Rex : Vick Starting a Possibility

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsO12, May 15, 2014.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

So you're saying it wouldn't have been ideal for the Jets rookie QB to run away with the job over the incumbent butt-fumbler that was basically a laughingstock in NY?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't remember him ever saying that about Smith. I remember one of the press geeks asking him when he first took the job if they thought Kerry Rhodes could fill the role that Ed Reed played in Baltimore and he did say yes to that.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

4. abyzmul

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rex said DeMario Davis had leadership skills similar to Ray Lewis

The man undoubtedly says some crazy shit

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

The better quote is how teams don't want to face the Jets this year.

I love our coach.

74 likes this.
  7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

lol you're delusional. Vick is not taking us to a SB , Boyd is not good, and you're not going to heaven.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Verb tenses are our friends. "Geno ran away with the job" reads as Geno "ran away" with the job as opposed to "would have ran" away with the job.

9. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Well, I guess it seems where you and I are of differing opinion is that I don't believe Geno must be the day 1 starter in order to clearly determine whether his last three games were a legitimate sign of his maturation and development or just part of a Yoyo cycle of performance. I personally believe that those conclusions can be accurately drawn during the full course of camp and preseason. Having said that, Geno WILL start at least a game or two (if not more) at some point during the regular season simply because I don't think Vick has played a complete season since high school. Therefore, based on what Smith does between now and his inevitable regular season starts (particularly since pretty much everyone can agree that Vick is not a long term solution) the FO/CS should be able to decide if they need to go about the business of evaluating QB draft prospects they might wish to target for the 2015-2016 draft classes or not. I would love to see Geno take some giant steps forward and assert himself as the undisputed starter for now and years to come. I just am not inclined to believe that we need to sacrifice games to find out whether he has and will be unless a.) he earns the starting job during camp/preseason, or b.) we have no choice due to the actual starter being injured.

#29 Altoona, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Big Blocker likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Einstein said that a definition of insanity was the persistence of doing the same thing over and over that does not work. Stay fixated on the idea that Geno can we games for us, after he fumbles the ball or gets it picked off. See what that does for ya.

11. MaximusD163

Seriously?

1. If you had read the whole post, it would have been explicitly clear that I was not in any way saying Geno ran away with the job. It's like quoting "Ideally, Mark Sanchez became the Jets' savior at QB." From a post that in fact said "Ideally, Mark Sanchez became the Jets' savior at QB. Instead he butt-fumbled and got cut."

2. I incorrectly conjugated a verb, but seriously you're going to pick out one tiny part of one of my posts, when I generally have some of the most grammatically correct posts on this entire board?

Don't be a fucking tool.

RuJFan and 74 like this.
  12. legler82

The whole post was somewhat confusing to me, particularly the referenced sentence. Hence, the confused gif. If you do have some of the most grammatically correct posts on this entire board, I don't think that wasn't one of them. Or maybe my reading comprehension has gone to shit as it is late.

74 likes this.
  13. MaximusD163

Lol, I'm going to assume it's just because you're tired but this double negative actually indicates that you thought that post was one of my more grammatically correct posts. You're right, though, it wasn't one of my grammatically posts, and usually I miss a mistake like that as it gets later in the night and I've been looking at a screen too long.

74 likes this.
  14. legler82

Yep, that's my cue. Time to shut it down and live to be a tool another day. L8ter!

74 likes this.
  15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

haha dude you're preaching to the chior I think Geno is a waste of a second round draft pick

mgjetman22 likes this.
  16. MaximusD163

Shit... me too lol.

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Actually, I've heard this sentiment a number of times over the last handful of years. But, it applies ONLY to the defense. :eek::rolleyes:

Having said that, there is no edict that says Geno "must" start this season. I say let them battle it out in camp and let the chips fall where they may. As others have said, it's a good bet he'll start somewhere in the season if he hasn't clearly beaten Vick out in Camp due to probably injury. If there is ONE thing I love that Idzik has brought with him from Seattle is competition mantra! They should compete each and every single week! NOTHING should be given to anybody... I absolutely loved how Geno ended the season last year but Vick is the superior QB if you factor his experience and knowledge of Marty's system so....we shall see.

To be honest I'm more worried about how our receivers will shape up. I REALLY am intrigued by the Nebraska kid, Quincy. I'm pretty interested to see how he shapes up.

18. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I have to admit, this subject keeps me up sometimes. It is something that my not be truly answered this season.
    The easy answer is that Geno wins the job and keeps it all year to become a starting QB. But do you guys
    honestly think he's improved all that much in one year? Vick is probably the best we could have gotten outside
    of Geno, he's familiar with MM's system and has the necessary tools. But he isn't going to take us anywhere special
    and I doubt he stays healthy, since he can't slide well. Tajh Boyd is this year's Dennis Dixon. Please.
    I saw surprise them all and give Matt Simms the job. F---- it. He might have it. You never know.

Big Blocker likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How difficult is it for the offense to flip between a lefty and a right handed quarterback? Does that present significant problems? Do you shift Brick to RT if Vick is playing? Serious question.

20. abyzmul

I think it just reverses the blocking assignments and has an affect on what route is the hot route but I can't tell for sure. The good thing is that MM has already dealt with this issue successfully.