Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feldspar

feldspar Member

I agree that the insults go too far sometimes. Those people take the sport too seriously without exception. What they fail to remember is that it's just a game, and Sanchez is just a guy that's trying to do his best. I do agree with that, and it's just common sense. But what you see here on this board is just the nature of the beast, especially in the tough New York market.

I think it's mostly just talk with most people. While they act like they would, I don't think they'd REALLY spit in his face or even do anything out of line if they really encountered Sanchez on the street. For those that WOULD, well, they have serious problems of their own. Sanchez never deliberately played poorly...and if you think that he's actually done something to you personally, then I'd call a head doctor.

Tannenbaum is in his underwear on the coach BECAUSE of things like extending Sanchez. It's pretty simple: you either produce or you don't last. There is a tight window and nobody wants to hear excuses. It's a tough business.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You are clearly out of your mind.
    Those are your game by game grades?? Seriously?

He just put one of the worst years in the history of quarterbacking.
    So bad that comparisons were made to Jamarcus Russell and Stoney Case. STONEY CASE!!!
    So bad that he got benched.
    So bad that fans were screaming for Tebow ... A guy that NOBODY wants as their QB.
    So bad that he was ranked DEAD LAST in the NFL.
    So bad that he was the league leader in turnovers.
    So bad that we brought in a guy who hasn't played in TWO YEARS to challenge him for the job.

And somehow, according to you he only had 4 bad games all year ... And one that was just below average :lol:

You want to explain how that works???

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I stuck by this guy as long as I could and if he starts next yr I will root for him without question. He has let me down time and time again. Prior to 2012 I put it in writing "I think Sanchez will make a lot of ppl look stupid this year" DERP, he made me look like a fucking fool. Im done with this guy, praying to God we start Garrard in 2013.

Sick of the excuses, there is no excuse for poor peripheral vision and lack of anticipation. He cannot simulate plays before they happen.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

still sticking to what i have been saying for a month or so.

counting down to 31 days to no mo sancho

5. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Keep him or cut him. He gets paid either way.

Time has shown his weaknesses.

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

this. every word.

7. truthbtold

So much of this is ridiculous, I could type all day, but I'll just pick one game that sticks out like a sore thumb ...

How in the world was the Jax game average? Are you kidding??

He completed 12 passes for 111 yards ... In a game where the coaches were clearly terrified to let him throw a forward pass ... And this is average in your world?

I assume you and Cval have watched other NFL games. Do you not see what other offenses around the league are doing?? Our "Franchise QB" passes for 111 yards ... AND LESS THAN 85 YARDS all game until he hit Cumberland long with 2 minutes left!... And you're calling this an average performance. SMH.

111 passing yards, in a passing league .... By a 4 year starter, Drafted #5 overall. "Average" performance in Jacksonville ... Holy shit ... If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what will.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know how else you could describe that game. Did you watch it? You can't say he played bad. He was handcuffed, not asked to do much, and the Jets won.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Dude, he was handcuffed for a reason. Did you see the week prior vs AZ?! Throwing off his back foot into triple coverage? They took the handcuffs off @TEN, they could've ran ran ran and won the game! They threw, they gave Sanchez a chance to win the game and he SHIT THE BED and ended our season!

10. The Dark Knight

That does not matter. The poster was criticizing how that game was graded average for Sanchez. I am saying he went 12 for 19, 0TD, 0INT and the Jets won 17-10 vs. a bad team. Can you say he played bad in that game? Can you say he played good? No, so the average grade was fine. AZ and TEN games were graded terrible, as they should be.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I think he was referring to average as in average for Sanchez ;)

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

this is getting to the root of the matter.

We shouldn't ACCEPT a QB being handcuffed as a good thing.

we won the game. yippie skippy.

but we shouldn't HAVE to do it on the back of limiting our supposed franchise Quarterback.

almost every QB (nearly every other one who started the same number of games as Mark) is better than he is. Why are we accepting that fact as something thats okay as long as we barely squeak by against easy opponents?

That was my last straw with him, it dawned on me, why should I hope a Qb that is making enough rookie mistakes to earn him some handholding in his 4th year continues as our man behind center?

I do not want to accept mediocrity. I don't want a Qb that has to be withheld from throwing to succeed.

OC and supporting cast be damned, we shouldn't need the god damn stars to align to have a good QB.

thats what frustrates me so much about him. i don't hate the man, I don't wish him ill I just wish he wasn't on our roster.

I won't accept a sucky Qb that can be good sometimes. nor am I seeking perfection. consistency, reliability, thats what I want, i don't feel it with him.

13. truthbtold

Of course I watched the game ... And I just looked it up to check myself.
    He completed a 37 yard pass on his last attempt with 2:56 left in the game.
    That means for the first 57 minutes of the game he gave us 11-18 for 74 yards.
    That's an embarrassing, anemic, pathetic 4.1 YPA for every other pass he attempted during the game.

Are you really going to tell us that performance was "average" for a starting NFL QB in 2012? Average for who?? Are we supposed to give him a cookie now for not throwing multiple INT's in a game? It's far below average ... It's complete and total garbage. If we had a quality NFL QB, do you really think we'd be sitting on 74 passing yards in ANY game with 3 minutes to go?

He's a bad quarterback who can't even be trusted by his own coaching staff to throw a forward pass anymore. If you looked at those numbers and you didn't know the game was played in Florida, you would think there must have been a blizzard that day ... Or you were looking at a box score from 1930. What a disaster.

#7493 truthbtold, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Then the rating should be N/A, since he did fuckall. Im quite sure with how his season was going he'd have pissed that one away too. That was the worst stretch of games in his incredibly unimpressive career.

Sick of the "big game" label. Firstly, all games are big and important, and he had the training wheels on in the "big" games as is. We'll have to agree to disagree.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I have a hunch that Sanchez will end up re-structuring (amicable) and end up leaving us before TC

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

restructuring to where he only gets his guarantee and we let his ass go

17. The Dark Knight

Again, I think people are getting confused on my views of Sanchez in this thread. All I have ever tried to say is you can't put all the blame on Sanchez that fans have for 2011 and 2012. Especially 2012. We can't get caught up talking about an unwatchable Jaguars game from last year. People want him off the roster. To me, he should be on the roster and have a chance to compete with Garrard and Smith. I think Sanchez would win that training camp battle. If he doesn't, then good. May the best QB win. I just want the Jets to win. If Rex/Idzik feels someone besides Sanchez gives them that chance, then good.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

why would he do that? so he can get released and lose money?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Sanchez thinks he has a potential berth on another roster with a fresh start then he might actually agree to a pay cut in return for his release so that he could go pursue that offer.

I also think it is possible that Idzik has been telling us the truth all along and that he's planning to have Sanchez in camp as part of the competition.

And then there's the unceremonious dump after June 1st scenario.

I think we won't know what's going to happen until everything has played out. There is certainly no incentive for the Jets to cut Sanchez right now. They probably want to see him drill a bit in the WCO in the OTA's and have him in the classroom with Geno Smith while prepping for that event.

20. feldspar

feldspar Member

What I hear (I think from Adam Schefter) is that the Jets want to trade Sanchez, and they just want the trading team to pick up part of Sanchez's guaranteed money this year. I could see how this might actually happen. That would be better for the Jets than just flat-out releasing him...they would get at least SOME financial relief.

This Jets circus needs to end, and I think that having Sanchez on the team at this point would be too big of a distraction, especially now that they have Geno Smith on the roster. If Sanchez were to actually start instead of Smith, expect a media blitz worse than Tebowmania...that says a LOT. Then there is the potential of a divided lockerroom, which the Jets can ill-afford at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.