Rumor: Jets want to start Zach but Zach doesn’t want to play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Everyone could have suspected that, but there is no way anyone knew it would happen, it wasn’t about proving anything, it was to save Zach the wrath of the fans at home after 4 straight loses, when there was an unknown sitting on the bench that everyone was calling for.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Ahh, it's all Rodgers' fault, of course! The puppet master Rodgers manipulated JD and Saleh, who of course do not have free will, into starting Zach. We must be willing to acknowledge this most logical explanation and everything will make sense. Keep Saleh and JD who are the victims here of big bad Rodgers for 4 more years. Btw, I heard there was a water outage in Florham Park earlier today. The fans need to be willing to acknowledge the most logical explanation that Rodgers drank it all.

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

For the first time I'm on Zach's side here. What kind skills and experience is he going to develop behind this line and with this offense? He's been not only benched but demoted to inactive twice in two seasons and a couple games later you want him to start again??

4. typeOnegative13NY

Yup. He’s getting paid well.

JetFanInNE, Jets1035 and jets_fan like this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I would be more than happy to go stand behind this O-line and take that beating for $35 million (or whatever he's making). I'd go out there without any hesitation.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If this pathetic leadership did that to appease the fans knowing they are both massively worst then they are even more incompetent that we give them credit. If the fans have such long memories they should be venting their anger towards the losers on top that created this nightmare year after year, and demonstrated they couldn’t orchestrate a one car funeral never mind staffing and coaching an offense that is disciplined and each player carries their weight properly on the field, which has been an unmitigated joke. Every freaking first down is a momentum killer by stupid play calling, dropped passes, idiotic motion penalties and a putrid OL that has generated zero, I mean zero run capability. Zach was slated to be on a one year development as a minimum, that was the plan, he was not ready to start and that was that. So instead we throw him to the wolfs and let him take the blame if he fails, while to really help this team, they added two massively incompetent back ups…….for what?
    The fans should show their displeasure not by booing Zach, but by not showing up at the game. This is a disgrace of an organization that no QB will fix.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

This is what I hate about pro sports. The hero worship. People actually being ok with someone getting 35 mil and refusing to do his job. If anything, I would be happy if it gave the jets an out from paying him: f that.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He was not awful by any means in any game other than the Seahawks game and wasn’t he playing with badly injured ribs from the Milano shot two weeks ago?

We moved the ball pretty well against the Vikings and Bills but turned it over in bad spots in both games. But he had us in position to win the Vikings game on the final possession and a (long) shot to do the same against the Bills.

I don’t disagree though, he’s not nearly as good as we remember him but he competently ran the same offense they’re destroying people with in San Francisco.

Ralebird and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

And yet in both seasons here he ended with 75 passer rating and more INTs than TDs. Last season he took huge shots to move the ball behind this line and ultimately got hurt after just a few outings. We had better receivers too. After coming back he started to pay attention to protection because he did not want to get hit like this again and he was ineffective. The last week Flacco started and was just as ineffective. Playing better now for Browns. Rodgers lasted 4 plays. The line we have had under JD is a killer of QBs. White is no exception.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ahahahahaha…

Play ? zach says I’ll “pass” on that

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He didn't refuse to play. He said he was reluctant to a teammate after being dumped again just two weeks ago and having no protection, but then stopped by coach's office to say that he wants to play. I mean, this doesn't look great for him, but neither does it for the coach, who lost the locker room or a GM, who is constantly putting QBs in harm's way with this shit line. But Zach did say he will play, so while it's not awesome, I won't kill him for it. If he actually refused, it would be a different story.

12. jets_fan

Completely agreed.

Will be interesting to see how the week unfolds. Wouldn't be surprised if he were cut on Wednesday.

13. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

He left an unprecedented $35m on the table to come to one of the worst team destinations in professional sports on the obvious promise this would be his team and spotlight opportunity. Which he was clearly relishing every moment of. All say the right thing factors aside, why wouldn't a 40yo doing such on the decline of his career care in the event the team then brought in somebody who was a much better bet then those 2 pre-approved bottom feeders to potentially come in and do as well or maybe even better job then he could? Why risk potentially ok'ing the recreation of the same ugly scenario you took that pay cut to escape and leave behind?

I think you over-estimate just how extreme of a manner most people believe that kinda stuff plays itself out behind the scenes. Rodgers making it known to Woody that he'd personally stay most comfortable and happy with letting the kid take one last real crack at filling in for him (while he maybe even ended up rehabbed his injury in record time!) probably doesn't play out to be that big a "preference" ask to somebody who had already started planning the more important 2024's preseason "COMEBACK!" cash-in marketing strategy. As long as people are not getting fired nobody in that room is pushing back on that either.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don’t believe this allegation.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If he were on the last year, he would be. I mean I won't kill the guy for it under the circumstances, and he did take it back, but it was pretty selfish thing he said. Dianna reports Rodgers called him and told him essentially not to be an idiot and talk to Saleh and basically take it back. But who knows how things are in that locker room now. Cut is possible, but really, the whole thing stinks, and JD and Saleh let it get to this point by being losers every year. One thing that shouldn't happen is him actually starting though on Sunday. If he is still on the team.

16. Khan

Khan Active Member

I believe they can't do that even if they wanted to, due to the dead cap hit that would accelerate onto this year from his fully guaranteed contract. Likely part of the reason they opted not to go for a more expensive veteran in the first place.

17. jets_fan

Maybe not cut then, but sent away like Derek Carr was last year by McDaniels. Either way, I'm not going to be at all shocked to see them move on from Wilson in one way or another by Wednesday.

Khan likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I actually think that this organization is still shellshocked from losing Rodgers 5 plays into the season. They never, ever planned for anything as a backup plan and when all of a sudden they needed a backup plan they had no idea what to do. Having Boyle as QB#3 really was a way of saying "He's never going to see the field", and then BAM! he's now QB#2. Sure they could've signed somebody better than Siemian at that point, and should have, but that's why I think they were in denial and shock and didn't really know what they should do. If they signed a good vet QB, then what happens when Rodgers returns? And remember, apparently they were still of the belief that Zach could be revived, so what does bringing in a good vet do to that plan?

In short, they may have had reason to believe that the Rodgers Plan would work well, but they had no fall back if it didn't. And as things have unfolded, it's clear they never planned on anything else because there is no way they could think that Boyle, or Siemian, were suited for anything but mop duty at best.

The only question is: Did they come to believe that Zach sucked and he was the main reason the offense wasn't working and so they benched him? If so, did they think Boyle could make this offense work since he supposedly had experience with it. Or did they realize that the problems were much bigger than Zach, but the media and fans couldn't accept that so they decided to put Boyle (and then Siemian) out there to "prove" that Zach wasn't the main problem?

In any case, their poor planning beginning with the quest to get Rodgers on, has led them here. They've managed to show the world that they are incompetent and need to be removed ASAP.

As for Zach, and did he express reluctance about going back in as QB#1, why wouldn't he have? This organization has completely mishandled him from Day1, and not only that, has allowed him to be the scapegoat for their failures, even allowing the "Mike F'n White" tshirts to gain traction. Meanwhile, he's kept his head down and his mouth shut and has tried to get better. Forget whether his efforts succeeded or not, why would you shit on a guy who has been a "good soldier" for you? Because that's the kind of organization the Jets are! And it's not just Zach they've fucked over, there are lots of other players they screwed, and then got rid of when they uttered a peep. How many guys who were injured and questioned the medical advice and support they got, and then were made to look like whiners?

Why would anyone want to play for this franchise?

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Hey, I can understand not wanting to be publicly humiliated for the next few weeks. Makes perfect sense to me. He knows he can't hack it, no reason to put it on display again and again.

20. jets_fan

Nobody does. They only come here when we grossly overpay.

We're really reaching the point now where this is about to become a dead franchise, where there's no way to salvage things and we're just going to be cellar dwellers in perpetuity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.