Rex Ryan = Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 22, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you haven't figured out yet that most everything Rex says in a press conference is bullshit than I don't know what to tell you. He was very obviously just trying to pump his guys up and build confidence. I can't believe you don't see that.

2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

And that is why more than half this fan base wants him gone. If you prefer to have smoke blown up your ass every offseason then that's on you. Don't get mad at the people like myself who want STRAIGHT TALK not bullshit. This is why it's mind boggling that you don't see it from our point of view. Also, if you're going to talk big then be accountable when it goes to hell. Don't be stubborn and cling to Mark Sanchez just because you've been saying every week that he gives us the best chance to win. He boxes himself into a corner with his stupid statements to the detriment of the franchise. He did the same with Tebow. Just shut up, or do what you say you're going to do.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm not mad at you, I just disagree with your opinion on Rex. He is a far better coach than Herm Edwards IMO. I also think it's ridiculous to base your opinion of him as a coach on what he says in a press conference. Look at what he did when he had a talented team. Success. That's all we should care about.

Fix the cap and give him a talented team again - maybe even with a real NFL QB.

4. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Rex doesn't understand his player should be professionals they aren't children who need their fragile ego given a boost by false bravado. If we can see through it don't think the players can't either? There is plenty of time outside of press conferences to build your players up and compliment them. You think good players like Brady, Manning, Rogers, etc need their coach to blow smoke up their ass in press conferences? If your confidence is that low it relies on your coach to talk you up you don't belong on the field. How are those confidence booster Rex has been giving Sanchez all these years working out. BS is the tool of used car salesmen.

5. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

So he's exactly like you, because you're just spewing baseless accusations about a man's character aka you're full of shit.

#85 AarontheJet, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  6. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Some Jets fans are proving that this is a very stupid fan base, in general, unfortunately.

Rex would be hired in 5 minutes if the Jets fired him. Rex Ryan led us to two AFC championships despite having an AWFUL qb, I'm sorry ppl, but Rex is a keeper. 1 losing season out of 4, and ppl are calling him an idiot and want him fired. Please. All you ppl are a joke. Rex is not going to be on the hot seat this year, and for good reason, he is a damn good football coach. Wanna criticize his shenanigans? Fine. But calling for his head. Hahahaha ... only idiotic Jets fans who secretly yearn for the days of Rich Kotite. Hey, the facts are the facts ... fire Rex .... who the HELL YOU GONNA HIRE? Who has his resume and is close to available ??? Umm, so you want a stud, hot, coordinator. Fool's gold. For every Rex Ryan there are 20 Marty Morningwig, Mike MUlarkey, Greg Williams, Raheem Morris, Mike Nolan, the list goes on and on ... what a joke.

And lastly, again, Rex Ryan is a coach who, is almost completely responsible for dismantling high powered offenses led by Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in consecutive weeks on the road in the playoffs!!!! He devised those game plans. Beat two all time QBs on the road ... that just doesn't happen folks! What else do you ppl want???? jeez! Unfreakin believable. But your ready to fire him bc he admits he didnt handle offense right, mishandled tebow, and made a couple of false gaurantees.

And one more point ... Jets fans are starting to take Rex's defense fro granted. Let us remind ourselves of the recent times where the jETS defense couldn't stop a nosebleed!!

SO please stop the Nonsense. Fans and the media. Let ex have a couple of sucky years before talking about firing.

Pop quiz ... which recent NFL head coach went 11-5 one year, then followed that up with a 7-9 and then a 6-10. Before winning a ring?? I'll kill the suspense. Bill Cowher. 97-99. Stability wins out long term suckas. I'll let the chumps continue this stupid debate ... advocating for a coaching carosel when u already have a proven commodity. FOOLS!!

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This thread is fucking stupid.

This is the least thought out bullshit in an attempt to somehow prove that Rex is not a good HC and should have been fired HooRaaH.

Rex isn't going anywhere, get over it. The two are not comparable and this thread is the worst I've seen this offseason so far.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

When you point out the Brady, Manning, Rogers, etc.. type players on this team, then I will accept your argument.

You ever think that the fact that we don't have very good players on this team, including Sanchez, is the reason behind all of his boastful rants to build up his below average roster/players?

..and it has been a useful tool from my point of view considering almost half of the players that were being fielded on offense belonged on ST.

Rex gets that absolute most out of his players, to try and knock him for that is wrong. There is nothing wrong with how he approaches that spectrum of things.

9. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I never said Rex isn't a great motivator but you don't think he could leave that stuff for practices, locker room, and on the field of play. It was a big mistake coddling Sanchez fragile self confidence. If Rex had recognized this years ago he could have taken steps to get another QB, even if that meant trading Sanchez when he appeared to be doing well. Shrewd GM/HC know how to unload flawed players. Look at the Bronco's how they got us to take Tebow off their hands.

10. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

It wasn't the talent that went away, it was the fact the honeymoon was over. They were both rah rah motivators but and the both lacked the ability for the team to fear and respect them. They were both too nice, both players coaches. The rah rah only works for so long. Once it wears off and guys realize they can do 'just enough' to take a $5m dollar pay check that is what they do and Rex and Herm allow this to happen.

The great coaches don't make excuses about talent. You don't hear Belicheck saying 'oh I lost harrison' or seymore, or branch, or brady or for that matter, weiss, mangini, mcdaniels, or even Pioli. They win anyway because they hold guys accountable. Herm didn't and Rex doesn't.

And even more to the point the guys that go elsewhere NEVER end up doing as well as they did with Belicheck. Pioli was the second coming...until he went to KC. Loosers don't realize this because they don't know how to win.

#90 supersonic, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  11. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

the fire rex fans make me a shame to be a jets fan that i have to be associated with such idiots

12. major33

You know, there's still Jets fans who believe in Mark Sanchez. All he needs is Norv Turner and some really good wr's. That's what they tell us.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It wasn't that the talent went away? Are you honestly going to try and say the Jets had a playoff talented roster this year?

And spare me the Belichick shit. Rex had Sanchez while Belichick had Tom fucking Brady. Maybe take a look at what Belichick did prior to Brady. Let me help you out with that in fact.

6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5 (playoffs: 1-1)
    5-11
    5-11

Give Rex Tom Brady and he wins a superbowl his first 2 seasons.

14. major33

Give Rex Tom Brady but he has to have the Patriots defense. Otherwise that's not fair to Bill. Also, one player does not make a team no matter how good he is. I trust BB waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Rex to find a supporting cast. Also, I trust BB more to find a way to make crappy talent play over their heads, just like their defense has been doing the past few seasons.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

bellichicken was also 11-5 the year tom brady went down.

did anyone ever think, that maybe... just maybe the entire organization has a plan and a method that works? that they have good ownership? good management? and therefore consistently have a good team, whether brady is playing or not?

id like to see what bob kraft and his management team would do with rex ryan.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Of course Belichick is a better head coach than Rex. He's also been a head coach for 21 years now. You would have surely fired him after his first 6 years - no doubt about it.

Rex has shown he can succeed with a talented roster that doesn't even include a good QB. Give him a good QB and a talented roster and we will be a difficult team to beat.

Rex is too good of a coach to give up on when the cupboards are bare with talent. No coach could win with the roster we had the last 2 years.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Wtf .. I thought I was buggin

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Against a weak ass schedule and lost the division to a Pennington led Dolphins. That was also after years of head coaching experience to draw from and a roster filled with guys who had won rings. Rex was 11-5 with Mark Sanchez @QB.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yes yes thats it, weak ass schedule. of course.

20. major33

Rex has shown he can succeed when he has very talented players dropped into his lap. The question is, can Rex succeed with players that he's picked? I don't think he can build a team, you do. Even if he isn't the GM, he will still have major say on how the roster is built. I have no faith in his roster building skills, you do. That's really the only thing that counts here. Going forward we'll see who's right.