Saint (-7)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by slimjasi, Oct 1, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

people are picking the saints because at home, they are the better team.

its an upset if the Jets win. A big one. It makes a huge statement if they win and sends a message to the league.

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

The line is definitely fair. Right now, the Saints are the most impressive team in football.

3. retthib

retthib New Member

Vegas is inviting picks to get an even amount of betting on each side. They want it to seem high to Jets supporters & vice versa. But when a team has a win ratio by 20 pts thru 3 games, anything less than a TD would invite one sided bets, IMO.

4. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

On the strength of playing at home and the likelihood that our defense is going to give Sanchez fits... I think it's pretty reasonable.

5. VG56

VG56 Banned

The Saints are beatable..... I truly believe that. This game will be closer than many people expect IMO. I think this is going to be one of those games where a really bad mistake kills us.

6. SaintsFanMan

SaintsFanMan New Member

The Saints will bounce out to a quick lead. The Jets keep in interesting an at 1/2 time its only 17-10 Saints. Saints blow it wide open in the 4th.

Saints 30 Jets 13.

:shit:

7. salex77

salex77 New Member

I think -7 is justified because of the Jets injuries to their Defensive line and the Saints offensive ranking overall in the league ! I wouldnt be surprised to see maybe -7 1/2 or-8 by gametime .Maybe it goes over the total ? who knows only 45

8. GreenMachine

I love how Jets fans think it will be a tough win and close and Saints fans expect a blow out. Colts fans part 2

9. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

well the middle ground there is a close saints win :)

however, philly and buffalo kept it close with us for a while and then all of a sudden we blew the game open. indy did the same thing to the saints in the first game of 2007. all it takes is for one team to play beyond their means, then suddenly get a little behind in the second half and start getting desperate. then turnovers happen.

I think the saints will win. whether or not the Jets keep it close or lose their cool and get blown out will say whether or not they are a really good team.

If the saints lose, it won't be by much.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Why are you even here? To be a Niners troll?

11. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I think it's definitely too high. One Saint against the entire Jets team?

Is this recent epidemic of typos in thread titles bothering anyone else? Maybe I'm just cranky.

I for one would not be ok with a lose on Sunday.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Jets have no D-line injuries. :drunk:

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

nothing was better than the spanking we put on them in the medowlands a few years back.

in fact the picture from my AVY is Curtis Martin plowing over I believe Gary Brackett, i may be mistaken. it was either him or Cato June.

ill never forget that game.

C-Mart forever baby.

on a note related to the Saints. there fans are beyond arrogant they do nothing but imply a blow out and then end it with. heres to a good game.

then when we try to remind them were not the lions, eagles, or bills. they simply spew stats out.

I really expect us to defraud their defense. Like i said I have all the respect in the world for Will Smith, Vilma (ONLY in a 4-3), AND Darren Sharper who I think is one of the most underrated defensive players in a long time.

that being said they have fucking Scott Shanle at LB Keller could run circles around him and most of their front seven.

whatever time will tell, im a little nervous not having a starting CB and our Nickelback against a elite passing attack, that being said thats no fucking reason to back down.

its time to hit shitface and make his 6 ft frame come into play. If jenkins gets one good sack on him (and believe me he will these saints fans are crawling out of jack daniels bottles if they think their OL will hold him in check)

#33 Coach K, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  14. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

(-7) is insane. But its not driven by what you or I think are a fair spread, its by what people are betting and most people are expecting a blowout.

The Jets have already punched 3 teams with "high powered offenses" in the face.

This will be one of the last weeks the jets have a chance to beat an "overrated team". Even if we lose, for the rest of the season we will be the favorite to win (except maybe when we face the Pats in foxboro and if the patriots don't drop a game to soemone else first. Also week 16 the Colts).

Get your bets in now. After Sunday its going to be a lot harder to find these kind of favorable odds.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I don't think it's high at all, they automatically get 3 for being the home team, and with the crowd noise in that dome might even be 4.

It's perfect being the underdog though, Rex and the gang will eat that shit up.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think so also. 120 points in 3 games... they're home... we're banged up. 7 is maybe on the light side, I hate to say it.

17. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

If it's a blow out against either team it won't be because the D's didn't play well. It will be because of turnovers or special teams. Don't forget, if one team falls behind near the end of the game, it's either go all out and catch up, or go all out and throw an interception (which can help to run up the score for the winning team).

18. nolafan33

nolafan33 New Member

If I was a Jets fan I'd be very interested in this weeks game. You'll see a new D out there this week, you won't see your team blitzing 62.7% of the time. If they do, the Jets will be in for a long day.

Teams can't blitz Drew Brees, he's too good. It's nearly impossible to disguise a blitz, he'll know where it is coming from and get rid of the ball. He gets rid of the ball so quick that it's almost pointless to blitz in the first place, your better off dropping 11 in coverage and hoping he runs.

Too give you a idea, here is what he has done when blitzed this season. He is 7-9 for 141 yds with 3 tds and no picks (perfect 158.3 qb rating) when blitzed.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I disagree, you just have to have the right blitz package and coverage down the field.

He's not Superman. Jenkins has already spoken about footage from the Bills game and said you can clog up his passing lanes if you can't get the pressure. Drew is short and Rex will know how to expose every weakness.

Obviously your a Saints fan and will believe whatever you'd like, but we rattled Tom Brady, Schaub, and Collins, so I don't think rattling Drew will be too hard.

20. nolafan33

nolafan33 New Member

The thing is, it won't be easy to have the right blitz package and coverage down field. The Saints have more packages than the Jets do, I guarantee you. Basically, it's a lot easier said than done.

What happended in the Bills game won't happen this weekend. What worked for the Bills won't always work for the Jets, player personnel are different. Not to mention, teams have done what the Bills did and it doesn't always work. The conditions were terrible also, which played a part in the passing performance.

I'm sorry, but Brady, Schaub, and Collins aren't on the same level as Drew.