Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by microscopes, Sep 11, 2016.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

We get it. You have a man crush on Revis and Todd Bowles. Let me see, Revis doesn't press much anymore because he is too slow to keep up with fast receivers so his little wrist that could of possibly hurt a little is nowhere near comparable to get a like Watkins who relies on pure speed and doesnt have that anymore due to the injury. Once again, your comparisons are silly. Keep trying though.

Week 6, game on the line, Revis makes a stop and Jets get ball back with chance to win game. Who does Taylor go to to ice the game and basically juke literally out of shoes? Your boy Revis. Early in the game, Watkins had Revis beat by a good 6-8 yards for an easy TD. Overthrow. Quit defending this guy as some top 5 WR for inflating his numbers against weak receivers.

TNJet likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Revis doesn't need to go up against "scrubs" to justify his coverage ability. He's made a career and a living off of shutting down the greatest WR's within the game. Which is why he's considered one of the best coverage corners of All-Time and also (once again) coming off a top 5 season, just last year.

And it has nothing to do with having a "man crush" on Revis and everything to do with understanding how much good #24 does for not only our secondary but also our entire defense.

A whopping two games into 2016 doesn't change the fact he's still one of the best NFL coverage corners within the game today. Marcus Peters just got embarrassed by Hopkins this past Sunday. Which still doesn't change the fact Peters had an awesome season last year.

1.) Marcus Williams.
    2.) Buster Skrine.
    3.) Juston Burris (R).
    4.) Antonio Allen.
    5.) Darryl Roberts.

That. Would be our current group of CB's without #24 as our #1 coverage corner. He's worth every dollar Maccagnan threw his way because without Revis leading our secondary, our secondary wouldn't have a fighting chance whatsoever.

You don't deserve Darrelle Revis as our true #1 coverage corner. You deserve the likes of Russell Carter, Terry Williams, Derrick Strait, Justin Miller, Kyle Wilson, Dexter McDougle & Dee Milliner.

We're only two games into 2016 and even after rating as the NFL's #1 rated coverage corner against the pass only last year and sharks in the water like this guy begin to treat #24 as if he's not one of our greatest defensive players of All-Time.

I wish I could pull up some of his posts from Revis dating back to 2007 and I bet we'd see more of the same.

Walt White likes this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd also like to add that just last season, not only did Revis rank #1 in regards to WR catch percentage against but he also rated #3 amongst all NFL CB's with a 56.6 QB Rating against.

While the likes of Antonio Cromartie & Buster Skrine allowed more than 700 yards each, a combined 10 touchdowns against, and QB passer ratings of over 100.0 against.

But yet, oh so quickly do these sharks within the waters literally chomp at the bit to pounce on #24 (only two games into the following season).

Hopefully Wilkerson after getting a big contract doesn't have a bad game. Or else he'll be fed to the sharks.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Tard fight

abyzmul likes this.
  5. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Let's see how he does through the rest of the season before anything fellas? He adjusted against Buffalo. I highly doubt he gets beat for a big one every game of the year.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Preparing for 400 page Revis discussion

Dude is still standing so lets get our moneys worth outa him

TNJet likes this.
  7. juss

juss Active Member

He's still smart, he just can be beaten by the fastest WRs now, which every opponent we have will try and exploit. He needs help as he can't 1v1 the fastest anymore.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I have never forgotten his holdouts. I have never forgotten the faked injuries when he got burned. I haven't forgotten how he went to the patriots. Nope, we haven't forgotten this bum.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its not going to keep him out of the fcking endzone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's okay, Revis will get his head on straight and bounce back sunday right?

nope. actually fuckin Revis is spending all week bitching about other people. a twitter fight with J.R. Smith, defending himself against a silly bleacher report article, taking shots at his ex-agents who worked endlessly to get him his multiple massive contracts.

seems like his psyche is in a great place for turning around his slump :rolleyes:.

Meanwhile you got Andy Reid buttering him up in the media and then quietly drawing up plans to burn Revis with their fastest player behind closed doors. awesome

phubbadaman likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

doze stats doe

BrowningNagle and phubbadaman like this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not sure what you're really talking about. The latest locker room media interview I seen of Revis, he was focused on correcting our mistakes within the secondary and acknowledged the fact that as a secondary it's a must that we clean up against big plays. It's no secret we'll continue getting tested deep until we put out the flames (per Bowles) and Revis himself is well aware of that.

And this Kick Returning speed demon everyone keeps talking up in regards to potentially "burning Revis" has a combined 3 receptions for 17 yards with a long of 9 yards throughout two games.

This kid could be an Olympic sprinter, as was Goodwin, but being realistic Alex Smith doesn't have the arm strength nor the deep ball ability to make that throw as Taylor did against Revis. Let's not pretend as if he does.

Let's not sit here and act as if Revis isn't self aware of what's taken place over the past two weeks. And let's not make Revis out to be an athlete who doesn't care about or love the game. He's been one of the strongest students of the game with the ways he studies WR's within the film room and one of the hardest working/most competitive defensive players this Franchise has ever seen.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Holdouts
    Joined the Patriots
    Fleeced us with his current contract
    Has drastically reduced in ability

What he's done his entire career is irrelevant to his performance this year. And if the only time he's going to look good is when he goes up against scrubs or number ones who are injured, then he's a gigantic waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm starting to question the overall knowledge of some of our fan base regarding the NFL CB position.

Selective memory at it's finest.

Which "scrubs" are you speaking of? Because the last time I checked, just last year Revis went up against the likes of...

Dez Bryant: 4 receptions, 50 yards, 1 TD.

T.Y Hilton: 4 receptions, 45 yards, 0 TD's.

Amari Cooper: 5 receptions, 46 yards, 0 TD's.

Sammy Watkins: 3 receptions, 14 yards, 0 TD's (while both were healthy).

Jarvis Landry: 4 receptions, 40 yards, 0 TD's.

Jordan Matthews: 6 receptions, 49 yards, 0 TD's.

Allen Robinson: 6 receptions, 121 yards, 0 TD's (not even half of those receiving yards were on Revis either).

Julian Edelman: 5 receptions, 54 yards, 0 TD's.

Pierre Garcon: 5 receptions, 28 yards, 1 TD.

I don't see too many "scrubs".

And for those of who don't know, not all of those receptions/yardage were given up by Revis either.

I guess fans such as yourself only remember the likes of Hopkins & Watkins of week 17 beating Revis bad despite Revis being on the field for over 800 defensive snaps but yet a couple of plays against #24 is the best you could come up with? Laughable.

I'm starting to realize that some of you lack an understanding needed in order to comphrend that...

A.) Revis rated 1st against the pass in regards to QB completion percentage against and/or WR catch percentage against (top notch).

B.) Amongst all NFL cornerbacks Revis ranked 3rd with only a 56.6 QB Rating against (top tier).

C.) Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine each gave up over 700 yards through the air (a piece), a combined 10 TD's against along with a QB Rating of over 100.0 against.

But yet all of a sudden Revis of all players now becomes the whipping boy only two games into 2016?

The Jets don't even win 7-8 games last year without Revis within the secondary due to Cromartie and Skrine getting beat like a drum.

A.J Green got the best of Revis. Sometimes in football future HOF offensive players (actually) make amazing plays.

Now what did Goodwin do after a fluke bomb during the 1st passing play of the game for Buffalo? The same thing as Watkins; absolutely nothing.

#274 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He seems to be doing a tad too much talking this week for my liking.

Maybe its getting blown up by the media a bit, but I cant look at Twitter without seeing Revis bickering with JR Smith, Bleacher Report, ex-agents. I cant imagine Bowles is loving this.

Call me an optimist, but I'm expecting a strong game this week for Revis against KC.

16. Greenday4537

Last year has nothing to do with this year. He could have given up 0 receptions last year and I'd still talk shit on him this year because he sucks THIS year.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You just named things he's done in the past that you don't like, and then said what he's done in his career is irrelevant.

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Clearly a major mistake. Dude flat out sucks and always did. Makes way too much money for my liking too. It's not fair.

Right there with Fitz. I just don't like their kind

19. Greenday4537

We wasted picks trying to replace him.
    We've wasted money on him.

Those are things that affect us today.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, what a scumbag. We're getting fucked cause of him at every turn.

The dude is a fucking pariah.

Revis and Fitz ripping us off. God do we suck.

Btw, Lee was a bad pick, terrible pick. Hackenberg is a disgrace. I'm ashamed.

If only Rex was here, he would know what to do