Rex has something cooking up for New England

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ozymandias, Oct 20, 2012.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

I'm guessing playing as many young guys as possible on the 3-3-5. I'm excited.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm thinking the Jets are going to have trouble containing the Pats offense tomorrow no matter what they do. Couldn't hurt to force the Pats to run the ball. If nothing else that kills the clock and keeps the game closer than it might otherwise be.

It's not like the Jets could stop the Pats rushing attack anyway. Overloading against the pass just makes sure that something is contained.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Someone has to

Jets NTs Sione Pouha (back) and Kenrick Ellis (knee) have been ruled out for Week 7 against the Patriots.

Neither player made the trip to New England with their teammates. Undrafted rookie Damon Harrison will get the start up front. He tips the scales at 350 pounds. Pouha has been out since Week 4. Stevan Ridley will look to take advantage of the Jets' No. 28 run defense.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tebow covering Rob Gronkowski! Tebow Island!

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Brady will get sacked on purpose! This idea is GENIUS!

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

sounds like 45-3. Remember that game? The gameplan was sh!t.

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I still don't think we would have won that game, but Leonard going down on a Friday after the whole scheme was installed and having no one else who could really make the calls made it worse.

9. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

This "strategy" has Tebow written all over it.

10. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

is it safe to assume that this is to counter act the hurry up offense? i'm sure that when rex thought of this "risk" it was prominent in his mind

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He's gonna have Brody suicide bomb the stadium

12. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

We're going to line up our defense in a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Also known as the single file line D.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

forgot about that.

14. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

The Patriots concentrated on the run to attack 3-3-5 type defenses. Maybe he's just going to blitz a lot and go after Brady a lot??

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

we are going after old man brady and that pats ol. how we are going to do it is the question.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

(IF this guy isn't full of shit)

I don't think it has anything to do with blitzing. Brady has shown he can beat the blitz big time. 2010 playoffs Rex switched his strategy vs. Manning and Brady and I remember him saying that he sacrificed rush D because even if they ran against them the ball was out of Manning/Brady's hands. Plus his no1. strategy has been to eliminate the opponents top strength - in this case Brady.

I could see him doing something crazy like only having 1 LB (harris) and clogging the middles with like 7DBs. A 3-1-7 Defense?
    Coples-Devito-Wilkerson
    Harris
    Cromartie- Landry- Bell- Wilson- Smith -Berry -Lankster or ETC. (all over hell back there)

I fully admit that this is a wild possibility and I may be losing my mind, but if this guy is right and Rex has a bold move up his sleeves, it could be something like this. All those DBs all over the place would clog up the intermediate passing lanes which Brady has been golden on and some of them would certainly creep up as hybrid LBs. It definetely would be sacrificing something in the running game D, but the Pats are a little banged up at RB and hell - I'd rather have the ball in Ridley's hands then Bradys. Also it would definetely cause the Pats to stop and take a minute to think, if nothing else it would slow their rhythm/no huddles. Besides you got try something new anyway!!

Probably off my rocker, but it sure is fun to use your imagination on these things HAHA

17. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I can't stop laughing.

18. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

I'd have to guess it will be a "dare 'em to run it" approach. So a light line like Pace, Wilkerson and Couples. Harris, Scott and Davis as LBs. Then a backfield of Cro, Wilson, Lankster, Bell, and Landry.

Just dare 'em to run it. Slow the game down so the Jets can stay in it. And if they pass, the pass is pretty well covered.

19. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

3-3-5 would be awesome. Brady is the biggest threat on the Pats. Take him out and they will lose. When's the last time the Pats won when the running game outshined the passing game? Also I would love to see Tebow at LB.

20. Clifton59

Clifton59 Banned

I love Rex but He says a lot of things just to hear how they sound I think