Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catfish

catfish New Member

Not arguing for or against either guy, just going to make the statement that while I think Mark is being put in a rough spot with the talent aroud him I don't think it is any rougher than the one Tebow was in last year, all the same reasons were brought up all equally valid, however if Tebow is going to be painted as not able to throw after 16 games I dont' know why Sanchez would get the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Of course if people think Tebows numbers were somewhat mitigated by the talent around him last year the same would hold true for Sanchez. However saying Sanchez struggles because of talent around him, but Tebow sucks is hypocritical at best disingenuous at worst or visa versa of course.

I supply the numbers simply to further the conversation. I am a huge Tebow follower, but think the best move is to stick with Mark. I happen to be in the they both struggled/are struggling due to lack of talent around them camp

2. catfish

catfish New Member

what hilarious is that Sanchez managed to score exactly 2 more point against the Pats than Tebow did over the course of 2 games

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

In those games he also has what 3 called screen passes and 5 catches by a running backs? LT averaged 3 catches a game...that would be 10 more than this season -- all of the sudden he is mid 50's.

They have not given him even basic weapons on offense that any QB would like to have.

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I've got another stat for you:

Mark Sanchez is the 1st QB since Stony Case of the 1999 Ravens, to throw at least 25 passes in his first 5 games and have a completion pctg below 50%.

As much as I hate stats this is a fact.

However I don't need this to tell me what a loser QB he is. It's laughable that fans on here would rather have a loser QB starting for us, than they would the Jets a winning franchise this year.

5. JetsNation06

Btw, for those that say Mark Sanchez doesn't get pass protection this year, he is the 3rd most protected QB in the NFL according to NFL.com.

So there's 29 other teams with shittier pass protection than the Jets. But Mark has no time to throw!?!? LOL What a joke.

6. catfish

catfish New Member

passes breakdown as follow( I rounded so may not add to 100%)

distance/%of attempts/completion rate/ypa
    behind the line /10% /69.2/5.39ypa
    1-10yd/53%/53%/5.28ypa
    11-20/23%/43.3%/7.3ypa
    21-30/10%/33.3%/11ypa
    31-40/2%/50%/16.5
    40+/2%/0/0

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

so even with drops, still terrible?

8. Vida

Vida Active Member

Please. If we had Brady we would've beaten Houston last night by at least a TD. Turning the ball over on the 5 yd line just before half time and then again just before the 2 minute warning was unacceptable. Why the hell did he rush to get a pass off with 2:02 left on the clock at 3rd and 18? Especially knowing he struggles when he is rushed? That was just a riduculous call. And turning it over just before half time? Could've gone in 14-14 or at least 14-10 instead of 17-7. Tebow should've started more plays last night and definitely should have been given AT LEAST one drive. The few times he was on the field he didn't do too bad at least no worse then Sanchez.

And that's without even talking about some of his other horrible passes like the sideline pass to Cromartie that gave him no chance to catch the ball in play.

Another gripe - why run the ball on the first two plays of a drive when Greene has struggled to make any yards at all on run plays? Leaves you at 3rd and 8 straight away, seemed like crazy decision, though that may be Sporano more than Sanchez.

#68 Vida, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  9. JetsNation06

:rofl: good one

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if thats the case, how come sanchez completion percentage sucked as a rookie was well?

11. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

what the fuck.

you can't be serious.

12. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

Every QB has bad games. Peyton threw three interceptions in one quarter this year. But four straight games with sub 50% completions? That's Tebow territory, but without the wins.

Yeah, but the Broncos actually won that game.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Before the game the Texans said they spent 30-40% of their practice preparing for Tebow. That means a lot of time they weren’t even preparing for Mark. Yet its still sub 50%.

Ask a Sanchez homer to list the good attributes Sanchez has as an NFL QB and marvel at how empty the list is beyond "he won 4 playoff games".

14. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

You guys can stop counting Sanchez's drops as incompletions when I can start counting his third down completions that don't go for first downs as incompletions. Who do you think makes out better on that deal? (PS: The Jets currently rank 26th in the NFL in drops -- meaning 25 teams have more dropped passes on the season)

15. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

You overreacters need to stop crying. So what's everyones solution? Start Tebow? Shit if Sanchez is really this bad (which he's not) we might as well start him for the rest of the season, suck for the rest of the year and go after Geno Smith or another top qb prospect.

Sanchez gives us our best option to win. Our schedule isn't that hard for the rest of the year and we're only one game back. 9-7 and a wildcard berth isn't out of question let the coaching staff and front office make the decisions on who our qb is.
    I thought Sanchez played well yesterday and if JJ Watt didn't go off as much as he did the whole board's attitude would be a lot different today

16. JetsNation06

17. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Wish you could've just led with that, could've saved me 30 seconds.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

How do you know Sanchez give us our best option to win? Have the others already failed?

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It's ok, he says he knows a lot about football

20. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.