Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't think Johnson wants anything more to do with him or his agents. I would bet a deal gets done before camp for anything that includes at least a 2nd.

2. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Idzik will lock Revis up for life and he remains a NYJet in a restructured favorable contract.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

when was the last time GM's have ever come out and said a team was shopping their player hard?

your entire argument is just typical fan fear and insecurity.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If he backs off the ledge of wanting 15 or so mill a year I'm for it, but if not then show him the door.

This saga could very well drag on awhile.

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I really believe some of you are from Mars. He has no chance of being back with the Jets and this stuff about a restructured fair contract, never in one billion years.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We have no idea what the market for Revis is going to look like. He'll be 29 before training camp opens in 2014. If he had a great year this year then there's a real chance he gets a very strong offer at the numbers you suggested or above. However if he has just a good year and CB prices in general are descending from the possibly artificial high that Al Davis created with Aso?

Who knows?

One of the things putting some pressure on Revis and his people right now is that there are a lot of unknowns over the horizon in 2014.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Put a hold out clause in there like he has had for past 2 years than he wont be holding out!

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I am ok with trading him but if Percy Harvin is worth what he got from Seattle you can't take less than that for Revis and spin that in any way that would make your team, coaches, or fans happy.

9. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Revis held out twice, but rightfully so. He outperformed his contract and wanted a new one. We gave him some band-aid contract and now he will again need a new deal. Of course, I don't believe in giving him 16m per, but neither does any NFL team. Let him prove he can play then sign him to a new deal.

10. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Revis SHOULD be a Jet for life, but at the right price.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Yeah - no way you can honestly say Revis is getting more than $12 million anyone in the league when really good corners are signing for $6mil. Not like the difference been good qb and an elite qb...CB just aren't around the ball enough.

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The good thing about this process dragging on is that Revis and his agents have got a feel for what the market is. He's got to know that there's no way he's getting $15 mill/year in a long term deal.

13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Bingo. he will be on our roster this season, and we will sign him long term during the season.

14. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

If he is on our roster this season, he will definately go next year as a FA - with a big signing bonus for not costing his new team a bean!!!

15. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Oh crap!How ya doin Greg?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What time Saturday does Revis have that 1million dollars kick in ? Don't you think if they do deal him that it would happen before that kicks in ?

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

They don't care to lose $1 million. They are looking for the exact trade they want, which is a good thing.

Idzik will wait. He'll pay him the $1 million and wait for the deal.

18. Boid Fink

Boid Fink New Member

Axel, I am not allowed to post links as I do not have 50 posts yet. That is a strange, silly rule.

Anyways, it is at The Pewter Report. It will be floating around the top 5 topics. Feel free to register and add to the nonsense speculation. It has driven me insane.

For those of you that do not know, the thread has hit around 145 pages, roughly 40k views, if not more. Dude commands a lot of drama.

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/board,2.0.html
    There ya go.

Thanks for the info. It's always good to get perspective from another fanbase.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

does that really make sense to you? that over $1 million they would take whatever offer they could get, rather than pay it and get a better offer?