Saleh postgame presser-He needs to go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 17, 2023.

1. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Cleveland is 9-5 with a backup QB (signed off the street) and a banged up OL. They have an elite defense (one that really is elite). How can Saleh make an argument to ownership that they should be 4 games better than the Jets?

2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Probably the most practical reason not to fire Saleh is because there will be too many HC vacancies this offseason for the Jets to compete and get a decent one-- I don't think the Jets as a franchise (ownership, lineage, location due to weather and taxes and "other" NY team), or as a team (roster, cap situation, AROD being dominant player/personality) are an attrative HC opportunity.

The_Darksider likes this.
  3. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

So hire a Vic Fangio or Jim Schwartz. At least they would take the defense to another level. Saleh is addition by subtraction.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A tunnel with just one opening

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Yep, a trap door directly in front of us.

LAJet likes this.
  6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Can I vent?

man, not much to say besides this is sad. This has to be one of the most disappointing years and for obvious reasons.

the sad part is today, you can’t tell me Rogers does much here. Really have concerns with Hackett. Rogers is not 34 anymore, I don’t know what next year has in store but we’re definitely more than one player away.

impressive this locker room is still together but everyone looked really defeated today.

j e t s just end the season.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m sorry, but Tua would be dead behind this line and accomplish nothing. Worst line in the NFL by a mile

Losmeister, SOJAZ, JetFanInNE and 4 others like this.
  8. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

They are great. They're were in Miami and on the field non-stop and on a short field twice early, but yeah, blame the D.

Losmeister likes this.
  9. teamgreen

You're misinterpreting the post. I know the Dline is great. That's why I said that. Unfortunately the opportunity cost of focusing on the Dline is a bottom of the NFL O-line.

Savatage likes this.
  10. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Sorry, bro! My bad.

The_Darksider and teamgreen like this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is definitely JD, almost by default given how bad we are and how everything flows from him. He built half a team, hired our HC, shipped MLF out of town as a scapegoat for ZW, hired known disaster Hackett, failed to build an OL despite sinking a shitload of resources into it, etc. The list goes on and on. JD is responsible for the vast majority of the problems with this team.

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I said this three years ago and I will say it again ... great coaches do not get blown out every other week. Do they have seasons where everything falls apart and they finish under .500? Yes, it happens. But the games they lose are close. Half the losses are not 30-0. It may not be Saleh's fault we are so bad, but he's not a great coach. He just isn't. Douglas sucks, too ... but I want them both gone.

SOJAZ, Borat, papapump and 1 other person like this.
  13. REVISion

It's possible, but you need a smart offensive HC calling plays. Kyle Shanahan's teams are always at least decent despite a revolving door of QBs. The Dolphins were ready to move on from Tua before McDaniel showed up. Goff was atrocious before McVay showed up.

Mogriffjr and Borat like this.
  14. teamgreen

And with the AROD discount, he brought in Lazard, Cook, and CObb-- two has-beens and a glorified #4 receiver, and his plan was "I hope the oldest O-lineman in the NFL, coming off an injury, will be a healthy LT, and I hope an OT who has been healthy less than 30% of his career, and in the bottom half of the league in pass protection when healthy, can bookend our offensive line."

SOJAZ, Bellys Lies, Borat and 2 others like this.
  15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Consistent basis as in a winning organization competing for championships? Of course, can't do that without a good to very good quarterback at the very least. But the Jets don't seem to have any ability to game plan for the talent they do have, attack the weaknesses of opponents, or design any types of plays overcome injuries or situations.

It's like they have a blueprint that they will follow no matter the circumstances.

#55 The_Darksider, Dec 17, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    burf likes this.
  16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

OMG, as completely insane as that would be - after the Gase debacle, it's not that far-fetched...

17. REVISion

Yeah, and as others have said, our offense isn't just bad, it's completely incompetent. We don't look like a bad NFL offense, we look like a bad high school offense. We cannot move the ball whatsoever. We never take chances downfield. We have zero creativity.

Did anyone else go to a high school with a bad football team like me? This is what our offenses looked like.

SOJAZ and The_Darksider like this.
  18. The_Darksider

I submit that the biggest problem is the ownership. The GM, the coordinators, the coach, the players - they all come and go. But only one constant is at the helm - and that constant continues to enable things like this to occur. The few bright spots are very quickly eradicated by periods like we're in now where everyone has a different scapegoat - it's like a Twilight Zone episode. There were several about human experimentation where they created a situation and just watched humans be humans and do predictable things to sabotage themselves.

Same shit here.

#58 The_Darksider, Dec 17, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    SOJAZ likes this.
  19. The_Darksider

Ironically, I took my sons out to Miami and last night watched the Waterboy with Adam Sandler. Say no more.

REVISion likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Tracey Wolfson reported that Zach is done for the game with a head injury but not in concussion protocol at halftime. How does that make sense? Did he bite his tongue too hard? Did he have a sinus headache?

No he was in concussion protocol but the Jets were being fuckbags as usual about a players injury status.

Mogriffjr and REVISion like this.