put them in a few too many "crucial situations".

If the offense can just cut down the 3 & outs we'll be in a better position all around. I think that's where a WCO system will benefit us.

Face facts. The woeful play of the offense has to take the majority of the blame for this teams troubles.

I still don't see 11 wins this year, but I can imagine us reaching the playoffs.
    That's if we learn how to move the chains and quit turning the ball over.

19. Hobbes3259

No, the defense is good at generating 3 and outs. However...they come more often than not early in games. Then offenses adjust.

Late in Games, you see offenses sustaining drives, and rarely see the the QB taking a victory snap.

I watch every game, several times, after the moment. Its not selective memory. Its minimally onservant.

One of Juns memes, are blown lead circumstances, so...if Sanchez winning, is a function of the defense, as all the naysayers claim, why are blown losses not credited accordingly?

And...as I said...you can look up stats..but you arent watching the games, so you trying to seak to memory, is on its face a canard.

Go look up some of the game threads, from here for close losses.

#10219 Hobbes3259, Jun 8, 2013
  20. Hobbes3259

Except GOPATS.

I say, you are corect that the offense is too blame. We differ on which part.

I think MM solves the offensive issue.

That is not to say Sanchez is perfect, just that he has been asked to drive an edsel, in a Formula One world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.