Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Because it's not. Nobody would like a team name that was Washington Palefaces, Honkies or Yellowskins. Those are terms that one group places on another group.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I know Big Ben just walked right out after losing to the Cowboys...

3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

You realize when you are talking about Arizona you are talking about backup QB's that were plugged in when the starter was hurt right?

Kevin Kolb, the starting Arizona QB (before he was injured) had 8 tds with 3 ints and 2 fumbles with an 86.1 QB rating in 6 games before he got hurt. That's the QB the Arizona Cardinals went into the season with. The QB that had the benefit of training camp in Arizona.

Mark Sanchez, the Jets starting QB has 13 tds with 17 ints and 12 fumbles with a rating of 67.9 over 14 games. That's the QB the Jets went into the season with. The QB that had the "benefit" of training camp in New York.

As far as your contention that Sanchez has "chemistry" with the team, maybe you missed the team going wild during the Arizona game when Sanchez was finally pulled and the loadstone was removed off their shoulders.

The fact that there are people out there who still think that Sanchez is capable of playing QB in the NFL is an indictment on our entire society.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

And I can understand why someone might feel that way. I disagree, but I understand.

Perhaps it has to do with me being a Scout in my younger days, and there's a a lot of American Indian reverence, so to speak, involved with that ?

5. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Things is Sanchez isn't even that nice.
    He tries to appear "nice" but that's about it.

He's always been a little shifty. Like when he was arrested at USC for sexual assault.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think the Jets are stuck with Sanchez, I think they're going to be very cap-constrained next year as a result of dealing with getting rid of him.

The fans will sort of be able to accept a rebuilding year as long as they don't hate the guy playing QB for the Jets. That means we probably get to see a vet free agent playing QB, someone like Matt Hasselbeck who will be fairly cheap, while the Jets figure out what to do at QB long-term.

Whether the Jets choose to take a sliding Matt Barkley or not they're very unlikely to rush him out on the field to great fanfare. They're not going to repeat the same mistake that they are paying in blood for now.

It's pretty obvious at this point that bringing Sanchez back would be a thumb in the eye of the fans and Woody is a lot smarter than that.

7. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I think if developed correctly...he is capable of being a top 15-20 QB in the league. But it isn't gonna be here

8. Demosthenes9

My professor was an idiot :) Not sure which wave she was. Guess it didn't help that the title of my speech was "How The Left Stole Feminism: And How They are Harming Women Today" ? :)

As you can probably guess, I didn't get an "A" in that class.

9. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

ehhh Idk about that one. How many celebrities are accused of sexual assault with no evidence.. A college campus and you are a QB for USC... Girl gets a little drunk.. There is nothing 'shifty' about sanchez. He is a good person. He can't handle what it takes to be a qb in NY

10. The_Fan

The_Fan New Member

Hasselbeck isn't leaving his job as a NFL live analyst at ESPN to come play for the Jets. Last time he threw the ball was back in 07.

Barkley is another overrated USC qb, and it would be really stupid for the Jets to yet go for another overrate USC qb who is mediocre at best

#4250 The_Fan, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Id root for any one of these teams over a team that has Mark Sanchez as their starting QB, no matter what they called themselves.

12. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

This made me laugh out loud.

13. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Shows poor judgement. Which Sanchez seems to have perfected on the field years later.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hasselbeck is the backup QB for the Titans. He started 5 games this year when Locker was hurt.

15. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

1) Arizona has more weapons than the Jets (albeit the worst O-Line in the league)(and not that it matters, I just hate comparing raw numbers without context)
    2) Kolb is still garbage, we're just comparing rotten apples to rotten oranges.
    3) He's capable of filling a spot on the QB depth chart.

16. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Well the name Mark Sanchez itself is highly offensive at this point. It fills me with anger just hearing his name and seeing his "poor me" face.

17. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

That is awesome right there. Is there like a petition I can sign so we can officially make Mark Sanchez's nickname The Loadstone?

18. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

[​IMG] I can imagine it now. *melody* You're a mean one....

19. The_Fan

The_Fan New Member

LOL sorry I forgot about Matt Hasselbeck. I was thinking about Tim Hasselbeck.

Idk why Jets would want old washed up QBs. At that point you are better off with McNabb then. But Jets need to look forward with fresh new talent.

Go after Kirk Cousins of Redskins or 2nd round pick Landry Jones from OU or perhaps Ryan Nassid from Syracuse

20. Demosthenes9

Question is, if you go the draft route, with the upcoming draft being devoid of real talent, do you "waste" a 2nd round pick on the QB just because you need one ? Or sign a placeholder for a year and hope that someone like Luck/RG3 comes out in the next draft ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.