Saleh postgame presser-He needs to go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 17, 2023.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think that Saleh might be... just might be... worse than Adam Gase.

mezzavo, SOJAZ, westiedog1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't think Gase had a gag order on him. Saleh looks like a prisoner doing vids for his captors.

The_Darksider likes this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Then he needs to go. If they don't trust him eough to do a press conference, they shouldn't trust him with actually coaching the team. He's not good at either.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The team defensively is #7 in yards per game and #16 in ppg. We can probably say above average, top 3d defense. Good, but not elite. It actually regressed from last year when we were #4 in both categories. Granted the offense is a bit worse, but it was quite bad last year also. Also, consider that most talent we have is on defense. Without talent first year they were #32. But right now, let's say #11/12 overall, if you take an average of points and yards placement.

On offense we are just terrible, #31, bottom 2. Another thing that I noticed yesterday, Browns OLine didn't really have a lot of starters. And yet it was functional. Top WR was out, and yet they were able to pass with Moore (the guy that failed here) as #1. As much as I shitted on JD (and will likely continue doing that) it seems coaching is not able to make whatever little talent we have work to their capability either. Particularly disturbing was the Browns OLine though - they held up great without top talent.

I don't know gang, it just seems so clear we need better coaching, not just FO. Even if next year Rodgers is back playing at decent level, even if we get a couple of solid OL and another weapon, can this coaching maximize it? I mean there will be injuries, we will not always have top talent at every position. It's a scary feeling - we may be flying blind here in 2024 with JD/Saleh.

Jets79, mezzavo, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was fair question by Cimini

look, consider the circumstances- most organizations would fire Saleh in this situation. For whatever (dumb) reason Woody Johnson gave him a mulligan. The least Saleh can do is convey as a leader how unacceptable their performance has been. No more “public relations 101”

Jets79, Ralebird, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Absolute dumb ass reason. He wants to see how it will be with a QB. OK, but Aaron is under contract regardless, so can't we get better coaches and GM and still see how it will be with a QB?

REVISion, IIMeanDeanII and Cman68 like this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Typically I would give the excuse that the season is over, out of the playoffs… team has mailed it in. But we watched them play mailed in , in important games with the season on the line.
    Better come up with some real convincing shit next year woody.

8. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

The defense should be a lot better. There is a ton of talent on that side of the ball. It’s amazing how Jets fans defend Saleh and Ulbrich.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shell shocked Saleh...

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Earlier in the season, I forget exactly when, but perhaps four games in or so, we were one of the least penalized teams. But it seems that the penalties we did take were devastating and very poorly timed. For us to be leading the league now means we have had incredible amount of penalties over the past two months.

Jets79 likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

To answer your question, I believe NO he can not max talent on this team. This is one of the most undisciplined teams I have seen in years and he has no answers for anything. I thought he was the right guy but man, was I wrong. My apologies brothers and sisters, I wanted this stiff and now I want him gone like now...

I just posted a message to Woody on JETS.com that told him he is a fool if he things newxt year will be different....

mezzavo, ouchy and Borat like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This game is the perfect example of what should have been done. The Browns are without their star QB. In fact the QB they have is the same one we've had for years, only even older now. The same one that looked like shit with us last year. Remember the Miami game to end last year? He is throwing bombs now, but with us 5.5 ypa. I mean Flacco asked to come back when we had injuries. Not that he would have helped behind our OLine play, but still... Moore was #1 WR for them yesterday, and when he was in the game, they scored a whole lot of points. He was our trash... The Browns PROVED that JD/Saleh are incompetent, because they overcame bigger obstacles to win 11 games or more, using our trash as some of their key guys along the way. You can't make this shit up. Woody needs to wake up.

13. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

dont forget he keeps reciepts lol

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

they were also missing their top RB who has done a lot of the damage for them this season - to get so schooled by a Browns team that is itself missing so many key pieces is just laughable

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

We have played a game more than most teams but even so we are 15 penalties ahead of the Cowboys in second place and so any other team would need to register 15+ penalties in their next game to catch up with the Jets (on 123)

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And we have the Patriots in Foxboro next

18. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That assumes he's not in a permanent coma.

Borat likes this.
  19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we may hit 150 penalties by the end of the season!

funny though if you look at the most penalized teams in the NFL by year then the Raiders occupy 7 of the top 10 spots! :)

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Whatever dick pill he is using to keep this fox happy is definitely impacting his brain...

[​IMG]

The_Darksider likes this.