Rumor: Jets want to start Zach but Zach doesn’t want to play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Probably true but to be fair....I'm not sure jesus knows the west coast offense

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the coaching is bad, but this kind of hyperbole is why fans look like idiots.
    remeber how dumb the coaches were for mims, hackenberg, etc. they know. we just suck when it comes to in game coaching/playcalling which is what separates the good from the bad coaches.
    also FWIW fans were saying the same about ulbrich year 1 and I defended him, now everyone loves ulbrich but at the time I was "the idiot defending a bad coach" I'm not defending saleh or hackett by any means, i'm just saying that becuase of how quickly fans shift their thoughts because they are based on emotion and not rational.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

You are really, really skilled at making your absolute guesswork sound like you have some sort of inside knowledge. I will give you that. The only problem is, it's not objective at all. It's all wishful thinking.

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

That's ok, neither do the Jets... Makes them a perfect fit

5. The_Darksider

I agree that Boyle is among the worst QB that's ever played in the NFL for as long as he has. I also agree that Zach is bad, but better than Boyle. But I can't make any judgment on Siemian after 1+ quarters in the situation he was thrown into. He's shown that he can be a bottom of the league type QB, but after not playing for 2 years, being hurt for a couple of others, and not practicing with the first team, there's a pretty fair chance he's a wee bit rusty.

He's not a savior either way, never. But to automatically assume he's completey garbage based on that sample size is just hating.

Centiment and Ralebird like this.
  6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

well played sir

7. The_Darksider

Agreed, it seems at this point that something was blown way out of proportion. My bigger concern is how the Jets always end up in the niddle of this kind of shitstorm.

8. The_Darksider

So who's the real idiot? The person that takes hyperbole seriously or the person who uses it?

9. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Perhaps but who blew it out of proportion? My bet is the culprits are the "multiple team sources" who leaked this information to the Athletic. If anyone blew it out of proportion, it was them.

We can sort of see what happened:

1. As de-facto GM and HC, as a team leader or as a friend of Wilson's. Rodgers called Wilson and told him to get ready to start this week.

2. Wilson expressed trepidations because of the risk of injury, but Rodgers bucked him up with a pep talk.

3. Nevertheless, because Wilson was nervous in the service, Rodgers let the CS and/or front office know that Wilson was skittish.

4. Word spread at One Jets Drive, and Wilson's attitude pissed some people off, and these people promptly dropped a dime to the Athletic.

Now, everyone looks like shit:

Kronoking likes this.
  10. The_Darksider

I feel like if it went down your way (which is entirely possible) all someone would have to do is phrase it a certain way and it would grow legs on its own. The Jets organization is a constant gas leak that is just waiting for someone to drop a match on it. It cannot be very hard to take something with a grain of truth to it and frame it the way you want to make it explode.

cval likes this.
  11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Exactly "what" pride are you talking about? Pride? This team has no pride...not at the CS level anyway. The defense may have some pride but...

For once, I'm on Wilson's side of this. For 2 years now this fan base has eviscerated the kid, myself included. TWO years. Then the CS brings in an old man to be our savior, without addressing the o-line (again), and THAT wasn't guaranteed to fail like a lead fart? Wilson is, what 23/24 years old? "We" may not like it but SOMEONE is going to give that kid another shot, they always do, and he doesn't want to leave this joke of a team as a paraplegic. Probably go off and pull a Geno Smith somewhere else because our putrid turd of an organization has never...let me be clear on that one...NEVER drafted and coached up a single young QB. EVER.

I'll throw one more log on the fire. You watch, whomever starts for this disgusting joke of a team will, somehow, WIN enough to ensure we get the shittiest possible draft spot we can. Hell, I applaud the kid for having the stones to stand up for himself. There may be, what, 5% of the league that will hold this against him. The remaining 95% will be like, "Yeah, we feel you." The whole NFL knows just what a shit show the NY Jets are.

Stevied and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That was Cman's point. Show some pride for once in the work you do and don't allow a 22 year old to jerk the organization around

The rest of your post, I just, I idk how anyone can take wilson's side in this. If what is alleged is true? that kid can go fuck himself back to Utah

mezzavo likes this.
  14. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Looks like a complete load of bullshit. No surprise from this poster....

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Have we still not learned that nothing Saleh says can be taken at face value? He protects players at all cost. What he says has no relation to what actually happened.

dmw likes this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Saleh Quote "Zach knows damn well he should be on the football field" sounds like it might have been somebody else's decision to bench him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

This x1000…..its amazing how easily fooled some idiot fans are. Tim Boyle being unworthy of seeing an NFL doesn’t mean Zach Wilson is. They are both garbage, and neither should have been counted on to play QB when Rodgers went down.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If I were Zach, I would play b/c I would want one more shot to beat the Patriots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.