Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I agree with what you're saying in general. I just don't think it is relevant to the Sanchez discussion. It isn't just fickle fans that realize he is a bad QB. It is well respected members of this forum. It is people who break down game tape. So it seems that because you don't agree with them that you are lumping them in with the lot of mindless fans who lament letting Danny Woodhead go and shit like that.

IMO there is no such thing as a Sanchez "hater" except for the ones who say dumb things like they'd rather lose without him than win with him. There are plenty of respected posters on this forum who evaluate Sanchez' performance with respect to situation/context/injuries,etc and still think he is a bum. They would like for him to bounce back, but recognize it is very unlikely.

It is unfair for you to keep pretending that your way of looking at it is "right", as if that even exists within opinionated discussion, and that all these other members just are being lazy fans. You don't know if they are watching the games any more than they know how you come to your opinion.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well even back when many were anointing sanchize i had some doubts.

to me at least, from day one, he couldn't make the most basic NFL style throws with consistency. u have to be almost perfect with ur outs, screens, back-shoulders, etc etc.

couple that with his clumsy footwork and less than average feel for a collapsing NFL pocket.

i remember comparing him to ken obrien - another california product with clumsy feet and less than average pocket presence - who had 2-3 very good statisitical years for the jets only to fall victim to an abysmal OL, poor offensive philosophy, and terrible drafts.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Look what the Dolphins are doing for Tannehill that is what you do for your Franchise QB especially one with limited starts in college you give him weapons you do not take them away.

Sanchez will be a good QB with some adequate weapons.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't care who says it(who are the guys breaking down film?), if people cannot look at the circumstances of last year they aren't being fair, I have never said mark is a lock to be a good player again but to throw him out based on last year is idiotic. No QB would have succeeded w/ the healthy weapons we had, we stunk for many more reasons than how bad our QB was and it is hard to win in January, not many QBs step up. We have won that has and is still young- why would we want to give up on him already? It makes no sense, yes there are questions he needs to answer w/ his play on the field but it is asinine to write him off already.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Way back when two years ago. Sanchez is only going into his fifth season and I am not sure you can even actually count last year.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

no, i was referring to from the start, 2009.

in 09/10 he was able to mix in good throws and overcome the poor ones. a better OL, WR's and running game was a big part of that as well.

take away the latter and ur left with an exposed QB who, along with the entire offense, put in some very poor performances the last 2 years.

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Only his 5th year? LOL! That is nearly half of most QBs careers. Sanchez has only proven that he can win if everything around him is perfect. A great line, a great defense and a great running game. I.E Sanchez has proven that he can ride with a team. He has never proven that he can drive a team. When he has been asked to, he has failed miserably. He has proven what he can't do the last 2 years. We are not going to have the kind of team we had in '09 and '10 for a long time, so why do I want Sanchez when he didn't even do great when everything around him was much better.

8. nyjunc

I don't like the Kolb rumblings, I know mark is better but Kolb has expeirence w/ MM and that could be big as far as him being our starter.

9. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

#Jets sr. personnel exec Terry Bradway at WVU pro day, watching Geno Smith. Per @ByJimCorbett, Smith went 60/64 in pass drill, with 2 drops.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol did you even read my post or was that an autoresponse? You claim to like debate yet you didn't really respond to anything you just regurgitated your usual defense of Mark Sanchez.

I guess I'll go back to reading your posts, snorting, and moving along. Sure would be nice if you understood this game.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Everything around him was never perfect they were adequate and he performed as a rookie and second year QB. He was stepping up 2011 until he got killed by WFH.

Last year like I said can you count it? Mark played as up to his draft potential for two and half years and brought us to two AFCC which we have not been to in how long? How far did Brett Favre get us?

He is still very young and green and can still get better. For the first time yes for the first time in his career he has a proven OC that has delivered top ten offenses.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

cval he was inconsistent at best his second year, he was at worst a rookie and a rookie in both of those years. he was given very little room to fuck up. and still managed to do it far more often than necessary.

when they actually asked him to be a qb he failed, then he failed again this year. he has never shown the ability to be a decent qb. he has been a decent game manager who turned the ball over at an exorbinant rate(for a real qb, not for a game manager who should really never turn the ball over).

thats his ceiling. he hit it, then people figured his game out and he couldnt adjust. now he is no good. if he wasnt going to cost 17 mill to cut he would have been gone already. and he will be gone if not june 1 then the day next season ends.

13. nyjunc

I get bored around the 2nd sentence of your long winded, uninformed posts. Sorry about that.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Again BS people didn't figure out his game he just lost the people that can help in his game. Do we have to continue to post the receivers he was throwing to. These guys are not NFL receivers people did not figure out Sanchez he had horrible play callers and horrible receivers. To complete a pass he had to throw into coverage because the play designs were so bad or the routes run were horrible.

There is a reason teams with pro-bowl QB are still adding top receivers. Welker anyone? Please tell me what team had a worse receiving core than the jets last year?

Mark is not a runner so if you are expecting him run like Kap or RG3 (which covers a lot of their weeaknesses) you better surround your QB with a good line good receivers and pass catching RB. Mark has had none of that.

15. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

He had the #1 ranked rushing offense and #1 ranked defense in 2009. He had the #3 and #4 rushing offense and defense in 2010. That is a recipe for success for most QBs.

I don't want to hear the performing as a rookie and 2nd year QB excuse. The Steelers had the #2 rushing offense and #1 defense in 2004 and went 14-1 and made it to the AFC Championship game with a rookie QB.

In 2005 they had the #4 defense and a #5 rushing offense and won a Super Bowl with a 2nd year QB.

Mark was not stepping up in 2011. Most could see that despite his numbers he had regressed from 2010. Yes, I can count 2012. I saw the same dumb mistakes I saw his first 3 years when things around him were much better. I don't care who is playing receiver. We could have wide open guys and watch Sanchez do a double pump fake and toss the ball up for grabs. The receiver didn't cause him to run into his own lineman's butt either. I can still evaluate Sanchez when things around him are not great.

It is likely that Sanchez will be the starting QB this year so all of you Sanchez fan boys will get your wish of giving him another chance. I'm sure we will hear more excuses for him when the Jets finally realize what most of us already know.

16. nyjunc

Stop w/ the rankings, in 2010 our D was up and down and our run game was average

Pitt in 2004 lost the title game at HOME and saw ben throw FIVE INTs in the 2 playoff games(both at home), Mark has thrown 3 in 6 road playoff games and hasn't been the reason we lost a playoff game yet.

In 2005 they had a nice run, a play here or there and we have the same run.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Can we get rid of this guy so Junc will endlessly defend the next guy....

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This has been the same argument revolving for about 20 pages now, at least it's on one topic now.

19. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Gross......

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So, well respected members of this forum, get it. More than Boomer Esiason, and Phil Simms?

Boomers quote was it would be IMPOSSIBLE for any QB to succeed given the level of offensive UNCOORDINATION.

The caps are the exact words he used when the question was posed.

Coming from a guy that had Everett McIver installed at left tackle against Bruce Smith, in McIvers first start.

I'll take Booomers word for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.