Rex Ryan allegedly says he would welcome firing if Woody doesnt invest in changes.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Dec 28, 2012.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Rex is a horses ass. He wanted Sanchez, so they moved up and got him. He wanted Santonio around so the ridiculously overpayed him... He wanted defense in the draft so they drafted defense...

Now, he says if the Jets won't invest in Offense he would welcome getting fired?

:rofl:

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I love Rex but if I were Woody, I would just fire Rex if there is any truth to these rumors.

3. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

What if it true? What if Woody is designing to fail so he can move the team to LA? Then he gets his own stadium and doesn't have to share that POS stadium with the Giants. I know this is really out there, but you never know.

4. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

It's all just posturing. I think he's gone, though.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

Spend more money on a good OC

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

On paper how can you argue that its not?

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Very bold indeed

Watch woody be a cunt and give him what he wants.

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

He wants a good nice expensive Offensive staff, nothing to do with the cap.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't selling a winning team bring Woody more $$ in the sale... and never mind that he just spent $$$MMMMM on that stadium.

Yeah, you're right -- this is really out there.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex should be fired if for nothing else than starting Mark this weekend.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I could. There is no way this year's roster was as good as the 2010 roster.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Dude it's the last game of the season, it's meaningless. Quit your bitching about Mark Sanchez. Rex shouldn't get fired because of that decision.

I hope Rex is making the right decision, IF THIS IS TRUE. The majority of the fanbase should want Rex Ryan back. He's the 2nd best coach we've ever had. If you put the pieces to the puzzle together, it all goes back to the Tebow acquisition. Rex never wanted him here in the first place. Woody was cheap, Tannebaum was cheap and they neglected the offense in the off-season. I wish Rex fought for changes before the season started. And maybe he did. It's obvious everything said to the media is fabricated bullshit right from the get-go.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Rex is doing exactly what his players do, not holding himself accountable.

Maybe Rex feels his heads on the chopping block and he's starting to make waves of " it's not my fault"?
    If I'm a reporter my first question to Rex is, " didn't you say this is the best roster you've had since you've gotten here"?
    I don't want to hear about injuries, every team has them, it's part of the game. Everyone saw this offense as being anemic even before the season began.
    Rex is a jerkoff, this whole team sickens me.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I have always felt Rex had no input on either the Shotty hiring or the Soprano hiring and has little to no input on the draft of Offensive players.

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Rex. Good riddance. I have no problem starting over from scratch next year with an entire new staff in place. Rex completely lost control of this team for 2 years now. When you're the head coach, the buck stops with you and that includes the offensive side of the ball. Rex completely failed in this area of managing and controlling the team.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Why don't you just quit being a fan then if they sicken you so much...

What the hell is Rex supposed to do about injuries. He's hired to COACH games. The fact that our depth was practice squad and JAG players indicate a direct fault with Mike Tannenbaum. You can't run the offense you want with at best a mediocre QB when you have practice squad depth.

As for offense, he is responsible for hiring Sporano. However, as I said, if you don't have the personnel, it's hard to really run an offense.

That being said, those flipping a shit about it act as though that Rex doesn't speak to Woody at all. Odds are, he's probably expressed his concerns to Woody about the whole situation.

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

Are you serious? This has NOTHING to do with the players, the cap for players is $120 million nothing less. Rex is saying that Woody needs to spend more money on the staff (OC, QB Coach, etc). Yeah he drafted Sanchez, but who was to say that he would turn out like this? No one can predict the future. QBs get drafted like this every year and every year there's busts.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Whose going to maintain the defense? This defense is something of a hybrid defense, not a true 3-4 or 4-3. So whose going to maintain the defense? Rex I think is the only one capable of using these players in the correct scheme. Offensive and Special Teams will already need an overhaul. Offense too? C'mon man think about the consequences.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Dude saying RR is the 2nd best coach in NYJ history is not saying much when you draw up a list of some of the NYJ coaches thru the ages

Walton
    Kotex
    Coslett
    Herm
    Mangini
    Weeb's son in law
    BP

Not a starring cast hey :sad:

#59 championjets69, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The NFL is built on schemes. Rex isn't the only coach in the NFL capable of managing this defense given the personnel. However that's really his own leverage at this point given how poorly he did as a game manager and a head coach. He can rest his laurels on defense all he wants but his flaws as a leader of men, losing control of the locker room, and completely neglecting the offensive side of the ball far outweigh his defensive prowess IMO. I'd more than welcome a new regime and also Rex isn't the only good defensive coach in the league, far from it, regardless of scheme.