Saleh postgame presser-He needs to go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I believe he just turned 40...

The_Darksider likes this.
  2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

If you go to an 'athletic' post, immediately click into "reader" mode, in your web browser. Works for me every time... for now, as I'm seeing some news organizations (the NY Times for one) wising up, & only allowing part of a story before cutting it.
    Try this, & immediately click into "reader mode" once the page loads...

https://theathletic.com/5144572/2023/12/17/jets-dolphins-shutout-zach-wilson-robert-saleh/

3. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Lol and 1 on of those December/Jan wins was last week. The other against the Urban Meyer Jaguars coached by Middleton.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Rex was an excellent defensive coach.
    It’s a no brainer to put Sauce on Waddle no help, freeing up another defender while negating the other teams best threat.
    Would have helped the run D quite a bit.

But when the offense is THIS bad, it wouldn’t have mattered.
    Hackett, the QB position, the entire Oline, and Lazard are all major problems.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

THIS.

6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Honestly we should bring in Flores and cut bait with Saleh. He won’t be a YES man. And the defense would just as good.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sooner or later the W/L record is gonna catch up with Douglas & Co.

Even a senile Woody will get fed up... ala Leon Hess.

SOJAZ, Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

saleh is a good d coach

joe d is an F made a bottom 5 offense worse

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course you can blame him, you have to - Hackett works for Saleh. That means Saleh is responsible for everything Hackett does or doesn't do. The coaching buck starts and stops with Saleh. The head coach sets the standards and the direction for everyone on the team, including coaches. If something's not working, it's Saleh's responsibility to get it turned around; the other coaches are Saleh's tools to get it done. How often have we seen changes called for during the game and nothing is changed? That's on Saleh.

burf, SOJAZ, Borat and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

For now, the question is not who can fix the whole mess, just do a better job than what's going on now. It's like being in a group chased by a grizzly; you don't need to be faster than the grizzly, just faster than the slowest guy out there. Today that guy is Robert Saleh.

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They're wasting Garrett's talents. Saleh needs to go. No way on earth he should return. What possible reason should the owner bring him back? What is his selling point for getting another year? Better yet if he were a man of character her would just quit and I mean quit right after the plane ride home.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah I was confused by this, like so he doesn’t have a concussion but he’s dehydrated? Just odd.

Also with regards to Sauce, listen this scheme and staff doesn’t want their corners traveling and to be fair, Reed has been just as good as Sauce has been so complaining about why Sauce didn’t move with Waddle is just to complain. And MC2 has been excellent in the slot. Reed just got beat today.

ouchy, SOJAZ and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  13. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Flores is going to have options. I think hiring Fangio or Schwartz and partnering them with Rodgers could be interesting. Those are two guys who would jump at the opportunity and would be easy to fire after a year if it didn’t work out.

Saleh to me is addition by subtraction.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Another defensive coach... no thanks.

15. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

What offensive coach is going to want to come here knowing they need to keep Hackett around for as long as Rodgers is here. Like it or not Rodgers wants Hackett so he’s not going anywhere.

16. dawinner127

Then you run it back with everyone and watch the world burn next year.

EDIT

I actually don't think this job is as bad as it may seem if you clean house.

You have a chance to win right away with Rodgers and this defense and will have a top 7 pick. Maybe you can get 2 years out of Rodgers and you can do a competitive rebuild somewhat like mike maccagnan tried to do. Maccagnan just picked the wrong players back in 2015 and 2016.

17. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

It’s a bad job because you are tied to a 40 year old QB who wants to run his playbook and do things his way. No coach with any other options is going to sign up for that.

Rodgers talks a big game, but the sad reality is that he couldn’t get another job in this league. There isn’t another franchise who would sign up to be the Jets situation.

JETFUEL1580 and Cman68 like this.
  18. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Very much true.

19. dawinner127

Lol yeah talk about hyperbole. Not even sure why I'm responding to this bait reply, but I'll bite.

If the job opened up, it's probably the 3rd best job after Chicago and LA. You are competing for the playoffs with Rodgers for 1-2 years then get to mold the franchise into what you want with a young QB. You are in New York and Jason from OTC has said he thinks the Jets can get up to $90m in FA money. I think $90 is a little high, but $65-70 is in play. An offensive mind can hire some veteran DC to coach the defense kind of like Fangio in Miami is doing.

20. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Nothing better represents Saleh's head coaching than the hard knocks clip of him addressing the team with the false story about how crows attack eagles and eagles just climb until the crow can't breathe.
    Probably googled "motivational poster" while the majician was doing his tricks on AROD, and didn't even check to see if the meme he pulled up was 100 percent bullshit (which it is!).