Rumor: Jets want to start Zach but Zach doesn’t want to play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he was playing through a rib injury but thats part of the "he can't stay healthy" thing. he couldn't last more then 3-4 games starting so IDK why people would think he would last behind out o-line. He also has no mobility either.
    He did some things better then zach for sure, he was more decisive and got the ball out and checked it down alot and let our skill positions do their job, but he isn't a good QB by any means, not one that is a decent starter. he wouldn't have done anything for us this year

meanwhile Last night I watched zac taylor give browning a nice easy offense to run and browning made some good throws but mostly he was smart and efficient. IDK why hackett can't do something like that to help our bad QBs. a majority of snaps their option 1 was schemed wide open and it was a simple dink and dunk offense then hit them with the long ball when they creep up

Acad23 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

for clicks? have you seen the media? it's all about clicks and clickbait articles and pushing agendas. the days of actual journalism is dead (if it ever existed) If he wanted to put something on blast then he can show all the texts, instead he just wanted to invoke a reaction for views because it works.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

None of that is what you said though. You said he was awful which is a bad exaggeration IMO. But I don’t really disagree with any of the rest of it. He does have health concerns because for whatever reason he takes an absolute beating in the pocket (holding onto the ball for too long at times?).

I think him + LaFleur would’ve had a much better shot at getting us to the playoffs than Wilson in the event that Rodgers got hurt. With Hackett who knows.

4. GasedAndConfused

i'm talking about in an overall sense. he had some good games previously but his last 3 were awful here (which is what i said). a couple of them he was playing pretty beat up so it could have had an effect on him for sure. or it could be teams got enough film on him to exploit him. its a big reason why someone will come in and spark a team then fizzle out.

I do applaud him for standing in to make throws and take the hit. he's a tough SOB but he can't seem to take those hits and stay healthy. sometimes you gotta protect yourself as a QB. he's a good backup to come in and play a game here or there but he wasn't running this team for 17 games and taking us to the playoffs like people seem to suggest (but FWIW he's better then boyle or simian for sure)

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

White is exactly what you want in a backup QB. Confident, well-liked, the vision to find multiple guys the ball and inexpensive

just plain dumb to let him walk to a division rival and stick with Zach Wilson. Thanks Joe D

6. GasedAndConfused

we didn't let him walk. he wanted to go. there is a difference. they had more money to offer(tua on a rookie deal), tua has been injury prone which gives him a good chance at starting, they gave him the QB2 job flat out, no state taxes, and if he comes in he is throwing to hill and waddle. why would he stay here for less money, taxes, and having to compete with zach for the QB2 spot. players will make the best choices for themselves. he also grew up a dolphins fan and is from florida.

7. BrowningNagle

Duh, White wanted to go there because they offered him a job and a better contract. Breaking news

He was here in the building if Joe Douglas wanted to keep him he could've. He had plenty of time/opportunity to offer an extension

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rodgers calling out the Russini and Rosenblatt report from yesterday basically saying character assassination is bullshit.

[​IMG]

Saw this conspiracy posted about the leak actually being Boyle, which is why he was cut today.

[​IMG]

9. GasedAndConfused

could have but it wouldn't of been feasable. between rodgers big contract and wilsons fully guaranteed rookie deal you can only spend so much on a 3rd QB w/o hurting the rest of the roster. GMs have to make tough choices. it makes way more sense to have a vet minimum boyle on the PS as a QB3 to retain more talent from positions that will actually play then it does to throw 6+ mil at white, carry 3 QBs and pay zach the money he's making to be a healthy scratch. It also costs a roster spot obviously too

10. GasedAndConfused

good thing we aren't a winning organization.
    but jokes aside, rodgers hates russini. did some diving into who she was yesterday and basically she has a history of making shit up and twisting shit for views and then deleting it which is why rodgers doesn't like her.

11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I haven't looked to see if anyone wrote this yet, but how does any of this make sense? Saleh is now denying that there was any reluctance, Zach wants the ball. So it went something like this?

Saleh: kid, be ready, you got the nod against the Texans

Zach: ok coach! Gimme the damn ball, I want the dang ball!!!

Coach: i'm not there yet, I'll let you know Wednesday

Sure.

12. GasedAndConfused

It seems like normal conversations between players and nothing to do with the coaching and it was taken too far by the media.
    like rodgers watching the game and afterwards telling zach to be ready to start and zach saying is it worth it to risk injury at this point. season is over, protection isn't great, i was already benched, I cna't be traded if i'm injured etc etc. whatever his reasoning is and rodgers saying you always play when you have a chance and you can't worry about that stuff and wilson being like ok. then wilson going to the CS before practice saying he wants to start and he'll be ready if they call his number. someone overhears the conversation and leaks it and it gets blown out or proportion by the media for clicks.

Like imagine you work at a place and you know it's going to be a busy weekend but you expected to be off and your talking with a co-worker and being like IDK if i want to work, i'm tired, i have plans, etc etc and them being like it's your job and the extra money is nice and your like yeah your right so you go to your boss and say hey if you need me this weekend i'm available. then someone who overheard it goes to HR and says you are refusing to work overtime and HR pulls the manager in and he's like IDK but he told me he wants to work this weekend if we need him.

saleh is clearly weighing his not very good options right now, and probably isn't aware of every conversation players have. no boss is aware of everything their employees are thinking/saying to each other. We also don't know what conversation was had with zach when he was benched/made inactive. they could have told him "we are going to trade you in the offseason so were making you inactive so you don't get injured, you are done playing for the jets" makes sense. I mean the raiders did it with carr last season, and did it with jimmy G this season. now 2 weeks later they may start him again and he's like well what if i get hurt it kinda ruins the whole plan for me? again IDK and nobody knows who said what exactly but no matter what it's blown out of proportion. unless zach went to saleh and said i'm not playing then it's a non issue and doesn't seem like that is the case at all based on what saleh said

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I think someone doesn’t like Zach and tried to roll that bus over him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. The_Darksider

It sure seems that way, but the spin they are putting makes it seem like they want us to believe something entirely different.

15. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Who couldn’t like Zach?? He was beloved in college!! Oh wait…

16. BrowningNagle

I think it's clearly an accurate report at this point but yeah, Saleh "not being there yet" is something someone would say when they want to hide a disaster behind the scenes

I just hope, pray, that all these fuckers (Wilson, Saleh, etc.) are not employed by the Jets next season

17. The_Darksider

By these fuckers, I assume you mean everyone from Woody on down to the towel boy?

Centiment likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

yes. There are very few likeable players and coaches on this team

19. The_Darksider

I was actually sparing the players, let the next kingdom decide. But I'm all for that as well. Maybe we should petition to become an expansion team and really start over.

20. BrowningNagle

if that’s true, and it could be, that’s fucked up

the player that wanted to sit on the sideline and collect a check is not the one that got cut, but rather the one dismayed by it

loser organization

SackRecord99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.