Rumor: Jets want to start Zach but Zach doesn’t want to play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Btw, do you remember in the off-season these Jets beat reporters could not break a single story, not even basic signings, because there were no leaks from the organization. Nothing. Now, Zach shows the teammates some attitude, then takes it back, and yet the whole thing is immediately leaked out. It's just time to move on at this point and make big changes.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Because I don’t think Rodgers really gives a shit like you think he does when he was realistically only playing another year or two. As you said - he’s 40 and due a mountain of money. Why would it matter if Mike White or Case Keenum backed him up when he’s probably the most gifted thrower of the football ever?

Sometimes it’s not a big ol’ giant conspiracy and it’s simply mismanagement.

#222 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    Acad23, Borat, REVISion and 1 other person like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it’s because others in the organization heard of Wilson’s waffling and it pissed them off.

They went and told the media

Since1969 likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’m sure the whole thing has been blown out of proportion

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Empty seats aren't as effective as you already know the cash is in the bank.. Fans with Bags on their heads gives quite another visual and is far more embarrassing to the organization and honestly, the league seeing this in a major market on national TV.

papapump, Ralebird and LAJet like this.
  6. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

There’s so much audacity sounding this man it’s kind of crazy. He had the starting job this entire season up until pretty much what 2 games ago? Plus, obviously since he was drafted.

He has done nothing to have people keep making excuses to the degree that’s being done for why his performance has been abysmal.

Okay he’s better than Boyle and Siemian. So what? How is that being used as a barometer? Wilson was drafted with the second pick in the draft and has been a starting QB in the league since 2021. I would hope he’d be better than two random.One who looking at his College performance shouldn't even have been in the league and the other who was actually out of the league.

I don’t know the validity of the report but if true he has a contract. So if you want him to play and he doesn’t dock his pay and be done with it. Him starting might be a little less torturous to watch vs the other two QBs but it’s still torturous, nonetheless.

He has no resume to feel slighted. If anything, he should be appreciative at the lengths the Jets have gone to coddle him.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Facts don't fit your narrative? Look, I don't like that Zach showed reluctance, it was a selfish attitude, Rodgers set him straight, and he went to the coach and said he wants to start. This should have been handled inside the house. Of course it is a bad look, but he didn't refuse to play, that's just not what was reported. Showing reluctance and attitude to a teammate after being dumped and then coming to coach and saying he wants to start is not the same as refusing to play.

Things like this used be handled inside the house. This leaking was prevalent when Mac was a GM. JD stopped it. And now it is happening again. The damn is breaking loose again. Mac 2.0 in the house.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Wow! That is fucked up.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. The_Darksider

You play devils advocate on everything. Why would he even bring it up if that wasn't the proper context? Do you think he's just throwing things out there to make the coach look bad? That's even worse than breaking his confidence.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

No, I’m just saying that it was probably a small comment from Zach that got blown out of proportion. It probably didn’t need to go as far as it did .

and the “rufusing”, vs reluctant was a mistake on my part. I realize he didn’t refuse to play

Borat likes this.
  11. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

For anyone (Z truther or otherwise) to attempt to justify this as if the org has failed him is insane. It is absolutely unprecedented for an unestablished qb (let alone one who objectively sucks) to turn down a chance to start.

Starting as an NFL qb is a huge honor and opportunity (altho he has squandered 30 such opportunities already). For him to not treat it as such is insane. For him to not feel any obligation to go out and compete to his best and pick up his teammates who he himself has let down for three years is a testament to why he is one of biggest busts in NFL history.

even if he was just hinting at it privately, it is an immediately terminable offense.

for an injury calculus to enter his mind and for him to say it out loud is insane.

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Un-drafted free agent Jake Browning has engineered THREE TD drives so far tonight.

lol

papapump, Cman68 and REVISion like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True, true….they should were J&J labeled shopping bags

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Jets have had only 3 offensive touchdowns since October 29th

browning did it in one game

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

And two of them were in garbage time.

Acad23 and Khan like this.
  16. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Your replies to me anytime I point out anything that pokes holes in your own desired narrative bubble keep getting more aggressive. While leaning more and more on defensive hyperbole. Just pointing that out :)

#236 Kronoking, Dec 4, 2023
  17. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

This 100%

Other then the clubhouse consideration stuff to me he's really just a different on-field flavor of Trevor Siemian.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sakeh wants out of this mess in the worse way. Woody cornered him in the hallway and told him with finger jabbing him "You bring Zach Wilson in for ONE MORE PLAY you'll be fired and out of here before halftime.

So Saleh see his perfect escape. He just needs to convince Zach to come back for one more play and Saleh gets his golden ticket.....Can Sleh convince a young Zach to come back? Saleh's career depends upon it!

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There were no holes. But if there were, it would be Rodgers fault.

OK, fine, I will stop now, but you do blame Rodgers for pretty much everything that's not within his purview without any evidence at all.

#239 Borat, Dec 4, 2023
  20. The_Darksider

I pointed that out somewhere today as well. Prior to Joe Douglas, this organization was a sieve, everything was leaked. For a few years, he played it very close to the vest and nobody could find out anything. Now it's all back. Makes me scratch my head and say hmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.