Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

link?

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They don't have links in fantasy land. That is not a real story. It would be good for the Jets, but also likely impossible.

3. BleedGreenDaily

He did say that on NFL Live.

4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Who would want to take on Sanchez contract to be a back up? I dont think any team would want him as a starter and I highly doubt they would pick up part of his contact for a back up.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am just saying, that is an idea. A thought. No team in their right mind would do that though. Sanchez will likely be released and if he is not, okay. You don't take on any part of his deal to trade for him though. Not going to happen. No team at the moment would do that. Maybe if your starter and back up both get injured during preseason, but not now.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'd trade Sanchez for negative return value. Just take a little bit of that albatross contract with him

7. BleedGreenDaily

Yes they will hold him b.c say another teams QB gets hurt during off season he becomes someone of interest. If he were to be cut it would not be till after June 1st. (If they were to cut him)

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The locker room will only divide if Sanchez sucks again. Do you really think Mark or Garrard for that matter will not beat a rookie in a WCO?

I see the Jets copying SF on how they brought along Kap with Geno. If Mark/Geno becomes to big of a distraction Mark will be cut.

Here is how I think it may play out. Dave and Mark will battle for the starting Job and which ever one loses will be 2nd string. Geno will be third string most of the year but get in for the Pistol every now and again around the goal line.

Mark will be gone after the season unless he puts up pro-bowl like numbers or makes a play-off run.

Geno starts two ways he earns it in camp and just plays lights out or He plays well enough the Jets are sucking and he finishes out the season.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lockeroom knows they will suck with Sanchez.

I wonder how many prefer to actually go out there with Geno once training camp starts

10. feldspar

feldspar Member

Right, and I'm just saying that's what the Jets might TRY to do. They also TRIED to trade Tebow, and releasing him right after the draft was no coincidence. A team might trade for Sanchez on a restructured deal where the Jets eat the majority of the guaranteed money. It's possible anyway, which is why the idea is out there.

I don't think that will happen either, and Sanchez will likely be released. You just gotta wonder when the Jets will give up all other options and just let him go already. If that's their plan in the first place (to get rid of him), then I wouldn't keep around for too long. That would not be wise.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Certainly it ain't half as dumb as starting a rookie QB and let him suffer for years to come. Sanchez himself will tell you how much that sucks.

I, for one, am against releasing Sanchez. I really hope they let Sanchez play this year. I do not think Garrard can withstand the rigors of a full season on his already broken body. That (= letting Sanchez play this season) can do a few things: 1. it will give you a pretty nice draft position next year. 2. it gives Geno Smith a year to get acclimated to the NFL. 3. it means less cap hit next season as well.

What's not to like in the three options I listed?

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The problem with trading Sanchez, even if the Jets paid all or part of his salary, is the answer to the following question question. Is there a NFL team out there that likes Sanchez better than their number 2 QB? I would argue at this point the answer is no. Its possible that might change with injuries or poor play. But I agree its a long shot that they will find any interest.

13. BleedGreenDaily

BUT there is always a chance of QBs getting hurt in training camp. Then Sanchez starts to look interesting. They will keep him till at least June 1st after that, well he better look like the second coming of god b.c his days are numbered.

14. feldspar

feldspar Member

The fact that Sanchez will play QB for the Jets would be one thing that's not to like. Believe me, the fans will be booing Sanchez and clamoring for Geno Smith every time Sanchez farts into the wind.

A guy that can't handle adversity isn't cut out for the NFL in the first place. That's more of an inbred character trait than anything that can be taught, really. Don't forget that Sanchez declared for the draft early too. We saw how rookie QBs can play last year. And Sanchez was NOT ruined because he started too soon in the NFL. He went to the Championship game in his rookie year. If anything, I think that maybe he got the idea that it was somehow going to be easy after that year and the next, or that others may always be around to pick up his slack.

On the other hand, Geno Smith attempted THREE TIMES as many passes in college than Sanchez did...THREE TIMES as many. He's seen WAY more playing time in college than Sanchez did coming out.

If Garrard's body "is broken," then the Jets wouldn't have signed him. If somebody starts besides Geno, then I don't see that lasting but part of the year anyway...unless that guy is playing well and the team is winning, of course...even then, you may want to start Geno at some point. It all depends on how ready the Jets think Smith is, really. I just think that keeping Sanchez on is too big of a distraction. If the Jets really have little faith in him anymore, what's the point?

It's called due diligence and exploring your options.

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I dont think Sancehz could beat any of the jets QB's in a competition in the WCO. its the worst possible fit for mark. West Coast offense requires accuracy, timing, and good quick decision making. those are Sanchez 3 biggest flaws, and he is among the worst in football when it comes to accuracy and decision making.

I can see garrard and mcelrou both beating out smith however

16. BleedGreenDaily

Sanchez is safe till June 1st after that it the clock starts to tick.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I see very few scenarios in which the Jets don't start Geno Smith for at least 5 or 6 games this season.

If he plays well enough in camp he may earn the starting position.

If Garrard or Sanchez wins the starting position and the Jets are not in the playoff hunt they'll likely insert Smith as soon as that becomes obvious.

The only scenarios in which I see the Jets not inserting Smith are ones where somebody else wins the job in camp and then the Jets beat expectations on the season and are in the playoff hunt for the entire season.

Going into the 2014 draft the Jets would very much like to know if they are looking for a QB. The only way they can know that for sure is if they have gotten a feel for Geno Smith in game situations.

Obviously they are not going to throw away a playoff spot to make that happen if that's the deal. You don't throw away a playoff spot lightly and you definitely don't do it if the Super Bowl is in your home stadium that year.

The Giants threw away a playoff spot in 2004 because they didn't see themselves as a strong contender and Eli Manning was the franchise. Any team that Rex takes into the playoffs is going to be dangerous because of his defense and Geno Smith is not the franchise.

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Depends on how much of the guarentee they pick up. If your only talking 1-2 million that's pretty reasonable. If the Jets are looking for someone to pick up 4-5 million of the money they're going to be in for a very long wait.

It also figures in to compensation, the more money a team picks up the lower the draft compensation..though I don't expect Sanchez go even under the best circumstances to get at the very best a 4th round pick (1 in a million chance)...Most likely the jets would get between a 5th and 6th round pick.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You are 100pct correct.

Idzik, is not going into the season with Garrard and a rookie, while paying the best QB currently on the roster 8 mil to Surf and bang Models.

Suppose Garrard starts, gets you to 6-2, and gets hurt. Sanchez is off the roster, (we have no offset clause btw) and in the midst of a playoff season, youre forced to turn to guy that isnt ready.

Nice way to start a career as a GM.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

How many fucking times does it need to be said.

june 1st is a designation the calendar is immaterial.

you can cut a player now, and desognate him as a June 1 player,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.