rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kaloshiJETS, Jan 18, 2010.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

On the spike, I thought it was the better move than using the TO. we have a rookie QB, allowing him to be able to use the middle of the field in that situation was key.

I think the deep sideline route to Edwards on 2 and 10 was the bad call. he should have run a dig, with Cotch running a 15-20 yard post on the other side. If its not there dump to Keller in the flat.

But hey, it all worked out in the end, we got what we needed out of that drive which was Sanchez confidence up.

If Sanchez wasnt a rookie, i think we actually line up and run a play instead of spiking the ball, we had plenty of time, but with the rook we needed to stop the clock and get his head on straight.

2. Konodmb41

Konodmb41 New Member

Couldn't agree more...not to mention that tanny was the one who picked ryan. Not that I care about them anymore, but if Sanchez threw 5 less INT this year we would have atleast 11 or 12 wins. Based on the growth of this team since the 2006 season, Tanny deserves exec of the year more than anyone.

3. Dirty's Dozen

Dirty's Dozen New Member

Rex is the leader we have been waiting for.
    He makes more good game decisions than bad ones as a ROOKIE head coach.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

the rule is fine you just got caught talking out your ass. spotting the ball is an inexact thing i bet its pretty rare that the refs spot the ball exactly where it should be. on that play the guy missed the spot by about half a yard, but if moving the ball that half a yard doesn't really change anything about the game so why would it count as a challenge win?

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Didn't read through the thread since the grammar here is so awful that it was giving me a headache... but...

Who gives a shit? Who else would've accomplished what Rex has this year.

Everyone makes mistakes. What is important is who overcomes those mistakes. Rex overcomes and ascends.