Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Why is it Sanchez's fault he got a steaming pile of shit to work with this year? Shonn greene has to be one of the worst RBs in football. The guy has no elusiveness. His #1 target last year Dustin Keller hasn't played this season yet. His number one target this year is out for the year.
    The O-line isn't helping the cause one bit and did you take a look at who he's throwing the ball to. Jeff Cumberland(back up TE) Clyde Gates(who? hasn't done anything in the NFL) Jason Hill(cut from the Jags) An Injured and extremely raw Stephen Hill along with Our stud #1 wideout Jeremy Kerley who wouldn't be anything more than a slot receiver on most teams.
    But go ahead tell me why Tebow would do better with this offense.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez had more turnovers in the Red Zone yesterday, again. I don't care if JJ Watt is 7 ft tall, at least half of the starting QB's in the NFL make those throws last night without getting the ball tipped. When a ball gets tipped at the line, it is because the QB didn't get enough height on his throw and also because he didn't react quick enough to throw around the defender. It is clearly a mistake on the QB anyway you slice it and when it turns into an intercepion that costs the Jets guaranteed points then he is losing games for us. What do you see in Sanchez mechanically and intangibly that wants you to keep him as the starting QB? Can't you see all of his QB flaws? Do you really want him here after this season even if it means the Jets have another losing record? He was a pitiful 14 of 31 with one touchdown and two interceptions. According to you Sanchez played so "well" that he lowered his quarterback rating to -- wait for it -- 66.6.

At this point we need to evaluate all of the players on our roster. We're not getting into the playoffs this year. We'll be lucky to go 7-9. I don't think Tebow is the long term answer either but maybe he'll prove us all wrong. We brought him in here and had to deal with this whole circus surrounding him. The least we could do is see what type of ability he has as a starting QB. Shame on the Jets if they never give Tebow a shot and then he's gone next year. We have nothing to lose letting him start a few games.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What makes you think Tebow or anyone else would do better?

4. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

You might even call him the Mark Sanchez of running backs.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Well one person sucks at their job you typically look for someone else who can perform that job better. In this case that person happens to be Tebow. It could be McElroy for all I care but the guy doing the job now isn't cutting it.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I already have many times - in many threads.

I am not the one that made the assumption that nobody could have more success than Mark...who's last win was an OT luck out against Miami.

7. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

It's not so much that Tebow would do better as he couldn't do worse.

The worst case scenario is that we get equally bad quarterback play. It is possible we would get better quarterback play. No down side plus some upside is a good deal.

8. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Pick a new team then if your standards are so high you can't stomach back to back losses against arguably the best team from each conference. Lets see how he does on Sunday against a non elite team

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

No one knows if Tebow would do any better. If guy A sucks, you try guy B. If guy B sucks, you try guy C. If guy C sucks, you try someone else. That's how it works.

Either way, it's as they say on the radio. If Sanchez comes out for Tebow, his career as a Jet is over. How do you say, "Oh well, Tebow sucked, so we'll try you again"? The guy is promised a lot of money, he's not going to dropped all that easily.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

ANd our offense only scored 1 TD in those two home games. But they were good teams so its not Marks fault. Right? Hell even the Browns offense can score 2 TDs in one game against a good team.

I'll save you the time of "seeing what will happen" against Indy.

Mark throws a TD and everyone acts like his development is starting to finally come along. Then we manage a FG the rest of the way while he goes 18-40 for 150 yards and a red zone turnover. Then everyone makes excuses for why Mark wasn't more effective.

After 50 games its not that hard to predict.

#90 ouchy, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  11. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

You guys want to see Sanchez fail so much it's disgusting, and you're completely ignoring everything around him. First off, the Jets receiving core right now is a joke. Second, they have no run game, and the wildcat is awful. Also, the O-line is getting old and weak.

How is a QB supposed to look good in an offense where he's set up to fail. You can put in any QB you want in this league and plug him into the Jets offense and I bet he's going to put up crappy numbers similar to Sanchez.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

At some point the Sanchez homers are going to have to admit the lack of talent begins with the QB.

Lot of open Wrs last night - lot of missed throws.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Take ANY NFL team's #1, 2, and 3 options Away and see how they do. Better yet, #1 and 2 WR's and top TE. Then add in a very mediocre run game. See how they do.

Ask Aaron Rodgers. He's only down his #1 WR (who hasn't been healthy all year) and a subpar run game and look how the vaunted packers offense is doing...

Sanchez isn't elite, but he isn't trash. It's shown he does better with a good run game to set up PA...but we can't do that much because the run isn't respected.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Nah you could put a handful of QBs and make this a playoff team. But they would be one a done ala Saints vs Seahawks, Pats vs Ravens, Pats vs Us, Packers vs Giants etc becuase of the lack of balance and defense.

I would say out of the 32 QBs, if you took 20 of them, we would still be 2-3 under 20 of them. Under 5-7 would be 3-2. Under 5-7 we would be 4-1.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He missed a few passes last night no doubt about it but you have to think about how much cohesiveness can one have when actually Kerley is the lone guy he has a solid rapport with? Even he was injured during preseason. Schillens was hurt most during preseason. Gates is learning on the fly. Jason hill just came in this week. Cumberland has been here for a bit but as u can see, he's not the quickest to grasp what's gong on out there.

Sanchez no doubt has to get better but he needs weapons and options out there. He's throwing to a damn CB on plays now...c'mon.

16. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

don't be like one of those boxing fans who rely on compubox for everything. u realize that whether something is counted as a drop is at the discretion of a HUMAN being right? so i don't see how that's better than just watching the games and keeping a running tally. I know I have seen drops by jets WR that has costed touchdowns for the team. we all have. I can't recall as many for the other teams.

yea okay mr. 2003 poster with a tebow avatar.

17. Skagerrak

Skagerrak New Member

So the choices are Sanchez at 48% completion rate...

...or Tebow, who had a 47% completion rate in 10 games last year.

Hell, might as well try McElroy.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

bwahahahahhaha so now ROOKIES have advantages over 4th year QBs because there isnt enough tape on them huh? This is the single dumbest thing EVER said on TGG. EVER EVER EVER. You should be banned for this fuckin stupidity. PLease get teh fuck outta here dude. Youre are completely useless. Pplease...seriously...get the fuck out of here

19. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

Hey its okay guys, 48% is "Average" says most people on here so i guess we will be okay in that department.

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

y don't u keep it civil. Can't argue with the merit of my point so u want me to leave?

haven't u ever wondered y all back up qbs seem to be able to play fine for a while when the main qb goes down, like cassel that year, kirk cousins this past week, hassleback etc. if u don't think the lack of game tape or footage help those guys u just never been involved in gameplanning.

that's why we have the SOPHOMORE slump. Just look at cam newton last year compared to this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.