Saleh postgame presser-He needs to go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 17, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

uhh you mentioned you heard it on this broadcast. I wasn't asking you about every broadcast or even any other broadcast.

If you dont have an answer its okay, it just seemed like you knew what you were talking about but I guess not

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the commentators mentioned it.
    it was after this play
    to me it was obvious he suffered a head injury. I think they mentioned it a 2nd time when he came back out. i'd have to go rewatch it
    believe what you want, but at the end of the day it's not the jets doctors responsibility anymore to pull players for concussions/head trauma. it's all handled independently since the new NFLPA agreement not sure how you don't know this already. it's common knowledge to anyone who watches the NFL

3. BrowningNagle

no it’s not common knowledge and it’s actually not even a correct statement. The team doctors and trainers play an important role in the in-game concussion protocol process. The UNCs are not the only responsible parties

For the future, when you make an assumption it’s okay but you tend to present them as facts, which is strange

SOJAZ and Ralebird like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

didn't assume. (but you sure just did) just went back and watched it (really easy to do BTW if you don't believe me and took all of 5 mins)
    21:15 mark on the DVR version of the game through YTTV. after wilson came back on the field when mia scored the TD after the fumble. sideline reporter tracy wilson reported in and said "jim as you mentioned, zach wilson he hit his head on the fumble, went into the blue tent, he was briefly looked at by the independent neurologist and he was cleared and they gave him helmet and as you can see he's back out there"

so am i gonna get an apology here or what? not holding my breathe.

5. BrowningNagle

I don’t have a DVR version of the game

what do you want an apology for? I was asking you questions. You sure are sensitive

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

how about not an apology but admitting i was in fact 100% right and didn't assume anything.
    maybe you should get it. then you can watch the games and not make assumptions.
    you assumed the jets doctors cleared him i said it was the independent doctor, i said they said it on TV and you said they didn't. took me 5 mins to prove you wrong

7. BrowningNagle

No, I never said you were wrong about that. And I never said the Jets cleared him ever, clearly they didn’t. Read again

Ralebird likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

you asked where I got it. I said during the game it was announced and then you played the whole by who and when nonsense. any normal person would have accepted it. just because you didn't hear it, doesn't mean others didn't. it was a perfectly reasonable exchange until that point but you had to go be a dick about it because you have a bad memory or can't pay attention to anything. then when I pointed out exactly when it was said, who said it, and what they said verbatim you still couldn't just say "ok guess i missed it" like a normal human being.

9. BrowningNagle

no, you answered by telling me about every game and every broadcast. It was weird, you didn’t answer the question until I asked again

10. GasedAndConfused

because some of this stuff is just blatantly obvious, happens every game to every team, and really shouldn't have to be explained. notice how you are the only one who questions it? anyone who watches football knows this. your answers/questions read like you don't watch anything and just look at the box score the next morning. it's like saying the QB throws a pass and you are like prove it, QBs don't throw passes. when and where did it happen.

11. BrowningNagle

I think most people just ignore your silly posts to be honest but if you wanna think I’m the only one that “questions” it and they trust it, you can take it that way

Section 336 and REVISion like this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Just because it is the job of the NFL to spot concussions, it doesn't take away the responsibility from the team doctors to act if something is wrong with a player. They mishandled this situation as well.

ColoradoContrails and Ralebird like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

FWIW: With 1:03 left in the first half Siemian took the field and Wilson was shown heading for the locker room.

With 18 seconds left in the half Tracy Wolfson reported she was told he went in early to get hydrated and she would check with Saleh on the way in after the half for an update.

Following the second half kickoff, before the Jets took over Wolfson reported that when she talked to Saleh at the end of the first half he did not know if Wolfson would return.

With 13:02 left in the third quarter, Wolfson reported the Jets informed her Wilson was out with a head injury but was not in the concussion protocol.

I can think of no one not connected with the Jets who would give Wolfson reportable information that Wilson was dehydrated. That leads me to believe that the Jets organization was responsible for any talk of dehydration. It was also the Jets organization that reported a head injury that was not a concussion. Only later in the game was it announced that Wilson is in the concussion protocol.

So in reference to @REVISion

Yeah Zach is in concussion protocol. Example 13981239812931938 of this team's bizarre handling of injuries.​

and @jets_fan

The NFL needs to investigate the Jets for their handling of injuries. ​

How you get from Zach being dehydrated to now he's concussed is just bizarre in the most friendly interpretation of what happened.
    Yeah, you guys are all over this - I wonder if we'll be hearing from the league? Either the Jets diagnosis program is flawed or their reporting process is. Maybe it's okay to feed BS to the media but not to the NFL - we'll see.

That said, I hope we don't get another couple of dozen posts about the CBA, independent onlookers and what goes on in and around that funny little tent; or what somebody here fantasizes is going on.

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

They’re more like post game de-pressers.

Imagine a compilation of jump cuts to Salah/Gase/Bowles most common post game presser comments.

In case anyone has forgotten, with an all time record of 9-7, Albert Michael Groh II has the second best win percentage of all time amongst New York Jets head coaches.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

thanks for the information there. What happened with Wilson was certainly abnormal

Ralebird likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

because not everything needs a reply. especially something obvious. i'm willing to bet you are on ignore more then anyone else here. the massive amounts of PMs i get from people saying "just ignore him he's an idiot" would prove otherwise.
    the reality is, most people don't want to deal with your shit so they just ignore you because they know you'll bitch out on them and it's not worth the headache

17. GasedAndConfused

if the independent doctor cleared a player and the player says he's fine there is no reason for the team docs to check him.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I usually skip them because it's not worth reading a giant block of poorly punctuated lower case text just to learn that the author couldn't follow string of logic if there was a gun to his head.

But occasionally I see something extra dumb and have to respond.

SOJAZ, BrowningNagle and REVISion like this.
  19. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Massive amounts? So you're saying that a majority of the 12 people here PM you about another user?

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Heed your own words G&C.

To use a time worn phrase: "You can't see the forest for the trees". Well, when you're trying to get people to see the Big Picture (the forest), it doesn't help to bury them in details (trees). Lord knows I'm not the briefest of posters, but I frankly have stopped even reading most of your replies.

SOJAZ and REVISion like this.