Rex Ryan = Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 22, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Technically we have 4 AFC Championship games('81, '98, '09, '10) and 1 AFL title game('68).

yes, we have dumb fans that follow the team.

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

but we have much dumber people in the front office! :rofl:

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

that would be impossible, we have the dumbest fanbase in all of sports. we deserve Rich Kotite and Leon Hess.

4. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Isn't it amazing how these two blowhard clowns - different in their own ways to be sure - found ways to run their teams into the ground?

Awe inspiring quotes:

"You play to win the game."
    "Let's go eat a g'damned snack."

They both took over talented teams built by previous coaching regimes (Parcells and Mangini).

They both had good defenses that came up small in big games.

They both started out with strong running games that diminished after they ran running backs into the ground and the previously strong offensive lines deteriorated.

They both had limited QBs - one with physical limitations (Pennington's arm strength) and the other with mental limitations (Sanchez and his inability to read a defense or react to pressure).

The fan base turned on both after they collaped in epic fashion with terrible seasons.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

rexy isnt to sperm levels yet.

i used to have my herm must go t shirt that i bought from tgg on every week when herm was coach. i honestly hated that man.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No. Herm could never mess with Belidick and Brady like RR has. Herm inherited a pretty good team and some nice things happened but could never beat the elite teams.

#66 Jake, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Give Rex an offense and watch what he does. The haterade is way overboard w/Rex. The guy is far and away a better X's and O's guy than Herm could ever dream of.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

You people have become ridiculous. 2 years ago use were comparing Rex to God now where comparing Rex to Herm ? This is getting fucking nuts.

9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

That's not saying much. And you overrate Rex....tremendously.

10. Realistic Jets Fan

only real difference is that Rex is a good football coach

while Herm Kotite was a good sermon composer

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Herm and Rex both had their teams collapse when the talent went away.

Explain how a coach can effect that?

12. alleycat9

rex and herm are similar in the bullshit.

herm was a master at deflecting blame, he did it brilliantly for a number of years. he would walk into a room and you would walk out wondering how he made you believe it was everyone elses fault. i hated him for that.

rex will walk in a room and make you think he took all the blame but in reality he just deflected the anger.

rex issue is that he is full of shit in everything that he says. there is no ability to believe him. he is a buffoon and clown. typical bully, full of bluster.

13. major33

Who's fault is that? Rex said he had his best team yet, plus they were HIS players. He picked them. Probably why he boasted about them this summer. What an idiot he is. I have no idea how he can make those statements after last season. Either he wasn't honest with the fans or he has no clue how to evaluate talent.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Holy shit has everybody become a lunatic here? The team Rex got in 2009 has become nothing but older..not one improvement was made in four years. This year he loses his best offensive and defensive players, has a bad season, and all of a sudden he is Herm Edwards? Are you fucking serious?

15. major33

Herm was just a mediocre football coach, whereas Rex can at least do a good job at DC when he's got great players. Just don't let him pick the players, otherwise the team goes into the toilet. But you definitely hit the nail on the head about Rex having a masters in bullshit. It's embarrassing that we have an owner who is conned by this clown. He's got the Isiah Thomas affect going on.

16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Is Rex ever honest at press conferences?

No. he is not.

But I don't blame him for the talent fading. I blame our GM and front office b/c that is their job.

17. joegee

joegee Member

Right, he claims responsibility,and everyone else is fired.

18. major33

Normally yes, but our owner is Woody Johnson. Rex picked the players and he will continue to do.

Are you guys paying attention?

19. alleycat9

i agree thats why i was saying they were similar in the bullshit, its 2 different brands of bullshit but bullshit all the same.

i think rex is a very talented defensive coach, i also think he is a buffoon who shouldnt be allowed to talk or be the one who creates the overall feel of the team.

football knowledge wise rex is head and shoulders above herm, i didnt mean to imply otherwise.

20. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

For the record I like Herm too bad he didn't know what a clock was. All our HC seem to be tragically flawed in one area. Herm could have been a preacher. Btw, this one of my favorite Hermisms...

"PUT YOUR NAME ON IT"