Saints -6 1/2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaybny, Sep 27, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think he's going to need to put 30+ points on the board. I like the way we match up with them, and think the Jets defense will hold them to 20 or less. Not saying we'll win, I just don't think they are going to light us up like everyone expects. That's my bold prediction for the week.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Two Facts:

1) When we win Sunday, Saints fans are going to go berserk. Lots of ref blaming and accusing the Jets of playing dirty.

2) When we win Sunday, the "experts" are going to talk about how the Saints have a bad D and how Sean Payton was injured with hemorrhoids, and that under normal conditions the Saints would smoke the Jets.

And this isn't necessarily a fact, but I expect the Jets to drop in the power rankings after they beat the Saints. Something about showing vulnerabilities and Sanchez / Ryan being rookies.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Chalk up one more team that will hate Bart Scott.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

One thing you will never see from us, and that is the pervert defense.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

That Depends

6. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

Exactly! We certainly didn't sack Brady but we rattled the hell out of him to where he was missing passes he normally would have made. This was due largely to the defense being in his face and hitting him and getting him out of the pocket. We should have the same kind of defensive scheme set up. Rattle the hell out of the QB. Bring the rush from everywhere.

7. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

The Bottom Line is we both have New Defenses with New Defensive coordinators and neither team has played a really good team. Niether team really knows how good or bad their defense is. We will both really know once we have about 10 games under our belt. (I know Jets fans say the Titans (0-3 -They are what they are) Patriots (should be 1-2), but Brady has been average - missing more open receivers in all 3 games he has played than I have ever seen.)

Your defense IMHO is better than ours
    Our offense IMHO is a LOT better than yours

Our offense at home in a dome vs your defense > Your offense on the road vs. our defense.

Geaux Saints!
    MC

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Fair enough on the offense considering that Brees is both good, and experienced. All I will say is we have won 3 games against good opponents. Our defense is totally for real. I am not saying we will win, but your offense is not going to light it up on us, no way.

This is going to be another hard faught game. It will all come down to who executes for 60 minutes and wants the win.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Our O has scored every time it needed to. The Saints compile a lot of Offensive stats big deal. Compiling stats means nothing. The Jets have the better QB, better TE, better WR's, better OL and Leon is awesome. The Jets O scores a TD every time they need one.

David Harris is going to make Brees his personal bitch on Sunday.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Please don't use the "our defense let up most of the points in garbage time when we played the prevent D." It was still 11 on 11 and great defenses won't let the opposing team score no matter what quarter in the game it is.

11. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

How do you quote on this board??

Quote from WinstonBiggs - "Our O has scored every time it needed to. The Saints compile a lot of Offensive stats big deal. Compiling stats means nothing. The Jets have the better QB, better TE, better WR's, better OL and Leon is awesome. The Jets O scores a TD every time they need one."

David Harris is going to make Brees his personal bitch on Sunday."

Better QB?? - I realize that Sanchez has some potential, but I even think that 98% of The Gang Green Nation will find this laughable.

Better WR's?? - Umm, probably not.

Better TE and OL?? - Probably pretty even.

A lot of teams in the past 3 years have been trying to get to Brees in the last 3 years. They have had limited success.

12. winstonbiggs

Brees is soft that's why SD unloaded him and that's why the Bears ate him in the playoffs. The guy is deadly accurate but he managed to take the best team in football and not get them to the playoffs. He managed to fold up in the playoffs against us when our QB had a bum arm at his home field and he couldn't throw the ball in Chicago with a little pressure and a little wind with at least as good a team.

The biggest thing the Saints have going for them this week is its a relatively unimportant game and it's indoors. The Jets should provide enough pressure for Brees to show how tough he is.

#92 winstonbiggs, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  13. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Lol, are you seriously arguing that Sanchez is even nearly as good as Drew Brees?

14. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

All I have to say is that I would be much more comfortable calling for a W with Pace in the game on Sunday. It is a damn shame he is not back until the following week.

15. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

why do saints fans keep saying that neither team has played against a good team? the jets beat the pats and the pats are a good team. i would also say that the titans, despite their record, are probably better than any of the teams the saints played since the eagles didn't have mcnabb

16. winstonbiggs

The Eagles without McNabb are better than the Titans. The Pats are a good team they were also pretty banged up when we faced them but clearly still a good team.

17. ........

........ Trolls

It's awfully tough to judge Brees based on what he did in San Diego. He got new life in New Orleans and has done exceptionally well post-surgery. I don't think he's the best QB in the game, but I'm not sure how you can argue that a rookie is better at this point. As far as the receivers go, Colston > Cotchery, Henderson is a more proven version of Clowney, and Moore is a more proven version of Stuckey. Meachem and Smith are both unproven, so I'd say it's a wash on that one. The Saints have the better receivers, but I'd agree Brees makes them look better than they are. I don't think it's as close on TE and OL as the other poster would like to think. I'll take our guys any day of the week.

18. winstonbiggs

Last three years Cotch has averaged 6.5 more receptions per year and Colston has averaged about a yard and a half more a catch per year. NO threw the ball more than 100 times more than the Jets did last year with Favre at QB. There is nothing to suggest that Colston is more productive or better than Cotch right now other than he plays in a dome for about 10 games a year and plays in an O that puts the ball up more than the Jets by a large margin and yet he isn't more productive.

The Jets have good weapons on O when you account for Cotch our TE and Leon. Sanchez has been extremely efficient for the Jets. I'm not so sure in a wide open game that if they take the shackles off of him that he can't put up 35 plus in that dome?

#98 winstonbiggs, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  19. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

Sanchez will let you guys down come Sunday!! He will be in New Orleans with a dome full of drunk wild WILD WHO DATS!!!! BY 3:00 CENTRAL THEY WILL BE LOUD AND DRUNK!!!!!!

Sanchez will see all types of blitz packages in his face come Sunday. The kid will be rattled like he was when he saw those blitzes the Ravens were bringing to him.

20. GreenMachine

Are you pointing out a pre-season game? MWHAHAHAHA

He was not rattled by 2 of the best head coaches in the NFL.