Ryan Fitzpatrick By the Numbers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 16, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I never blamed the defense, the defense was reason #1 why we made it as far as we did. I judged them harsher based on them being our #1 unit.

the Philly O was the #1 unit for them but he elevated that offense. they scored almost a TD more per game. did he and the O do enough? No but i's hard to fault a backup for coming in and leading his O to almost a TD more per game against the tougher part of their sched.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This is nothing more than excuses and double standards but whatever.

3. nyjunc

it's nothing more than being uneducated about what actually happens in a football game for you.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not really. junc is right this time. And I hated Sanchez when he was with us and I don't think I ever want him leading my team but last year he played decent for Eagles and he wasn't the reason they missed playoffs.

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Do we have any more in-depth numbers? I'm genuinely asking, because I'd like to see who was better.

One more touchdown per game is nice, but very basic.

How many more points did the Eagles score per drive with Sanchez as the QB vs Foles. What kind of field position did each start with. Who had a higher TD%vsINT%.

There's a lot more that goes into this game than "7 more points per game"

6. nyjunc

I agree with you and I posted all that stuff in the "sanchez is kickin' ass in Philly thread" months ago.

7. jcass10

Gotcha. While I should be working, I looked at some of the numbers. I think I would give a slight edge to Mark.

Sanchez through 1 more TD and 1 more INT in 2 less attempts but also had a significantly higher completion percentage. Mark had a few more fumbles.

Honestly, they didnt play that much different all things considered. Like I said, slight edge to Mark.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nonsense he wasn't the reason. He crapped the bed in teh second Cowboys game. If they had won that, at home, they probably would have made the playoffs.

But count on Sanchez Fans to hype his mediocrity as something more than that. Just because Smith is even worse does not make Sanchez a good Qb. He will not be the starter in Philly unless Bradford goes in IR, you can bank that.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Not a fair comparison. Foles had OL problems that were worked out later.

More to the point, are we really going to witness yet another thread hijacking? This is supposed to be about Fitz.

#209 Big Blocker, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Lol okay.
    I know he's not THE reason they missed the playoffs. Football is a team sport. I do agree that Sanchez was decent for them last year, however if you say that you give more blame to one unit over the other because that unit was that teams strength, then you can't move the goal post just because your favorite QB was involved.

11. nyjunc

Mark and Foles posted very similar #s, I don't think QB play held Philly back.

12. jcass10

Of course. There are a million factors that go into who is a better player. I just wanted a bit more in depth than 7 points per game.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over a "thread hijacking." If it helps, I've made my peace discussing Sanchez.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

NFLN had the Texans-Dallas week 5 game on Sunday. Houston lost but Fitz overall had a good game. He can make plays. We saw that with the Bills. But like Sanchez when he has a little success he gets over confident and tries to push the envelope. He throws balls into tight creases and either he makes a good play or the ball can be dangerously close to the opponents D. He's not good enough to be consistently accurate. Gailey is going to have to put the skids on this and be somewhat conservative if Fitz is the starter. He can be good but scarily close to turnovers at all times unless under some control.

#213 pclfan, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015