Rex Ryan Wins, Jets Fan's Lose

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetBlue, Dec 18, 2012.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I am not advocating firing Rex but this is typical dumb fuck fan ignorance. who gives a shit about whether a coach is proven. Not only are all the great coaches in history unproven at some point, but the majority of the best coaches today were all unproven when they were hired by their current teams:

Belichik - failed coach in cleveland
    Tomlin - unproven
    Payton - unproven
    McCarthy - unproven
    Jim Harbaugh - unproven
    Jon Harbaugh - unproven
    Coughlin - successful coach in Jacksonville

Those are the top coaches only one had proven success. Beyond that, how many proven coaches have comparable success at new teams after successful stints elsewhere? Jimmy Johnson ring a bell? how about George Seifert or Mike Ditka?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Harbaugh's young QB was taken on the 35 pick. Rex's was taken on the 208. That's the difference between the expectation that the guy will be your starter and the expectation that the guy will retire in a few years.

No, there is no-way, no-how that McElroy is a better gamble than Sanchez in anything but a total failure situation for Sanchez. We're there now. There is no chance that Sanchez is going to turn into a good QB for the Jets at this point. There is a .01% chance that McElroy will.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

It kills me how Ryan skates as the team has steadily declined. "The most talented team I ever had", remember that? If that's true then Rex sucks as a coach.

And if he said that to "protect" Tannenbaum, then he's a dope, because as a head coach he will eventually catch the heat as the team fails

So Rex either sucks or is stupid, take your pick. But either way he bears responsibility and should be called on it.

4. JetBlue

the problem is we were at total Sanchez failure 6 games ago.

5. akibud

akibud Active Member

Some people want to keep Ryan around next season because otherwise, a new HC will blow up the team. Here's the problem with that. Keeping Ryan for next season puts us right back at competing for 8-8 because he is locked into Sanchez and has no offensive philosophy. If you think about it, why would you be building a football team offense from scratch as he did when he got hired and opt to not want a potent or balanced offense? Regardless of how great a defense you put on the field, wouldn't a potent offense make your team greater?
    But not Ryan's thinking, I need a ground and pound offense, that the future of football I guess. If we fire the entire front office and bring in new schemes and some new players, we will be competing for 8-8. But at least we will be one season closer to moving past this horrid nightmare of "Rex Ryan, pretend head Coach" Same record, but more optimism. After all, as Jets fans, isn't that all we strive for?

6. JetBlue

no it doesn't. that is baseless speculation. if that becomes reality, you are correct. otherwise, it isn't unreasonable for fans to believe the organization is more likely to change course with the QB after the season rather than during the season. there is nothing to believe that Sanchez is locked in as the starter next year, unless you believe Ryan is an absolute stubborn imbecile. and if that is what your position depends on, it isn't a strong position.

7. akibud

akibud Active Member

My position is that Rex Ryan is, and always was an average HC. Mark Sanchez is and always was a horrible QB despite being the QB of the Jets during those 4 road playoff wins. It is my opinion that, this team under Rex Ryan for another year will be more of the same, after all, history seems to support that opinion. He admits to losing the locker room last season, what changes were made? Other locker room leaders were let go, and the play on the field deteriorated even more. What history is there to support a theory that we will be improving offensively next season? Hiring Tony Sporano?