Sanchez considered not good enough by rest of the league?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, May 9, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It will be great when the Jets win a SuperBowl and the 'but the Jets haven't won anything' excuse can be buried

2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

you said they had nothing to play for, which is false. they had everything to play for until they they realized that atl was not gonig to lose, in the fourth quarter. like you said, at that point it was a close game, that tampa was winning

freeman led his team to the go-ahead score against detroit with less than two minutes left. is it his fault their D couldnt hold the lions? he played a great game and didnt see the ball in OT

and those TEAM wins are great for the jets, and sanchez has played very well in those big games too ... but youre acting like freeman is the reason tampa isnt beating good teams when, in fact, hes the only reason they were able to be compeitive against some good teams

we had games where we scored 9, 0, 6 and 3 ... be real

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

unfortunately it won't be buried until we actually win a division or a superbowl. When you think about it, all we really have done is have success in the postseason (where it counts!) but we haven't done enough in the regular season to get us over the hump and a bye (or at least a home playoff game) in the postseason. If we can accomplish that this year, I think we will be in great shape.

Hopefully we can accomplish one this year... It would be great to accomplish both, but if at the end of the day, we can only win the super bowl everybody will be just fine with it.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If they had everything to play for why in a 7 pt game in the 4th qtr after getting a TO in TB territory did they take Brees out? That doesn't sound like a team that had everything to play for to me.

The chances of Atl losiing to carolina were incredibly slim, they knew going into that game against TB that they were going to be a WC team. You can make all the excuses you want but w/ postseason on the line(a much better chance to make it) they couldn't beat the Lions at home. QB is about winning not about #s.

Freeman is why they were competitive against good teams? Considering that against Pitt, NO(the one where NO didn't pull Brees), Atl twice and Bal they lost by an AVERAGE of 13 PPG I would say they weren't that competitive against top teams.

They lost by 25 to Pitt(w/o Ben)- never competitive
    They lost by 25 to NO- never competitive
    They lost 27-21 at Atl- they were down 27-14 late in the 3rd, the ensuing KO was returned for a TD to cut it to 27-21 and they lost 27-21.
    They lost 17-10 to Baltimore. They were down 17-3 until 3 mins left in the game.

The only competituve game they played againsta top team was vs. Atlanta where they had a 24-14 lead w/ 10 mins to play in the 4th and lost 28-24. A game that was sealed by a late Freeman INT deep in Atl territory.

5. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

no, statistically Freeman has outplayed him, this is based on individual performance not team performance, if Mark wants to make the list he'll have to decrease his ints.

6. jetsons

not sure, the WINNINGEST FRANCHISE IN Sports History would tend to disagree w/you.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Stat line wise, that is true.

The intangibles are something you either have or you don't.

Tampa had playoff crushing losses to the Falcons and Lions towards the end of the season.

While Mark has come up big WHENEVER we needed him to.

While they do have the same amount of 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives, Mark's have been in bigger situations (playoffs), and against MUCH better teams.

2 playoff GW drives AT San Diego, and AT Indy.

Out-dueled one of the best QBs ever, and that dude with mouthes for eyes.

8. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Too bad that's not going to happen since Fat coaches never win...

:finssuck:

9. All Gas No Shake

so they played their starters until the fourth, but werent really playing? is that what youre saying?? they played hard until that atl-car game was out of reach and then they brought in the reserves ... if youre not playing for anything then why play drew bress at all?

the lions game is not an excuse, football is a team sport, how do you not comprehend that? he drove his team to the go ahead score and didnt see the ball for the rest of the game ... that is far from his fault

yes, the first two good teams they played they were blown out, but they got better as the season went on ... i said they were competitive against some good teams (n.o., atl x2, balt, which was a one score game with 5 minutes left, not 3) and they were, for the most part, because of freeman

10. jetsons

I agree, I wouldn't trade Mark for Freeman, I think Mark has what it takes to succeed in NY which is TOTALLY different than succeeding in Tampa Bay...like the song says...if you can make there, you can make it anywhere.

11. nyjunc

Down 7 w/ the ball in TB territory they pulled Brees- that is all we really need to know. I don't recall all the tiebreakers but the only way they had a chance was if Atl lost to Carolina and NO beat TB. Atl led 21-0 by halftime and that game was over. NO KNEW there was very little chance to win and they took that mindset into the game.

His job is to win, he failed to do so vs. a 6-10 team at home in the biggest game of their season.

They played competitively against a top team ONCE(vs. Atl) and in that game they blew a 10 ot 4th qtr lead.

Again, I really like Freeman and think he will be very good but I don't care what the stats say I know sanchez was better last season.

12. All Gas No Shake

if the game was so insignificant then why play brees so much? you cant answer that because they approached that game trying to win and were in a competitive game

LOL you cant be serious, everyones job is to win ... but i guess freeman is supposed to line up at DE after he puts his team ahead to get the strip sack and enure victory

youre the first person to say our defense isnt all that because of all the leads they blew, and then you turn around and blame freeman for his defense blowing a lead

if the tampa-baltimore game wasnt competitive then i guess we werent competitive in the afc title game, either ... and i guess needing a goaline stand to win, like the falcons needed in the first "uncompetitive" matchup, means you walked all over a team

translation: when presented with refuting opinions, i go back to sticking my head in the sand

13. nyjunc

He was REMOVED during the game donw by 7 w/ the ball in TB territory. That is all we need to know. They had a very remote chance of winning the division which is hy they started him, they expected he wouldn't finish the game b/c they knew Carolina was not beating Atlanta.

QBs are judged by wins and losses not fantasy #s. He obviously didn't lead them to enough points at home in the biggest Bucs game in 3 years. he had the ball in his hands down 3 w/ a 1st and 10 from the Det 15. They settled for a FG. This was detroit's first road win in 3 years!

I didn't blame Freeman for blowing the 10 pt lead though I simply said they blew a 10 pt lead then he threw an INT to seal the game deep in Atl territory.

Tampa had 3 pts on the board until the final 3 mins. They scored a late TD to make that score look closer but it was 17-3 at the half and bal had a 14 pt lead through most of the 2nd half.

The first Atl game was competitive mainly b/c of a KR TD, Freeman had multiple chances to win that game in the 4th down only 4 and he failed to do so.

You haven't presented anything other than the first Atl game was competitive(my mistake on that one but they needed a KR TD to make it competitive). I haven't bashed Freeman but he didn't beat a single quality team(that was playing for something) all season and got beat up against the better teams. You act like he was great all year b/c you just use fantasy #s to evaluate rather than seeing how these players do when it matters most and against the best competition.

14. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Sanchez plays for a coach with a huge personality and for a team known first and foremost for their defense. It could take some time for him to get his due. Be patient... it's only been two seasons.

15. ........

........ Trolls

This is ridiculous. Freeman has better numbers, sure, but he's not a proven winner at any level. He had one winning season at K-State, at 7-6. He took his team *close* to the playoffs this season, but he was terrible until the emergence of Legarrette Blount (2-0 on the backs of Cleveland and Carolina). I don't see how you can possibly say he has a higher ceiling than Sanchez, who came in as raw as a 1st round pick gets and has led us to two AFC Championship game appearances. Like I said, Freeman's two advantages have been statistics and consistency. Sanchez has outperformed him when it counts.

Arrelious Benn sure as hell didn't play like a 1st round talent last season; Mike Williams did, but he wasn't a 1st rounder. You're a fool if you think Freeman had weapons just as good as the ones Sanchez had around him.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

will Brady be narrating?

17. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Fuck 'em...who really gives a shit. Are we really judging QBs on stats now? What is this, baseball?

18. All Gas No Shake

so NO had a chance at the division, removed brees while losing the game in the fourth quarter and im supposed to believe that game wasnt a legit competition?

false ... they had the ball TIED and settled for a go-ahead FG, their D then allowed detroit to come down and score ... freeman didnt see the ball for the rest of the game

do i need to bring up the number of time sanchez and this O has settled for FGs?

my point about blowing leads was in reference to the lions game

three minutes and two timeouts (+ 2 minute warning) is plenty of time but you need a defense capable of making a stop

the jets had one of the best kick returners in the league last year, and that return game kept us is in many games, the fact remains that it was a competitive game

i presented the saints game and the ravens game ... but theyre not competitive games because, according to you, the saints pulled brees in the fourth quarter of a tight game (because the saints were just dominating until that point :rolleyes:) and 3+ minutes is kneel down time

if you read my initial post you would see the criteria i used had little do do with what could be considered fantasy numbers

19. nyjunc

The mindset of a team heading into a game like that is very different than knowing if they win they win the division. It was going to take a miracle for NO to have a chance.

Bring up the # of times Sanchez failed in a spot like that please? Atlanta as rookie? That's about it.

He had a chance to win the lions game, he didn't have tos ettle for a FG but he did and they lost.

14-0, 17-7, 24-14 and 27-14 does not sound like the most competitive game. The KR made it competitive but again he had the ball in his hands w/ a chance to win and failed.

The Saints pulled one of the best QBs in the league down 7 after a TO in TB territory- what more needs to be explained about this?

The Bal game they were down 17-3 most of the 2nd half, they scored very late to make it look closer than it was.

You can believe what you want to belive. to you they beat top teams and Freeman is already great but the facts don't support that theory. Like I said earlier I do like Freeman and would have been happy if we drafted him if we didn't get sanchez but there's no doubt in my mind mark was better last year despite the lesser #s. Beating up nothing but bad teams and struggling against top teams didn't impress me.

Against top teams(Pitt, Atl 2x, 1st NO game, Bal):

Freeman: 92-171, 941 yds, 5 TDs, 4 INTs, 69.8 rating. Led O to 13 PPG, 0-5

Against top teams(NE 3x, Bal, Pitt 2x, GB, Chi):

Sanchez:

143-246, 1580 yds, 9 TDs, 6 INTs, 79.3 rating. Led O to 17 PPG, 3-5 record

20. All Gas No Shake

i thought you didnt care about fantasy numbers?

i never stated that tampa has defeated top teams, i said they were competitive with some of the top teams they played last year after YOU made it seem like they were blown out of every game ... you either cant read well or youre intetionally putting words into my mouth, either way im done with ya