Rex Ryan = Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 22, 2012.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

There have been only a handful of seasons where I have been totally convinced that we would score every time we got the ball. The 2009 and 2010 seasons were very special and hopefully we return to those days soon.

2. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

herm edwards wasn't a bully and a classless blowhard however

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

btw i dont know who she is but the tits on the chick in your avatar are RIDICULOUS!

4. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

yes the head coach takes no responsibility for the offense or the defense

(rolls eyes)

5. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

translation: for some rex's cult of personality still fools them

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We will, Obviously not this year unless a miracle happens and we win 5 straight and things fall our way

7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Um, if I recall correctly, Ryan said that this was, and I quote, "the most talented team I have had since I've been here". So he is either a liar or sucks as a coach. If it is true, as some have said here, that he is soley a victim of poor talent, what has he done about it? Has he demanded better players, or to get more involved in player selection?

Hell, if my reputation as a coach was at stake and an organization refused to get players, I would leave and then blast the organization in question. Rex doesn't seem to be moving
    towords that.

So why does he deserve to continue to skate as the team fails? Since the "2 AFC championship appearances" we keep getting hit over the head with, he is 11-15 and the team has steadily declined. He also admitted to losing the team, which is amazing for a head coach to admit, much less actually have happen.

Taking his career with the Jets as a whole right now, Rex Ryan has not shown me anything that indicates he will be an effective NFL head coach. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you haven't figured out by now that everything that comes out of Rex's mouth is to be taken with a pound of salt then I don't know what to tell you.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so leading us to 4 postseason wins(all on road) and to 2 title games hasn't shown you anything? Seriously? fans amaze me.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's funny the dude quotes the stats from the 2 years after and infers it means Rex is a horrible coach. Nah, lets just pretend 09 and 10 didn't happen. Getting to the AFC championship twice in 4 years is actually pretty good and most coaches in the league can't say they've done that other than perhaps Bellicheat and maybe John Harbaugh.

11. nyjunc

we haven't been to or won a SB so I get people being upset about that but at least we have had a chance half of rex's years and since 2009 when rex took over no team has more playoff wins or conf title game apps but I guess that's not showing anything?

12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

And the team steadily declining and an NFL coach admitting he lost control over his team hasn't shown you anything? Seriously? Your type of fan really amazes me. Try this: go to your boss tomorrow and tell him that you cannot fulfill the most basic tenant of your job (which is basically what Ryan did the end of last season). Let me know what he says.

13. nyjunc

He has the MOST playoff wins in team history and has only coached 3 full seasons. Teams have down years, it happens. Did you know Tom Coughlin completely lost the LR in 2006? did the Giants fire him? Coughlin lost the LR in 2010 and part of 2011 too- did they fire him?

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards ain't shit compared to RR. Not even close.

15. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

you graduate high school?

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah you?

Fillington

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL. Insulting poster's intelligence eh? Giants fans :rofl: This guy should be banned. He does nothing but troll. I haven't seen on actual conversation, analysis or rational discussion come from this guy, only insulting one liners.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Wrecks is an equal to Kotite

19. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

not true...i have had plenty of discussions and I was the one who-months back-started a thread stating that I thought the Jets have done wrong by Sanchez on many levels, including the dearth of talent and bringing in Tebow. So this Giants fan has actually stuck up for your QB in the past (as has some guy named Eli who plays close by).

However I do make no bones about my feelings towards Rex (though they have softened because he has been humbled...a little) or any Ryan for that matter.

20. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

The Jets have been to 6 AFC title games in their franchise history. TWO of them were under Rex Ryan. People seriously want to fire a coach who's never gone below .500 with a career winning record that has taken the franchise to a third of its AFCCGs? HAH!

#60 Dirty6Sanchez, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012